View Full Version : TIS question

woodstock
09-11-2003, 06:38 AM
My 1st time here and I know this question has been asked but I'm confused. My daughter is in prison, has been for 15 months on a 3-8 sentence. I don't understand this TIS. I thought it was for only violent crimes but apparantly I'm wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this. Her being in prison is killing me. She was put in a boot camp and just did 80 days but for some reason they terminated her and sent her back to prison with just 2 weeks left in boot camp. 2 weeks away from graduating boot camp and they did this to her. I'm confused. She worked so hard in boot camp to have the rug pulled out from under her. I'm beginning to think some of this is set up to make people fail.

StacysWar030
09-11-2003, 06:46 AM
The Truth in Sentencing is for ALL prisoners. As of Dec. 2000, NON-Violent offenders fall under the TIS law in which they have to serve their minimum b4 being eligible for parole........I am so sorry to here about your daughter.......I'm assuming the Boot Camp she went into was SAI? Correct? Why did they pull her from the camp? I agree with you about this whole thing being set up so they fail.......we have to remain strong for our loved ones and encourage them to do what it takes NOT to fail.......(((((HUGS))))) Hang in there and WELCOME TO PTO........you wil find ALOT of support here!!

Stacy

woodstock
09-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks Stacy for the info, it wasn't encouraging but helpful in understanding it. Now I'm sadder than ever. As far as my daughter being pulled from boot camp I guess from what she tells me it was a setup test. They came to her and 4 other girls and said they found a letter from another inmate saying these 5 girls were doing inappropriate things. She told them to view their monitoring videos and they would see it didn't happen. They insisted they checked them and it did. She got so upset and said she worked so hard that if she was going back to prison she would get violent with them. then they told her they knew what was in the supposed letter didn't happen but because of what she said she was terminated. I think it was a downright dirty trick on these girls. Who wouldn't lose control when you're 2 weeks away from graduating. Seems they want people to fail. Now my daughter won't be coming home till at least 2005. Her life is shattered and mine even more so.

StacysWar030
09-11-2003, 07:26 AM
Man I am SO VERY SORRY this has happened to you and to her!! What a crappy way to trick someone!! I'm sorry that my information disappointed you, but I have been following this law for a year now, there has been rumor that it's going to be reformed!! and WE ARE PRAYING THAT IT HAPPENS!!! Keep your chin up!! Your daughter NEEDS your strength and support!! Do NOT let this system beat you!!!!! Get around ALL obstacles and you WILL make it thru!!

Stacy