View Full Version : Limits on incoming mail??

24jf
12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of pieces of mail an inmate can receive in one day??

My man is turning 40 in January and I was going to send him 40 cards. His aunt and some of my friends thought it would be neat if they were all mailed the same day... what do you all think??

scaredinlove
12-05-2006, 08:14 AM
I think its a wonderful idea. I have never heard that there is a limit of which you can send. I know my husband said that there is a limit of how many items they can have in their room with magazine and books, and he also send me back my letters to keep for him once a month. He said he wish he can keep them all with him but there is limited space allowed. I am sure the other ladies on here might know more than me.

NotSoPatiently
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
I think it is a great idea but I don't think they would give them to him all at once, maybe even return some of them to you or lose some of them (accidentally of course). As already stated they have limited room to keep things and usually they have to throw away mail or return it home once it really starts stacking up. I remember reading a statement somewhere about "a reasonable amount of mail". And last but not least, the mailroom people coule really turn into creeps if they had to open 40 bday cards to 1 person from 1 person all in the same day.

cologal
12-05-2006, 08:49 PM
https://exdoc.state.co.us/secure/combo/weblets/index.php/regulations/home

A.R. 300-38 Sect IV #2

no limit

24jf
12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Thank you all for your input and help!! :grouphug:

galgrif
12-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey guys...just thought that I would let you know that i have done this the last 2 birthdays, and he has received all of the cards on the same day. (25 and 26 this year)

24jf
12-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Thank you Barb.. I'm sure all 40 won't arrive on the same day for me with the holiday mail and the distance it's bound to get messed up somewhere along the way haha...

galgrif
12-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Do it anyway!

I wasnt going to do it this year, I thought, well, I have already done that, I need to come up with something new! As his birthday approached, and we were talking about him getting the game boy for his birthday, he mentioned to me how receiving all those cards made him feel. I told him, well, yeah, that was last year....I am not doing that this year..ya know....
Well, I did it anyway...and he loved it all over again!
This was my sons second birthday inside, and I hope his last!

BTW, the gameboy is a huge hit with him...but the inmate has to buy it off of the commissary, you cannot send it to him. And, just like at home, games are extra!

NotSoPatiently
12-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Heck yeah do it anyway. I think it would be awsome if they do all show up the same day as long a there is not some self richious person in the mailroom that decides not to deliver them.. HECK YEAH DO IT!!!!!