View Full Version : Early release Of CA Inmates

Synnovea1684
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and am need of some hopefully helpful information. My fiance is serving two 2 year terms running consecutively for petty theft, he was on parole and had priors for commercial burglary and petty theft. His outdate is September 9th with his 1/2 time. He has no violence on his record and has just seen his counselor at North Kern State Prison. He will be transferring to McFarland Community Correctional Facility in a few weeks. I have been keeping updated as much as possible on early releases and any changes to the prison system. However I am incredibly uninformed on a lot of these issues. If anyone knows anywhere I can go to find more information or just talk to me a little to answer some questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much for your time.

Morris1
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Hello and Welcome. The best place to find out about the politics of the prison system is in "News and Events". If you have specific questions, this forum is fine. Someone will have the answer. Everyone involved in PTO is very nice and helpful. You will catch on quickly. You will be like the rest of us and be addicted to his site.

Again, Welcome. Morris1

Synnovea1684
03-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Thank you for your gracious welcome Morris 1. And to correct my earlier thread, I meant my fiance's time is running concurrent not consecutive. He is only doing 2 years with 1/2 time. So he is doing a year. And thank you for the info. I have scoured just about every newspaper, news article, and website I can find. I follow the prison reform religously. However I am piecing things together as quickly as I can because until "Ronnie" was arrested I didn't even know we had a prison crisis. So I have been doing a lot of research, and found this has been an ongoing problem for at least 10 years. And I do see it getting worse. I have been trying to find Judge Hendersons deadline for Arnold. Earlier I read from 2-15-07, Judge Henderson released his order for Arnie to show him some "concrete plans" in 90 days. So I estimated around May 17th. Does anyone know what the significance is? And does anyone know what the chances really are of earlier release? Any information or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Morris1
03-07-2007, 06:26 PM
They just had a big internet interview, question and answer forum at the following url. Takes about and hour, but it is well worth it. Like I said, the News and Events Forum you will find tons of good stuff everyday.:)

http://www.gov.ca.gov/

Run the video.

Synnovea1684
03-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks Morris. I already knew. I submitted only about 20 questions and was watching it while it was on, and was still submitting questions. I was upset it was only an hour. lol

cadustin
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Welcome synnovea1684. Morris1 is great! Just about everyone here is! Just an FYI, when he gets transfered to McFarland, you will have to reapply. It shouldn't take more than a week though. My husband is next door at Central Valley.

Synnovea1684
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Really? I had no idea. I thought when you applied in CA for a visit you were ok'd for 2 years? That freakin sucks. It took me 2 months just to see him there. He transferred Nov 16th, and the first time I saw him was Feb 10th. I hope it won't take that long again. I'm liable to lose it. lol. Do you know anything about MCCF? Any info would be greatly appreciated. And is McFarland Adelanto or Desert View? Now I'm confused.

rickysscorpio
03-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Last I heard, if the Governor can't come up with an immediate plan that's approved, the Feds will take over in May or June and make the decision as to what to do immediately for the overcrowding problem. The word is they will release sick and very old inmates first and then possibly those with low level offenses and/or those with very little time left to serve. This is all speculation, of course, not set in stone. Good luck!