View Full Version : We went to Hutchins today. - Texas State Jail

Phil'sDelilah
01-28-2007, 09:34 PM
We got our first visit today since 12/23/06!
Since he got moved right before we were to get a visit we didn't know if we would get one. But I called Friday and they said yes.
So myself, and my guys oldest daughter went to see him today. It was so good to see him. He looked better than I've seen him look in a while. He says Hutchins isn't any different than Gurney where he was. It's all jail. It all sucks. He's ready to come home. I can't wait till next weekend.
I hope all stays good so we can go.
There is hope looming in the distance for my man to be home with us.

Kay
01-29-2007, 07:34 AM
I'm glad you had a great visit!! I hope he is home soon! Katy

Pancakes
01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
I've never done this before, so I hope I get it right. I am curious about Hutchins because my guy got moved there from Gurney Sunday night. I just got a letter today and that was all he said. I looked it up in the unit directory and it's listed as a State Jail. I'm a lil confused because he is TDC not State. Any ideas?

Phil'sDelilah
01-31-2007, 02:27 PM
They are housing TDCJ offenders and they are also a transfer unit. I'm supposed to be going again this weekend. But I'm not sure what all is going on either. I have gotten no mail since monday. I thought maybe someone here knew something about lockdown status.
I do know that Phillip says that being there is going to be harder because it is a state jail. If something happens and you catch a case, it is an automatic one year set off.ONly if you are TDCJ. State jail people get solitary for 30 days and release date stays the same. Not that he is a trouble maker or anything, but strange things can happen.

lil mama bear
07-01-2007, 05:07 PM
this is my first time using this i just registered so i hope this works right. but to answer you question about lockdown i learned a lot from the forum of tdcj lockdown status. you should read it very insightful. but my husband has told me that they last a few days or a week this is his first and so he is going on what he has been told by others and guards. but its basically just a search of them and their stuff, to get rid of contraband and anything unnecessary. no worries!! just make sure he has his name and # on all of his stuff letters, envelopes, paper pads, pics, mags, books, stamps i heard also. hope that helps.

Phil'sDelilah
07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
thanks for the info, but i've kind of learned my way around the system since that was posted. TDCJ isn't all that scary anymore! but thanks for the interest!