View Full Version : Getting copy of Rap sheet from N.Y.

Moleta
02-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Does anyone have an address where I could go to get a copy of my boyfriend's N.Y. rapsheet? Is there a certain procedure I need to follow?:confused:

sligoker
02-12-2007, 11:53 PM
YOu can Google inmate search in New York---enter his name and they will give you information on what he is in prison for, and if applicable, what he was in prison for at an early time. As far as a rap sheet goes, I could the DA's office and ask them how you go about getting a copy.

LADYCEE
02-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Your BF would have to request his rapsheet because they will need his fingerprints. Being that he's in the system already they already have that information... Hope this helps

missvee1014
02-13-2007, 08:04 AM
You can write a letter on his behalf if he's sitll incarcerated This way it'll be free The address is:

REVIEWING YOUR RAP SHEET
If you are currently serving a sentence in a New York State prison or in a county or city jail, you will be sent a copy of your rap sheet free of charge. You must include your name, any aliases, your date of birth, your DIN, and state how long you will be incarcerated. The Division of Criminal Justice Services will not send you your rap sheet if you will be incarcerated for less than 45 days. Send your request to:
State of New York
Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS)
Record Review Unit
4 Tower Place
Albany, New York 122033764
518.485.7675 or 518.457.9847

The Site for more information is:
http://www.nypl.org/branch/services/connections/job_search_prepare.html

There's different kinds of info on job searching, what to do before he gets out while inside, after to get out as well as a template.

What I did was typed a letter for my husband (as it was him), mailed it to the above address and had it certified mail and return reciept. he recieved the reciept within 3-4 day and so i hope that helps. I found that site VERY HELPFUL:thumbsup:

Moleta
02-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Does anyone have an address where I could go to get a copy of my boyfriend's N.Y. rapsheet? Is there a certain procedure I need to follow?:confused:
Thank you!:) Will they still send it to him even though he is now incercerated in N.C.?:confused:

missvee1014
02-14-2007, 08:03 AM
It will be HIS NY Rap SHEEt. If he has crimes in NY only. You would have to find out about NC. I thought you were talking about NY. That's for NY only!

Falconnier
02-14-2007, 08:17 AM
You can write a letter on his behalf if he's sitll incarcerated This way it'll be free The address is:

Umm, not exactly.

She CANNOT do it on his behalf. Only the individual, or the individual's attorney with a signed, notarized authorization, can request a rap sheet.
DCJS doesn't allow requests from other individuals.

F.

missvee1014
02-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Okay well I didn't know. She can still forward him the address and information and he can write it himself. But I think that her significant other is NC so I don't know what those stipulations are. I just got that info for NY. Maybe someone might know the info for NC

Moleta
02-14-2007, 10:31 AM
:) thanx so much for your help! Happy Valentine's Day!