View Full Version : where to send filled out visiting questionnaire

ecm
01-14-2007, 05:30 PM
This is for an R.J. Donovan reception inmate:
My mother-inlaw isn't sure where to send the visiting form back to in order to get approved. She assumed that she send it back to him, but I question that.
I haven't gotten mine yet, so I don't know what to tell her.
Is it a special P.O. Box, Attn: Visiting Approval? I'm not sure. Any help appriciated.
Thank you, thank you!

cadustin
01-14-2007, 09:10 PM
If you send it back to him it should be taken out of the letter you send. You can also send it attn visiting sgt at the same po box. I sent it directly to my husband with a letter to him telling him I sent it and visiting got it because I was approved about a month later.

ecm
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
thanks, cadustin, you always know what's up :)

cadustin
01-15-2007, 12:05 AM
No problem... I don't know if that is so good to know what's up. :p I honestly wish I didn't. Make sure he signed the form!!

thanks, cadustin, you always know what's up :)

ecm
01-28-2007, 02:50 PM
So, our visiting forms got sent back to us, because they're supposed to be sent to a special P.O. box. No where on the form does it say where to send it back to! I suppose they're always changing things.
What a process!

Filled out visiting forms have to be sent to:
Visiting Department
P.O. Box 799006
San Diego, CA 92179

cadustin
01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry ecm!! They do what they can to make it as difficult as possible! There was no reason to send them back, all they have to do is give them to the visiting sgt. So, what they did was totally wrong!! I would call the visiting sgt and let him know what happened. You know, I found out something else too... if you do not have a record, it takes 1 day, yes, 1 day for them to get the report back from DOJ!! So, they could actually approve you in 1 day!! Also, if you do have a past record, any arrests or whatever, it only takes 3 days!!!!!!! So, no matter what, in less than a week they can have your answer. This information came to me directly from a CDC visiting sgt where my husband is at now. He used to work at Donovan and said that they get on the average 100 visiting forms a day and only 2 people to work it, so that is what takes so long, not the information!! Again, I am sorry for the info I gave, that is what I did and was approved at Donovan, so I am guessing they changed the rules. I think we need to post this address in the visiting forum for everyone to see.

So, our visiting forms got sent back to us, because they're supposed to be sent to a special P.O. box. No where on the form does it say where to send it back to! I suppose they're always changing things.
What a process!

Filled out visiting forms have to be sent to:
Visiting Department
P.O. Box 799006
San Diego, CA 92179

ecm
01-28-2007, 07:38 PM
It's not your fault! I hope I can get my hands on my form, or another one soon! It takes such awhile to get things returned.
They gave my husband a notice that they sent my form back to me, because I sent it to the wrong address. But, They gave his mother's back to him to send back to her. So weird.