View Full Version : Questions on Folsom Ranch

edsbaby
12-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Anyone know where I can get info about the Folsom Ranch?? Thanks!!

Lovingmyhubby07
12-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi there... I don't know much bout Folsom Ranch but my husband is in Old folsom... If you need any more info, feel free to PM me... :)

angelica916
12-17-2006, 01:09 PM
I didnt even know they had a ranch at Folsom.

Lovingmyhubby07
12-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I didnt even know they had a ranch at Folsom.

Yes Folsom State Prison does have ranch an firecamp...

angelica916
12-17-2006, 06:56 PM
I learned something new. I always thought it was just Old Folsom and the new. Good to know.

CHONAB
12-18-2006, 04:13 PM
I Don't Know Much About The Ranch But My Hubby Is In Old Folsom, And I Know That You Don't Have To Wait In Line Like The Rest Of Us... You Just Show Up And Sign In Then They Call Your Name And Take U Up In The Van....

sweettness
01-12-2007, 02:26 PM
is it the same address adn what about visiting ,,,,,,,,,,,,, thank you hope to hear about info and talk to some one soon

JMMsBabyDoll
12-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey Ladies...

I have been searching through this forum, and haven't found any really detailed information about visiting at the ranch? Someone posted a little bit of info, but has anyone actually visited there, and if so can you fill me in? I have never visited at any prison, only jail and my BF was just mainlined at the ranch at Old Folsom so I'm lost about everything and pretty nervous!!! Any info would be great, thank you so much and Happy New Year everyone!

"Z's"-Wifey
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey Ladies...

I have been searching through this forum, and haven't found any really detailed information about visiting at the ranch? Someone posted a little bit of info, but has anyone actually visited there, and if so can you fill me in? I have never visited at any prison, only jail and my BF was just mainlined at the ranch at Old Folsom so I'm lost about everything and pretty nervous!!! Any info would be great, thank you so much and Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome to Folsom JMMsBabyDoll!

Sorry, I dont have much information about visiting the ranch and unfortunately I dont know anyone who visits there either. I think the visiting colors and rules are the same, only the processing is slightly different, as far as waiting for a number and how to check in. Why dont you call the visiting line and just ask them if the rules for the ranch are the same as old folsom, if so, I would be happy to fill you in. Good Luck.

JMMsBabyDoll
01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Welcome to Folsom JMMsBabyDoll!

Sorry, I dont have much information about visiting the ranch and unfortunately I dont know anyone who visits there either. I think the visiting colors and rules are the same, only the processing is slightly different, as far as waiting for a number and how to check in. Why dont you call the visiting line and just ask them if the rules for the ranch are the same as old folsom, if so, I would be happy to fill you in. Good Luck.

Thank you so much for your response... what is the visiting line #? That is a good idea. I think the earliest I would be visiting is in a couple weeks, so I got some time to figure it all out. I'm just so nervous about what time to get there and what to wear and stuff and just what's its like since the only way i've visited him before is through that glass at jail, which is so different! And also I don't have a home phone so all we have are letters :(.

"Z's"-Wifey
01-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Thank you so much for your response... what is the visiting line #? That is a good idea. I think the earliest I would be visiting is in a couple weeks, so I got some time to figure it all out. I'm just so nervous about what time to get there and what to wear and stuff and just what's its like since the only way i've visited him before is through that glass at jail, which is so different! And also I don't have a home phone so all we have are letters :(.

The visiting line # is 916-985-2561 (press #2).

Visiting at the ranch on Saturday and Sunday's start at the same time as Old Folsom. Just find out if you have visits on Fridays. You will be one of the lucky ones, you dont have to race there like us Old Folsom ladies for a number. Just make sure you are there before 7am on either days. The CO will come out and call out numbers for Old Folsom and all visitors for Ranch (you) and FTTF. If you cant get there by 7am, keep in mind they call come out every 30 minutes. Once you get inside, Ranch visitors are processed first, so you just form a line (there will be roughly about 20 other ladies, so just line up behind them). After that you just wait for your inmates last name to be called out. (Approx 7:15am to 7:30am). Once your name is called, you walk up to the officer who called your name, present your ID and remove your jacket, shoes and anything that will set off the metal detector. Once you clear the detector, you go outside where a van will be waiting to take you up. From what I heard, the ranch is the place to be, the visits are really laid back and you seem to get away with a lot more. (e.g. kissing/hugging). Make sure you also ask them if you are allowed to take photos at the ranch and how much money your allowed to take for the vending machines.

