View Full Version : **~March Check-in and Chat Thread~**

Christy
03-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry...I just can't keep up with the date! ARGH!

Here is the new March check-in and chat thread.

Let's hear from all of you! I want to make sure we aren't losing members because we are so BORING in Missouri!

Let's get lively! Give me something to do......

Christy
03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Now that I have some time, I am FINALLY getting a chance to do a few things that I have been putting off! I am going to get back to my finances and credit repair so that I can move out of my mom's house and into some place of my own. I'd like to buy a house, but I don't see that happening. I am too chicken for one and for two, I don't see how I can afford it if I don't win the lottery or get a much better paying job. Or, I can probably stop spending money! That would help! I did close two credit cards that were just full of high interest rates and fees. I don't have the good credit for a good reward card yet, but I am getting there! It's hard to buckle down and really do better with money, but I am learning and it's something that I have to do if I want my husband to come home to our own home, not a rental with permission from the landlord and certianly not my mom's house!

The other thing I am going to get to working on is organizing my life! I feel out of control most of the time and like there are not enough hours in the day! I think if I just keep track of every little thing I need to do in my appointment book, I will be better! Anybody got some good life organizational tips?

On the plus side, I have lost 8 pounds since the beginning of the year! I have been doing really good eating well and working out 3-5 times a week! I feel really good and the size 8's that I finally broke down and bought...a smidgen too big! I'm still too chicken to try a size 6 because i am scared they will be a little too small and deflate my happy feelings! So, I will wait a bit until the 8's are falling off like the 10's were. I haven't been this size since my husband and I met 20 years ago! That would have been my jr year in high school! Feels good....and it's coming off slow so that it will stay off. I'm really proud of myself there. Now if I can just apply that same disipline to my money management skills, I will be doing okay! But, one thing at a time!

Let's see...the job is crap! I am actively looking for a new one. I want so bad to stay here for the severance package because it will really help in my credit repair and my saving for a down-payment or move-in money for a house, but the politics and bureaucratic BS is getting to me. I don't want to come in, I don't want to stay. It's really bad. I am training my replacement next week to move my position to Louisville and I will be in limbo until the end of June or until I find something new.

Ah, life. It just sucks and is great at the same time sometimes!

MrsPhillips
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Ok let see, I am getting ready for the wedding. I have got dress, my daughters and sister in laws dresses, rings, cake top (I cant bring the cake in of course but I am still going to have one.), the license is paid for and signed by me and him as of today, and the minister is paid. So everything is set, I am already set for April.

On other aspects of my life, I just found out my brother's wife is pregnant with twins and he has to leaking heart valves that needs surgery. He is healthy so I am sure my brother will be fine. I am still worried of course but I am sure things will be ok.

School is going well not great like it should be well. Two of my cars are not working so I am done to one with two drivers. My son locked his transmission in his car so his bad and he gets to take the bus until he gets enough money to fix it from his job. My fiance car needs new brakes and new rotors which I will replace on my own to save money. Oh if things couldnt get worse, I dont have electricity in my room and my son room for some reason either I need to replace the circuit braker or there is a wire in one of rooms that needs to be replaced. I havent figure it out or had the time to do so. I need a day off just to take care of the car and the house. The kids are fine and I am fine.

I am sticking to my diet and excersise routine and I have lost 15 pounds and I am now in a size 14. I was in an 18 so I think if I can keep it up I will be in a 12 by the time I get married or at least I hope. I am attaching me in the wedding dress. Well that is it for me. NEXT

PTO-29412
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
GORGEOUS DRESS!!

I have been busy!! I am moving into a new home this weekend, just opened my own business - I have a Candle Shoppe!! I love the work, smells, etc.!!

Been doing alot with work, PTO, CURE, etc. lately so seems as though I am running in circles alot!!

MrsPhillips
03-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Jonathan

Christy
03-08-2007, 08:01 AM
GORGEOUS DRESS!!

I have been busy!! I am moving into a new home this weekend, just opened my own business - I have a Candle Shoppe!! I love the work, smells, etc.!!

