View Full Version : Questions about Bryan Texas FPC

reggie0621
01-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I am self surrendering at the Bryan Texas facility in about a week, and I was wondering if anyone had been there recently, or ever at all. I am just curious about what to expect. I have never been in any place like this before, so this is all so very new to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

texasgarry
01-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi, I just got released from Bryan in July of 06. I went to the halfway house then finally home in Sept 06. Bryan was okay. I worked in the Education Dept and had great roommates. I too had never been incarcerated before so I did go through a period of adjustment. I can honestly say that it could have been alot worse. If you have some specific questions, I can give you my take on them. Keep your head up, because it really will come and go quicker than you think.

sandra8376
01-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Check over in the fed forum...there are several people there who have either been to Bryan or who have loved ones there. They'll be happy to answer your questions.

krummy
01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey Reggie, My name is Ken; I just dropped my wife off at Bryan on the 23rd of Jan. They gave her one phone call the next day to call family and let them know she was ok. Then they gotr her phone system set up so she could use the phones on Monday the 29th. She said the first week was pretty depressing because when you are the new one; no one wants to talk to you. But once they get to you know a little they open up some. She seemed quite alright and was actually talking about how easy it was. She said they have their little rules and regs you must follow but the worse part of it all was just the being away from home.