View Full Version : NEED HELP!!!Do V.O.'s have to return to county of offense after they get out?

iwantmybabyhome
03-02-2007, 04:44 PM
My man is in for robbery with a gun or deadly weapon and false imprisonment... ok well one of my friends told me today that if he gets his gain time he goes on paper(probation) and he has to return to the county where he caught his charges?!?!? Is there any truth to this??? I have never heard that before but apparently that is what I am being told. PLEASE PLEASE someone lemme know something!

Libby

Jillian
03-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Im not sure, i do think that they have too, but they can try to move to another place, if that is where their home is

mrsdragoness
03-02-2007, 05:28 PM
You need to ask this question in the state forum where he was convicted/is incarcerated in. The crime doesn't matter as much as the way that state handles prisoner paroles, etc.

Jillian
03-05-2007, 02:44 PM
You need to ask this question in the state forum where he was convicted/is incarcerated in. The crime doesn't matter as much as the way that state handles prisoner paroles, etc.

This is true, so while it maybe the way i am saying it , it maybe different in your state.. Its always best to check with those who are famliar with your state laws and policies

neptune08
03-22-2007, 06:17 PM
I can tell you from my researching over the last year, if yall are married, and you live elsewhere from the original county, he should go wherever you live, even if it is in a different state. In that case, its the interstate compact officer you'll need to talk to within the facility he is at currently.

Regardless of where your man will go after he's out, you should definitely talk with his case manager as soon as you can, to verify any paperwork that may need done before his release, to include where he will need to go for his probation.

As always, talk with the case manager anyway before the release. If that particular person doesn't help you, talk to their boss, and so on. Believe me, it helps to be a tad pushy to get whatever you need.

Good luck!

babygirl350
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
It is definitely the best to check with your own state forum on this. In Kentucky they do not have to go back to the same county.

Good luck to you. May you get the answers you are in search of.