Been doing alot with work, PTO, CURE, etc. lately so seems as though I am running in circles alot!!

Mmmm...candles! I love candles! Are they Yankee candles? Those and Partylite are the best for scent!

PTO-29412
03-08-2007, 07:47 PM
These are Mia Bella - and they are 10 times better in scent

Christy
03-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Really, I have never heard of them, but I will check them out! Where can one get these besides driving to MS to see you and get them? Besides, if I were to drive all the way to MS, I am coming for a makeover too! :)

Ya know, Diva, I am really sad I won't get to come and meet you in person at the CURE thing! I wish I could, but, alas...it's not a doable thing!

PTO-29412
03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
GASP!!!!! NOOOOOO - why can't you not come dear?? You will be missed. I will email you my website

Chances R~~
03-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Well things are good at the ranch. I have all kinds of job openings coming up.......... The boys that came to help as ranch hands leave Monday for Alabama. So that only lasted a week BUT we got lots of stuff done. Thank you God! Also my sales/marketing girl for our online store turned her 2 weeks in. I have another big sale in Indiana next week and once I return home, I will put in extra effort to find replacements for everyone.
Christy.......... Good girl on your diet. Keep up the good work.
KBowen.......it is a beautiful dress and keep working toward that size 12! You can do it!
Jonathon........I want the web address as well.....please.....nothin better than a bubble bath and candles!
I think my girl "Kobe" will be starting a countdown thread for me soon.....I really hope to see you all there. ****{hugs}}}
Happy March to everyone.

pjadam319
03-09-2007, 09:21 AM
I moved out of my granny's on the first and let the guy that my granny's likes better move in. It works out a lot better. I have more time to do my homework, but my grades are still trashed. I have about a month and a half to change that. I have to get them all above a C to keep my scholarship. I hope I can do it.

I got rearended on Tuesday so I have to deal with all that. I hate dealing with insurance companys. At least no one was hurt. I was really freaking out when she hit us because I had my 9 month old neice in the car. But she was okay. She was shaken up a bit. I thought that we would have trouble putting her back into her car seat, but she was fine. She actually fell asleep on the way home.

My birthday is in 11 days!! yeah!!

That's all going on in my life this month.

Christy
03-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Is it me, or is everyone just getting sick of it? By it, I mean everything. The prison system, the lawmakers, work, life? I am so aggrevated by everything these days. It's like, I take one step forward and then it's 2 or 3 back. It gets old. And to top it all off, I am just sick and tired of visiting prison. Not my husband - I love seeing him - but having to do it in a prison. I'm sick of him being in prison, I'm sick of waiting for him to get out and I am sick and tired of dealing with everything that comes with the prison life.

Don't get me wrong, I am not thinking of leaving him, quite the contrary. I love him and would never leave him, but I am having a hard time. I want him out of there and home with me. Everytime I think things will change and there will be a chance, it's not there. Everytime I think that things are getting better with the laws and the politicians are about to pull their heads out of thier collective asses, I am disappointed again.

Why can't anyone but the loved ones in prison see that the laws are unfair? Are we just biased because of our situations? I like to think that I would feel the same way if I was not in the life, but I don't know for sure. I look for sympathy from others and don't get it.

I guess I can understand the way others feel. But what kind of society are we anyway? Just locking people up for long periods of time. I'm not saying that my husband didn't deserve to be punished, he most certainly did and he will agree with me. What he didn't deserve is the long sentence.

Gah, I don't know what is wrong with me today. I'm just feeling like I am spinning my wheels and nothing happens. Nobody will help, nobody will do anything and nobody wants to know about it. The 500 pound gorilla in the room that nobody can see.

I hate this world sometimes. I just want my husband home and all of this behind us. I'm tired of fighting for nothing by myself. I would get farther by beating my ownself over the head with a piece of rebar.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nursecrachit
03-12-2007, 10:05 PM
hey now... simmer down girl.. now take a deep breath. feel better now that you got that out? and you are not alone. many of us feel the same way, tired of going to visiting rooms and having to be scrutinized for every move, tired of making all those decsions my ourselves, tired of lonely nights, tired of it all... we do realize our loved ones may have broken the law but i question if the sentences fit the crimes and i also wondering about this charge for the inmate to pay back an amt when he gets out. the federal gov. reimburses the sate for the inmate, i thought i heard something like 30,000 a inmate, so would this not be double dipping by the state then?? lets just collect from everyone!!!!.. hmmmmm... maybe the state can then pay people who really care about our laws.

