View Full Version : Solano Prison Friday Visits & Count

Sunflower76
02-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I was able to visit last Friday, & wanted to give you all a heads-up. I visit on "A" side, the one you take the bus to, & this was our experience. Your man MUST be in the building where they get processed just before they enter the visiting room with his ID in the CO's hand by 3:30pm, or he has to wait til count clears after 5pm. If he gets there after 3:30, you have to wait, too. You can't leave once you're through that gate.

This means you need to get to your first processing point early enough that they have time to call over for him. I got there @ 2:40pm, & they were moving soooo slowly. He got called by 3:15 though, & I hear a half hour is about how long it usually takes them to call anyway. He barely made it into the processing room in time. The guys that came in after him were refused. They had to stay, but because their ID's weren't in the CO's hand, they didn't get processed til after count cleared @ 5pm.

Most of us have to plan so carefully for our visits, & I'd hate too see your time slip away, with you on one side of the door & your man on the other!

Face2Face
02-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Thank you sweets for your thoughtfulness....I usally only go up now for our family visits...but I will def keep that info in mind.....:thumbsup:

Have an AWESOME day!

Face

sxycali209
02-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks Sunshine- I'm going up to CSP Solano for the first time this Friday the 23 of Feb. Dont know what to expect- kind of scared. I'm coming from Los Banos. It will be a 2 hour ride.That time should I accually be there to get in on time. I heard that you should be there at least 1 hour before visiting starts. Anymore info would be so helpful.

Sunflower76
02-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I know you can be on the prison grounds at 11:45am on Fridays, but I have no idea if people get there before that. The first time I went on Fri. I got there at 2:00pm (when he gets off work) & walked right in, then right onto the bus. He was expecting me & came out maybe 15 minutes after I got to the visiting room. The 2nd Fri. I got there at 2:40pm & I didn't make it in to process through the first stop til 3-ish. They called him @ 3:15 & he barely made it into the processing room by 3:30 (count).

So...I guess if I were gonna try to make it for every second of visiting that I could, I would get there at 11:45am. I don't know how crowded it is then though. Since he doesn't get off work til 2pm, I guess I kind of miss the rush, you know?

Do you know what yard he's on?

sxycali209
02-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks Sunflower76- Any info I can get will help so much- I'm really not to sure what yard he's on- the forward address says yard 1.4.225L. does that state what yard? Let me know.
Thanks again.

Sunflower76
02-20-2007, 04:46 PM
That sounds like maybe he's in bldg. 1? Which would be yard 1, I think...

lovedbyNJ
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Another heads up for friday visiting because a lot of things have changed since it started. Now, there are more visitors than ever visiting on Fridays, so be sure and come by 1:45 latest to be completely sure. Last Fri the computers were down for a whole and at 1:40 they were only on number 45. People visiting inmates on the level 2 side should really be there early because they must take a bus to the other side.

William'sBaby
04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
And this past Friday, count didn't clear until 6pm! I had just gotten there, but there was one woman who I talked to who had been waiting the whole 2 1/2 hours for her husband to come out.

William'sBaby:heart: