View Full Version : Mary Samaan, Parole Attny - opinions?

sonrie2007
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
hello!!
Im new here, I want to know what do you think of mary samaan, parole attorney, I hired her, but my husband parole hearing is until september and I dont really know if she could help...
...lets se, he signed 15 yrs with 3 k cocaine, he is from greece and naturalized mexican, what do you think? can we get parole the first time?
The lawyer say that the good things in that he is gonna be depported and she said tha she IS LUCKY with this cases, but NOT GUARANTIES...
I have the letters ready and my husband is with good behaivor and taking all classes he can and working all the time,
what do you think, dear members of THIS parole board?
jiji ...
.....oooooohh, this is soooooo difficult..................

Kay
03-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm not familiar with the attorney you are asking about. I just want to wish you luck and I hope your guy makes parole!

kristah350
03-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Well I am very familiar with a friend (Attorney) of hers and when she was helping me, for the most part she was going to try to help my husband for free, she suggested Mary Samaan who is a close friend of this attorney and she came highly recommended, I didn't do it, I decided to do my own parole packet and got all the letters together myself, and was able to get my husband parole on his first go around, but from what I hear, from our area she is one of the best so good luck.

ttopjenn29
03-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Woohoo....finally I hear Mary's name on here from others in the same boat. This will be my babe's 3 parole review in oct 08 after 14flat served on a 20. I was askin around on my groups about hiring a determined attorney who is REAL and David C. said she represented him. I spoke with her several times over the phone re: our deal and out of all the lawyers I contacted Mary was the only one to actually call TDCJ for info on my man. She is very nice and I plan to hire her this time around.

lormur
03-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Jennifer, Please keep us posted on Mary and whether or not she continues to be aggressive. I hope for your sake that she is as good as you hear.

sonrie2007
03-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I also hired Mary, she told me shes gonna do her best... my husband parole is supposed to be in sept. Lets pray!

ttopjenn29
04-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Sonrie........can you tell me a little of what Mary has done or plans to do in your husbands case? Also if you dont mind me asking you about her fee it certainly helps me make that final decision for my babe's case.

sonrie2007
04-15-2007, 11:12 PM
hello!!
well, so far, mary has all the letters, that I prepare... and all the pictures and the papers from my husband scoocholl courses, she said she needs to wait that my husband has his enterview to send the package, and later she will have the meeting by phone with the parole board... really not doing so much, all the work is already done with the letters and the other work is my husband beheivor, but at the begining of this proccess I though that it would be better to have a lawyer, becouse I live in Mexico, and she is supppose to know wath to do and the better way.... today I really dont know, she said she is lucky with this cases, but NOT GUARANTIES AT ALL, my husband is not very happy and says that if she didnt get parole for the first time he doesnt want her or any other lawer for the second... I dont know, maybe Im afraid and I think that is better to have some one to do the work, but, so far.... not work at all.... she ask $2,000, or 2,500, I cant remember, but I have the papers some place... Ill check
well I hope this helps, We have nothing for sure, and I only can hope that everything goes well!!
If you think I can help, plese fell free to askme!

Texasfem
04-25-2007, 06:43 AM
where is Mary Located? I have never heard of her before now.

ttopjenn29
04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
she's in Houston

sonrie2007
05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
she is in houston, if you want her tell phone, PM me!
:)

Ashagirl
05-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I hope she helps you out! Good luck.

cman321
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I can't recommend strongly enough for Mary Samaan. She is extremely hard working, smart, fair, and will go the extra mile for your case. The $2,000 spent was a bargain for the amount of work done.

She isn't shady at all. She is clear about not making a guarantee but any lawyer that does make a guarantee is either lying or unethical.

Mary did things that no other parole lawyers would do, including making a very convincing parole packet, talking face to face with board, and talking to my family and gathering a ton of helpful info.

Needless to say she was successful in getting my brother a very early parole.

Mary Samaan. Highly Recommended!

ttopjenn29
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Does anyone have Mary's email address?

CK_LK4LIFE
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
I dont but if you find it let me know. Just wanted to give her an update on our situation. Have you tried to call her?

Bonnie2010
08-28-2010, 06:52 PM
hello!!
Im new here, I want to know what do you think of mary samaan, parole attorney, I hired her, but my husband parole hearing is until september and I dont really know if she could help...
...lets se, he signed 15 yrs with 3 k cocaine, he is from greece and naturalized mexican, what do you think? can we get parole the first time?
The lawyer say that the good things in that he is gonna be depported and she said tha she IS LUCKY with this cases, but NOT GUARANTIES...
I have the letters ready and my husband is with good behaivor and taking all classes he can and working all the time,
what do you think, dear members of THIS parole board?
jiji ...
.....oooooohh, this is soooooo difficult..................

so how did the parole hearing go

cindi0331
12-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Mary was the only attorney I contacted who personally called me back and very quickly. She's starting helping me before my boyfriend had even retained her as his attorney. She's always there to answer my questions, no matter what time, day or night. She's very passionate and caring. She also doesn't make unrealistic gurantees. She's been very honest with us and I trust her opinions. I've read some of the crazy fees these parole attorneys charge and it doesn't seem they do all that much. Mary charge a nominal fee that seems way more fair. And as I said she goes out of her way to accomidate us. We find out if he made parole soon and I really think Mary has been well worth her fee thus far....