Christy
03-13-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm just sick of the complaining and nobody does anything. I'm sick of watching people break rules and get away with it and then watching someone else do it accidently and being in trouble for it. I'm sick of the system, the rules and the bs. I can't suck it up right now, I feel like being crabby about it! :)

I'd love to see more people get involved in trying to get things changed. We are a large voice here in this state and we sit here and do NOTHING! Why don't I hear about anyone complaining to the DOC? Why don't I hear about people complaining to the lawmakers? It's like we are destined to just sit here and take what they give because we are "afraid" of the ramifications. Nothing changes if we sit around and do nothing.

That is what is bothering me.

nestes
03-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Christy- I'm with you but I don't know what to do about it. Everytime I talk to someone I'm either given a pat answer or treated like a moron. I have even gone to talk to lawyers about the court system, they tell me the judges have been on the bench too long, but then nobody runs against them so they are in for another term. If you haven't been thru the court system you have no idea of the corruption and once you have your marked as disgruntled. The prison just keeps getting more overcrowded and what the DOC says does not match up with what is happening on the inside. If I could figure out what soapbox to get on, I would in an instant and my husband is home and I'm still outraged. I hate being pushed into a corner with no way out and thats what I feel about our justice system. It's political, no one wants to appear soft on crime, and the spin they feed, its hard to defeat the laws. Hell, I grew up in the late 60's (tells my age) I'm ready to protest anything. Just need to get organized.

Christy
03-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Nestes, you said what I was unable to say. I meant alot of what you said, but couldn't think of a way to actually get it out! Thank you.

What you said about not knowing until you have been thru things and then being called disgruntled....totally hit it on the head. That is exactly what I talk about when I get going.

I'm getting better since I posted, there have been a couple of things to look forward to, but it's just not enough sometimes. It will get better. I was doing some math and didn't realize that we only have 5.5 years left until his 85% and that really made me feel better. But then at the same time I think that in 5.5 years I will be 42, almost 43! EEEEKKKK!!! That depresses me a bit too.

BUt, I will just keep plugging away and doing what I do and continue to send letters and emails (not much of a caller at all). I do strongly urge all of you that if you are not happy with the way things are going, send letters to your reps and sentators. Express your unhappiness with the direction Missouri is taking. Tell them that you want changes. They can't ignore multiple people...or maybe the can! I am planning on sending a few myself in the coming weeks. If anyone is interested, we can start a thread here with the different committees that affect us and the names of the people on them along with contact information. We can also share our letters and maybe write them in a way for others to get an idea of what to write. It's really important for all of us to be involved becasue our loved ones don't get the opportunity to speak for themselves. We have to speak for them and for the rest that have no families.

IF anyone is interested, please let me know and I will start the research to get the thread going. We don't have much time left in this session, but we have all summer and winter next to get ready!

nestes
03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
You know I'm with you. I also know they ignore one person, They hate any publicity, unless its one of their released articles that shows what a great job the DOC is doing, and I'm not talking about the working poor thats actually working in the prisons, most of them are just trying to make a living. It's the laws (the long sentences) or the way our inmates are treated as if they were cattle, as if there lives don't matter, the inadequate medical treatment, Oh I could go on and on.. but we need more than one person with facts not just gripes and facts are hard to find because everything is covered up. One of the things they cant cover up is the heat in the prisons..

StormChild
03-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Because I'm not only out of the state but out of the country I don't think my complaints or letters will be given a lot of weight by the Powers That Be. I'm on board, though, for emails or anything else you think might help.

I'm also a kick-ass letter writer (I'm an English Language graduate, and writing official letters is what I do in my job), so I'm right here for drafting and re-wording and such.

PM me anytime if you need me to be useful -- I'd be glad of the chance.