View Full Version : Claiborne Parish Detention Center

cajnmaiden
12-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi, Does anyone have any info on Claiborne Parish Detention Center in Homer, Louisiana? :confused: My brother was transferred there December 12th and none of us has heard from him since he was moved! He called my Step Mom just before they moved him to tell her he was being moved. Of course, he had no idea where and no idea why. He doesn't know it but his daughter in law had called Catahoula (where he was) to get some information and they told her he wasn't there anymore. She called my Mom and Mother called Catahoula. The lady there told her where he'd been moved to. She said that they had gotten some more guys in there and had to move some out and it was just a random selection. We really hated it for him because he really liked it at Catahoula (in Harrisonburg, Louisiana) It has now been 5 days and nobody has heard from him which is very unusual! My Mom and I have both called Claiborne Parish Detention to get info and we know he is there and they told Mother that hs is not in the infirmary so we have no idea why he hasn't called someone to let us know he is ok! I would appreciate any info that anyone has on the place. Thanks in advance! We are really concerned.:slap:

DoingTimeinLove
12-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Maybe try finding out what collect calling provider they use. You could possibly have a block on your phone and he may not be able to call.

cajnmaiden
01-21-2007, 06:50 PM
For some reason the calling process is different at Claiborne Parish Correctional than it was at Catahoula. We finally heard from my brother and he said that head really been able to call all the time but just didn't know the procedure was different there. My Mom, Step Mom and I went to visit Dec 23rd. Last weekend was visitation but his son and his family went and since they hadn't seen him since he left Shreveport we decided to let them go alone so they would have more time to visit with him without his trying to visit with us too. My nephew is rarely off on weekends and we can go anytime. The Claiborne Parish facility is owned by the same people that own Catahoula Correctional. Things run pretty much the same way at both places, although my brother says that Catahoula is much more organized. He seems pretty content and is getting along fine so far. He was hoping he would qualify for work release but said from what he'd been told he couldn't because of his charges (drug possession with intent) but that a guy there was helping him to get the paperwork he needs to apply to be a trustee. Mother has arranged for him to get our local newspaper every day so he can keep up with things at home and I sent him subscriptions to some hunting and fishing magazines and National Geographic for Christmas. Seems he has become an avid reader since he's been there. Not much else to do I suppose. They sometimes have classes there if they have inmates that know enough about a subject to teach. There are computer classes, welding classes, thing like that. I was talking to one of the guards and he told me that sometimes they have inmates that are knowledgeable enough in some subjects to teach the classes. My brother said he would like to take a computer class if they offer one. I'm hoping he can do that 'cause I know it would help him later.

Checkster
01-30-2009, 07:52 AM
a buddy of mine just got on work release at caddo.he had drugs with intent and got in it. they said they was having a hard time finding jobs so he found his own job and he got put in the work release. you mite want to give them a try.

Debbiehks
03-21-2009, 09:32 PM
My brother has been in Claiborne Parrish Detention Center since Feb. 4th and it too was for drugs. I know he put himself in there but that place needs to be checked into by someone. I wish you could find any two people that can tell you the same story. One week we are told he can have a visitor, the next week we show first thing Sat. morning to see him and we're told he can't have a visitor. So the next week we go for a visit on Sat afternoon and get turned away just to have my Mom call and they lady said "Oh yes you can. Were are you now?" So I tell her that it was my daughter and she was back in Homer now. The lady puts me on hold and another lady comes on the phone and says no she can't see my brother!!! My brother has money sent every week to him and he is still using the same under wear and 1 pair of socks that he came in with since they want get any in the commissary!!!! The warden acknowledged that today in my presences!! That is just wrong. I know my brother put himself there, but he should at least have more than one dang pair of underwear...come on people!!! Oh well, I had to vent..

B1manager
12-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Debbie,
I am a friend of Ricky's. I have not seen him or heard from him since I left CPDC. Me and him got to be good friends, He is a really cool guy when ya get to know him. I know he sure worried about how much he had dissapointed you and all his friends and family when that happened but, we all make mistakes! Just some do not get caught. Anyhow if ya talk to Ricky tell him Monty was asking about him..My tel # is (phone # removed as per PTO Policy) I am living in Seattle right now.

