View Full Version : Parole Question

lisaf
01-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Does everyone get different stipulations in regards to parole. Does it depend on clasification??? How do they determine living situations, etc. Halfway House??? Whether they move back with family??? I know I have a year to go. However, I am just curious as to what really will happen when hubby is up for it in Jan. 2008? Any insight would be helpful.

SunnyChick
01-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi Lisa,

My guy is a lifer, so I've never paid much attention to parole issues. However, my impression is that the majority of guys who go up for parole are denied, at least the first time they see the Board -- I don't know what the percentages are, but I'd say that well more than half are denied.

As far as stipulations -- I believe that some are standard (no association with felons, for example), and that others are relative to the original offense (continued participation in AA, for example, if alcohol was an element of the original offense). You can probably get some ideas and information from reading the threads that others posted before yours -- those below your thread.

I can understand that you'd like some clear answers, but I'm not sure if there are very many, especially since we have a new political administration that's about to inaugurated. I think there may be other members in our Forum who can give you better answers than I have. Maybe they'll weigh in and add to or correct what I've said. But read the threads underneath yours. Good luck. SunnyChick

shiva65
01-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Lisa,
Maybe .. in your husbands case he can just do "his time" and wrap up with out parole... if that was the case , he could just come home... if you are legally married.. and there is no domestics.. (in the court system)>>
than he should be able to live in your home.. if he has has some "issues" he may be required to do some "work" as in providing urines, paying court costs... , attending classe's etc..

it will all work out.. you both are in for a short time.. (i know it doesnt seem that way)>> but it could work , out quicker than you think...
most guys get stuck... inside longer if they have no discharge plan ..
especially at middleton for some reason.............

lisaf
01-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Shiva, thanks for the info/input. Greatly appreciated. If he has no parole his time is 1 1/2 years.

imissmyhubby35
04-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Can a inmate be paroled to another state, if he know longer lives in the state that he's doing time in? Thanks for any info.

SunnyChick
04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I've seen it happen, but my impression is that it can get complicated. Both states have to approve (there are interstate agreements involved), and there's all sorts of paperwork, but if it works best for your guy it's worth trying to arrange it. The worst they can say is "no," and then you're no worse off than before. Good luck, SunnyChick

emmjay
05-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know how many of the parole board members attend an inmate's parole hearing when it's scheduled, and how that number is determined? I'm hearing of inmates going before one, two, three or four people for their hearings, with no explanation of why that particular number. I also understand the decision is made before the actual hearing; is this true? Does the entire board review the material beforehand or just a couple of them? As usual with this crazy system, absolutely zero available information!

shiva65
06-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I ll have to ask around.. maybe it is suppose to be 4 always.. but with all the "sick time " and what ever.. im not soo sure what to think/say on the decision before .. hearing.. but probably!

your right.. about the system....

tinatex
06-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Three I believe except for a parole violation hearing then you get a 1 person meeting after being in for 15 days and if they can't figure out what to do with them then its a 3 person after 45 more days. But originally its 3 people

emmjay
06-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the info; it is 3 people. Do you (or anyone else who has experienced this process) know how much influence the institutional parole officer has, the one who does the initial intake/interview before the inmate goes before the board? Is it typical that they overlook all the positive potential, all the letters of recommendation, all the good stuff, and just focus and grill the inmate on the original crime? What exactly do they want to hear that will tip them toward a positive decision?