View Full Version : Response From Craig Deroche, House Republican Leader

HOPE4FUTURE
02-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Dear ---------

Thank you for your letter regarding House Bills 4262 and 4263, which would enable prisoners, while incearcerated, to use good behavior credits as a means of recalculating their sentence.

Currently House Bill 4262 and 4263 have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee. I am eager to see the final changes that are being made to this legislation before making my decision on this issue. While financially in current form HB 4262 and 4263 make sense, it is imperative that the legislature not jeopardize the safety of the citizens in which it serves.

In regards to increasing taxes on in store goods bought by prisoners, we do not support a tax increase of any kind as these taxes ultimately fall on the loved ones of the inmate. We are looking into more effective alternatives of alleviating the Stae budget situation without increasing taxes.

Ultimately my vote will depend upon what is in the best interest for the State of Michigan. I will be certain to keep your concerns in mind while making my decision. Thank you again for taking the time to contact me and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns

Sincerely,

Craig DeRoche
House Republican Leader

Get those letters, emails, faxes, and phone calls in everybody. His main concern seems to be safety so assure him that the safety won't be jeopardized if the parole board makes good choices.

misshim138
02-25-2007, 10:02 AM
As long as you have the public believing that they are in danger from these so called violent horrible people, no politician will go against them. Why would they? They won't get voted in again to make a whole lot of money for doing nothing.

My anger at all of this is so great that I just don't care what does or does not get done. I have not seen anything change in the past five years I have been dealing with the MDOC and all the crap from the politicians. So why should we bother? Nothing changes.

HOPE4FUTURE
02-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Why would they bother? Because they HAVE to now because of Michigans financial crisis. It's happening right now. I can see that you are very angry and frustrated and I know the feeling as do many others here. Been there, done that! It is changing right now so just hold on!

AngelBoo
03-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Can you post information on how to contact House Rep. Leader Craig DeRoche?
I know I would contact him. As I see it a little time out of my life is nothing if it brings my husband back home to us where he belongs! If you give up hope you have nothing!!! Never give up, if you do your giving up on your loved ones.

HOPE4FUTURE
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Angelboo, Here is the address for Craig DeRoche:
Email craigderoche@house.mi.gov
fax 517-373-5873
phone 517-373-0827

If you really want to get into this than you can go to the thread that dmpdbd put on here that has alot of people to write. It is very convenient because it has all of their email addresses and you can just go right down the list of them. It only takes a minute. I heard back from a few of them. The thread was "2007 Good Times Bills." Please do it because it is our hope as you said in your post.

dmpdbd
03-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Here is the link to the 2007 Good Times Bills thread to make it more convenient.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252576

Please take the time to write and express your views ladies. On a cold windy snowy day, what a productive thing this would be. :thumbsup:

HOPE4FUTURE
03-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks, dmpdbd! Now you know why you guys re so important with all your handy dandy links and news articles you put on here. You put them on and I'll do the emailing. I don't know what we would do without mabear and some of you. You might want to keep running that all the time too because you never know when someone might be in a real writing mood.