View Full Version : not in bop custody, what does this mean?

annabelle213
02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Really need some info here...why would an inmate's location on bop.gov change from "in transit" to "not in bop custody"? I have a friend who was sentenced to 5 months in sept. '06. Not sure when the surrender date was....tried calling and can't get in touch with her. Can anyone, possibly, tell me where she might be located if not in bop custody. Would they place her somewhere else in the meantime? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Annabelle

KILLINGMESOFTLY
02-12-2007, 07:36 PM
My husband was held at a county jail while he awaited trial. The Bop locator showed him as not in BOP custody at that time.

annabelle213
02-12-2007, 09:35 PM
ok..thanks so much for that. But, my friend is not awaiting any trial. Things that make you go 'mmmm'...not sure. I wonder if she is having to start her sentence in county, rather a prison camp because of bed space? Thanks for responding, Annabelle:o

bellisq
02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
why don't you think she has finished her sentence? Seems like it's been 5 months

SCMom
02-13-2007, 06:06 AM
I know of someone who served their few months at a county jail, which was federally approved (some counties aren't).
But, if the friend did that, it would have a release date.

annabelle213
02-13-2007, 09:57 AM
My friend wasn't showing up on bop.gov until a few weeks ago as "in transit", now it's showing as not in BOP custody. She got an extension for the holidays. I can't get a hold of her mother, and yet, don't know where she could be. Thanks!

Libraman
02-13-2007, 10:04 AM
She would be listed as not in BOP custody if she is in any non-Federal facility.This includes county, state if there are concurrent sentences, etc.