View Full Version : Can someone tell me what the "out date" means?

mbtb6282
01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
my son's father has been in harris county jail since Nov 17--he went to court today...i don't know the outcome yet but on the harris county website he now has an "up date" and an "out date" of Jan 23...can someone tell me what this means?
thanks

waiting_on_him_
01-10-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm not from Texas but in Florida an Out Date is the same as a release date.

mbtb6282
01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
i figured thats what it meant i just dont know what an "up date" is? I can't believe he might get out that soon...he got an evading arrest w/motor vehicle charge ...this was his original charge 2003...he violated probation with an assault charge...i would have thought he'd get more time...we are not close...and it's not that im not glad he's getting out...he's so far behind on child support now...what do you think will happen because of that?

txsfmhstn
01-11-2007, 06:57 AM
First off welcome to PTO. I have never seen that on the Harris County site. Did he have a motion to revoke his probation and the new charge? If so is one of those gone now? You can always call down to the county and try to get to talk to someone on the phone. They might be able to tell you what that means "up date", I have seen them put that the information was updated at whatever time they last posted new information. Are you talking about that?

RobinsMan
01-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Yeh, I just got through looking at the two Harris County pages I know to look for offener info (public info and offense inquiry) and I find no dates descibed like that. Only dates are on the offense inquiry and those are the release date and the next set time for a court date. So I'm curious about where you are looking up info. What is the web site?

mbtb6282
01-11-2007, 12:06 PM
the website is hcso.hctx.net click on inmate information....then after it finds them it tells you what their charges are ....what their bond is...there is a line right under where it tells you what jail their in that say

UP DATE01/23/2007OUT DATE01/23/2007
If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

that is from the website under his name....i dont know if there was a motion to revoke his probation....its weird...it says he got booked in Nov 17....then his assault charge booking date is Dec 6...but it says "OOC" under which court he would be in....

mbtb6282
01-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Results:PLD TRU S/MRP

can anyone tell me what that means?????? i found it on the offender web site...its the results of his court date....

RobinsMan
01-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that MRP stands for Motion to Revoke Probation. I can hazard a guess on some others. PLD sounds like short for PLEAD.
When you go before the judge in a hearing to revoke probation you are asked to answer TRUE or FALSE to each reason that the state listed in their motion to revoke. The TRU looks a lot like a shortened TRUE.
I'm afraid that the S might stand for SUSTAINED.

My WAG at what it means is Plead TRUE and Motion to Revoke Probation was Sustained. I can tell you that my cousin recently had his probation revoked in Harris Co. and that is exactly what it says on his information page.

mbtb6282
01-11-2007, 03:23 PM
i dont know how long his probation was set for in 2003...but it was for a state jail felony...evading arrest w/a motor vehicle...im still confused about the "out date" of 1/23/2007 on the harris cnty website though...do the courts generally make you serve out the rest of your probation time? does he serve that time in TDC or in county jail?

RobinsMan
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
It depends on the crime for ehich he was on probation for. If it was for a state jail felony then he will go to a state jail as a confine. If it was a TDCJ felony then he will go to TDCJ. If he was on probation for a misdemeanor then he will spend his time in county jail. OK, duh! you said state jail felony. Of course, just because he ha his probation revoke doesn't mean that he will get he is going to be locked up. It all depends on what the judge decided on for a sentence. The judge could give the guy 30 days in county and then back on probation if he wants. I think that guessing is useless. Why don't you write to him and ask what happend? You could probably even call the court and get the information since it should all be public information.

By the way, we are looking at the same search site and I still find nothing labled as an "out date". I see a release date on the "Offense Inquiry Results" page.