msladyj75
12-02-2014, 09:50 AM
@ Cindi0331. Mary is also my fiancÚ's parole lawyer. She calls and answers emails promptly and isn't too expensive unlike most parole lawyers. Some charge fees as high as a whole brand new car lol. He still haven't seen parole yet and his date was in October. The parole board (Angleton)is very behind. I'm praying he will come home soon. Good luck with your boyfriend parole. :thumbsup:

cindi0331
12-02-2014, 10:39 AM
we definitely see her a good decision. I have yet to talk anyone who knows her or has had her as their attorney that has anything negative to say, so think we chose a good attorney.
@msladyj75 thank you so much and I hope the best for you guys as well... Have a blessed day

choochamy
12-19-2014, 05:45 PM
I have been researching parole attorney's the past few weeks and really like what I am reading about Mary. I have not been able to find a website for her firm. Does anyone know if there is one?

cindi0331
12-19-2014, 06:35 PM
some more info about Mary. She even recently called my bf before her conference call with parole, got his Dad on it to talk to them, and I don't know how, but she got them both saying how great she is. They said she was extremely organized and prepared for the call. We should hear something in the next couple of weeks. So far we all think she was very well worth the money.

CenTexLyn
12-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Why would you be willing to settle for a phone call with the lead voter? Now that Freeman is gone, just about everyone in all seven offices grants personal appearances with the attorney being able to bring a couple of people with them.

What analysis of the case is being done? The two cases I saw that involved clients who had previously used that office did not have any requests for the DA's file or even anything out of the Clerk's office much less a police report. How is she properly analyzing the case without those documents?

There is a reason some offices command the fees that they get...

cindi0331
12-19-2014, 10:47 PM
well I guess your talking to someone else because Mary has been involved in our case from the day my bf got sentenced. She talked to his previous probation officer and even got his judgenet sent to time keeping sooner than we had expected. She did all this for us at a very reasonable fee. I've talked to quite a few people whose attorneys didn't even get them a phone call. The person my bfs dad talked to at the SA parole office even commented on how organized and thorough Mary got things together in a very timely manner. Plus she has returned every call I've made to her, even on weekends. Regardless of the outcome we feel she has done her best and that's all we expected.

CenTexLyn
12-20-2014, 07:49 AM
well I guess your talking to someone else because Mary has been involved in our case from the day my bf got sentenced. She talked to his previous probation officer and even got his judgenet sent to time keeping sooner than we had expected. She did all this for us at a very reasonable fee. I've talked to quite a few people whose attorneys didn't even get them a phone call. The person my bfs dad talked to at the SA parole office even commented on how organized and thorough Mary got things together in a very timely manner. Plus she has returned every call I've made to her, even on weekends. Regardless of the outcome we feel she has done her best and that's all we expected.

I was responding both generally and specifically. You show to be in Austin with a San Antonio case, which STILL begs the question of why you settled for a phone call with the lead voter given that San Antonio gives personal appearances. There is MUCH more to be gained personally versus a telephonic appearance...

Getting a judgment sent to State Ready or to Time and Disciplinary didn't accomplish anything because neither of those departments can act on materials submitted by counsel.

And there is still no reference to document gathering. Speaking to a prior supervision office isn't analysis.

There are reasons I make repeated posts about what people should be demanding from firms they hire to represent their loved one's interests in the matter of parole or modifications of special conditions post-release. I've seen the work product of most of the major players in this arena. It is what I do and have done for many years...be in positions to see that work.

natjam
12-20-2014, 09:03 AM
My Husband and I hired her and Parole was successful. She is a fabulous lawyer and a wonderful person!!

cindi0331
12-20-2014, 10:53 AM
I understand what your saying and my father was a attorney so I have some comprehension of why attorneys charge different fees based on work they do. For the money we had to spend and what Mary has done we feel she represented him well. I'm sure there's more than could have been done, maybe? He didn't have 5-10k to spend. Having a LO in prison is a burden on finances for most of us and hopefully a deterrent to not commit crimes in the future, right? My opinion is Mary Samann is a caring and passionate advocate for his clients. Can more always be done, again maybe. So I get your point. If our decision doesn't go our way I'm sure we will wish we could have done more for him. In our , my bf made a mistake 7 years ago, never committed another crime, but just wasn't able to do his probation because he was sick. Going to prison has saved his life. For that I'm grateful. He is too. Now I hope he's just given the chance to prove it changed him.

lollyg
12-22-2014, 03:27 AM
I need HELP ASAP! My son is only 21 and was sentenced because he broke probation (relapsed at a halfway house full of drugs). Attorney pled him out and he received 42 months with a 13 month credit, waited 3 months to get picked up by TDC and was picked up one week ago. Was told he was eligible for parole before he left County Jail and suddenly the same atty that pled him out has designated herself as his parole atty (my ex is paying) BUT she won't talk to me (I'm his mother) and has ignored every email and call I've sent her. She finally basically told me she wants nothing to do with me and was very rude. She is NOT a parole atty and I'm terrified for my son because she told him he was only going to a prison to get "processed" and would be back in a "couple of months". Since I've done research I've found out they DO NOT GUARANTEE parole approval and he may get denied which means he may stay in prison until he gets parole. I called the Parole Office in Austin and they said he's already in the review process and she has done nothing to gather information from us - his family. My ex doesn't speak to me and he paid her so I'm very, very worried. This atty had originally told me, his dad and my son that he would need to hire a parole atty - now she designated herself as such! Someone PLS give me some advice as to what to do - I'm worried sick!!!