Take care and Merry Christmas, Monty Cox

mbarrios
08-30-2010, 12:17 AM
my brother is there give me your brothers name and i will get him to ask aroundHi, Does anyone have any info on Claiborne Parish Detention Center in Homer, Louisiana? :confused: My brother was transferred there December 12th and none of us has heard from him since he was moved! He called my Step Mom just before they moved him to tell her he was being moved. Of course, he had no idea where and no idea why. He doesn't know it but his daughter in law had called Catahoula (where he was) to get some information and they told her he wasn't there anymore. She called my Mom and Mother called Catahoula. The lady there told her where he'd been moved to. She said that they had gotten some more guys in there and had to move some out and it was just a random selection. We really hated it for him because he really liked it at Catahoula (in Harrisonburg, Louisiana) It has now been 5 days and nobody has heard from him which is very unusual! My Mom and I have both called Claiborne Parish Detention to get info and we know he is there and they told Mother that hs is not in the infirmary so we have no idea why he hasn't called someone to let us know he is ok! I would appreciate any info that anyone has on the place. Thanks in advance! We are really concerned.:slap:

jessesgirl<3
08-23-2011, 12:08 AM
my brother was also moved from catahoula to claiborne. for some reason we have a block on our phone and he cant call.

boogs318
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
was there in 2005. as far as jails go it was not as bad as others. was transfered from union parish and it was a lot better place. the food is not very good, but if you have a little money u can order off of the iwc card system at night and get good food for a great price. you also have to pretty much survive out of the cantene store.the warden from union transfered there a couple years ago and he is one of the most evil men i have ever met. he has a crazy look in his eyes. At union detention center, he was famous for handcuffing and shackling inmates and beating them after doing this...a real coward.

LSUMeMex6
11-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi, my son was very unexpectedly transferred there last Thursday, Nov. 15th, from LaSalle Correction Ctr in Olla. We haven't heard from him either. I plan on calling the prison today to see what the heck is going on. He was in Harrisonburg about 2 years ago and it was a good place, but he loved it in Olla. We live in Baton Rouge, La. and now he's two hours further away. I am just sick, but angry. If you find out any information please post here again. Thanks

Hi, Does anyone have any info on Claiborne Parish Detention Center in Homer, Louisiana? :confused: My brother was transferred there December 12th and none of us has heard from him since he was moved! He called my Step Mom just before they moved him to tell her he was being moved. Of course, he had no idea where and no idea why. He doesn't know it but his daughter in law had called Catahoula (where he was) to get some information and they told her he wasn't there anymore. She called my Mom and Mother called Catahoula. The lady there told her where he'd been moved to. She said that they had gotten some more guys in there and had to move some out and it was just a random selection. We really hated it for him because he really liked it at Catahoula (in Harrisonburg, Louisiana) It has now been 5 days and nobody has heard from him which is very unusual! My Mom and I have both called Claiborne Parish Detention to get info and we know he is there and they told Mother that hs is not in the infirmary so we have no idea why he hasn't called someone to let us know he is ok! I would appreciate any info that anyone has on the place. Thanks in advance! We are really concerned.:slap:

LSUMeMex6
11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
my brother is there give me your brothers name and i will get him to ask around My son was supposedly transferred last Thursday. Christopher Francis transferred from LaSalle CC in Olla. What service does one use for phone calls?

LSUMeMex6
11-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey, I just spoke with a guard at Claiborne CC. My son is there. To set up an account to talk to him you have to go thru I.C. Solutions 888-888-8413. You will need is inmate #, which they can give you if you call them at 318-927-4201. You can visit without being on a list for the first 30 days they are there. Visitation is both Saturday and Sunday 8-10am and 1-3:00 pm. The person I spoke with was very pleasant. She also told me that to get someone moved closer to home, a letter written to the Warden with the reason is how to try. Hope this helps someone. Please let me know when you get to talk to him. Good luck. Thanks Deb

jchampagne
12-05-2012, 05:01 PM
My brother was moved to Claiborne in November. We live 5 hours away and don't get to speak to him on the phone. Can anyone tell me if I can mail him clothes, stamps, etc? I would like to let him know that I am thinking of him.