View Full Version : Staff/inmate relations

missmyteddybear
03-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I would like to know if it's OK for staff at the correctional facilities to write to inmates, whether it be within that facility the staff works in or within another facility in the same state. This is in AZ.

Also, staff inmate relations. I have a feeling my man is having relations with a staff. I don't know what to do. I don't know if he is for sure, I only suspect. But, it is very fishy to me. I am soo confused right now. dont know what to do or think. :confused:

Jillian
03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I am moving this to the AZ forum where they will be able to help you with the policies of the AZ DOC.

Im sorry that you feel that your man is cheating on you, but i am assuming he has done things before to cause you too not trust him now.

MCForever
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear that .... I am not sure about the writing part, but if you are certain that their are relations going on, I would contact his COIII to discuss. There has to be policies of DOC that restrict that kind of conduct between inmates and cops. Why do you think something is gonig on? Is it substantial enough for the CO to look into it? Make sure you have some facts or good enough suspicions that the CO won't think you are some jealous, crazy wife trying to start trouble from the outside. Like I said I am not sure about the policies, but that is what I would do if I were in your shoes ... sorry again to hear that the man you are being loyal to is being a dirt bag even when he's locked up. :-(

Princess-n-stl
03-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I'll say this much, he needs you more than you need him. He is probably just trying to make you jealous, but remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander too..

"It's good to make them wonder what you're doing at times too"

Marc.PHX
03-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I have a feeling my man is having relations with a staff. I don't know what to do. I don't know if he is for sure, I only suspect.

sorry again to hear that the man you are being loyal to is being a dirt bag even when he's locked up. :-(

So basically, if someone is under suspicion then thats all it takes? Kinda like our good justice system :D

missmyteddybear: I dont know of a policy preventing a staff member from writing to an inmate. But even if there was, I'm sure the CO could simply use an alias and a family/friends return address. Who would be the wiser?

If you have suspicions and concerns about something going on, then you should first try confronting the person in question. Look at the facts and go from there.