JMMsBabyDoll
01-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey Ladies...

If any one has any questions about visiting at the ranch, I have been now so I can fill you in!!! Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the lowdown... but let me just say this... it's GOOD :)

Ducky.Larson.13
01-23-2009, 04:45 AM
do you have any info on visiting FTTF isn't it kinda the same as Ranch or no?

JMMsBabyDoll
01-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I know that it's the same for FTTF as far as you don't need a number, you go to the head of the line which is great! :) Besides that I'm not sure what happends after registration, sorry!
do you have any info on visiting FTTF isn't it kinda the same as Ranch or no?

BlackMist
03-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Ladies...

If any one has any questions about visiting at the ranch, I have been now so I can fill you in!!! Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the lowdown... but let me just say this... it's GOOD :)

Hello JmmsBabydoll,

Any info you can give would be fantastic. i'll be going in the next week and it's my first time.

JMMsBabyDoll
03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Check out all the info from Z's Wifey all about the processing. Basically, you get to skip the whole line and go ahead to be processed, you don't get a number, they come out every half hour starting at 7am, and they'll say "camp or fttf" and you just go right on in (and avoid all the dirty looks from the poor ladies who have to wait and wait and wait).... you fill out a white slip and they process you immediately, then put you through the metal detector, then after processing they take you in a van up to the camp (just about a 1/2 mile away). The visiting area is huge, nice park-like area with trees and benches and stuff. When you're outside you can get away with anything you want, there is no CO's out there. No cameras or anything. Me and my man pretty much get it on the whole time :). When you're inside there is one CO but he pretty much watches TV the whole time and sooooo nice. You can take pictures, they come out nice and also bring money for vending machines for food/sodas. Visiting ends at 1:30pm. Let me know if you have absolutely any other questions!

Hello JmmsBabydoll,

Any info you can give would be fantastic. i'll be going in the next week and it's my first time.

fettersgirl
04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
deckard

nicross
04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
I have been visiting my husband at the camp at Old Folsom since last Sept. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have!

cclaws03
09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
My boyfriend is at the ranch at old folsom. I was wondering do they have friday visitation? Is there a number I should call to find out? Thank You for any help you might be able to offer.:idea:

D4C
09-30-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is no more Friday visiting at any prison in California.

MrsMoran916
10-01-2009, 09:50 AM
No Friday visiting anymore :( sorry

ihop_707
08-24-2010, 05:17 PM
This is my first time going threw all this my husband just got transfer from S.Q to FSP and is going to be house at the "Ranch" Can anybody help me out and let me know how visiting works

Tepee
08-26-2010, 05:15 PM
This is my first time going threw all this my husband just got transfer from S.Q to FSP and is going to be house at the "Ranch" Can anybody help me out and let me know how visiting works

I don't visit at the "Ranch" but the way that visiting works is that visiting processing for the "Ranch" starts at 7am you go to the door and wait for the officer to call "Camp" and you get a slip from them and go inside, fill out your slip and line up at the "Camp" window and wait for the the next C/O to call your name. At that point you go through the metal detector (take off your shoes, belt and any jewlery that will set it off) and then you sit back down and wait for everyone in your group to go through. Then you get in a van and head over from that point I haven't a clue but that is the jist of the actual processing...

Oh and if you don't get there at 7am they (the C/O's) open the door about every half hour and the steps are the same from there but they do stop processing the "Ranch/Camp" at 12:30pm...

I hope that helps... Good luck!!!

lolafabulosa
08-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Tepee basically covered it! After we get in the van its a short drive to camp. Once you get out of the van you picc a spot to sit and wait for your loved one! Have a good visit!

I should be going Saturday if they don't get put on locc down. I'll be there early. I'll be carrying a car seat! Say hello!

Harv*sGirl
08-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Also, depending on how recently he transferred, first he will go to "fish row" for about 10-14 days, then he will be housed in the main part of FSP, (behind the wall) and then after they get all his classification/clearances etc., they will move him out to camp. Depending on his history this could take a while. My ex-husband has an old c-file they had to get out of archive to make sure there was nothing under his old number that would keep him from going there. He has been there for at least a couple months now waiting to go from behind the wall to the camp.