View Full Version : If offense for parole violation is against me, can I visit?

jenjenb07
11-28-2006, 02:06 PM
My husband is being sent back to prison on a parole violation. He was charged with domestic violence against me, but it hasn't gone to court yet. The police in the area we live in were just waiting to get him on anything. A "so called" friend of mine called the police and told them things that weren't true. They immediately arrested him, and already sent him back to prison. My question is, if he is convicted of domestic violence against me, will I be able to visit him in prison. His original prison term was for a DUI, and he was paroled. Even though I plan to go to court and explain to the judge that he didn't commit the acts against me that were told to the police, it seems as if they already convicted him.

Lions Heart
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't know for sure but I think whether or not you can visit him is dependent upon what the judge says. I hope for the best!! Have you talked to his PO already and explained the situation? I wonder why they violated him and sent him back to prison so quickly. I hope for the best!!

jenjenb07
11-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I talked to his P.O. She doesn't believe me that is was all a misunderstanding. She was reading off a the police report, and everything that she said was incorrect. So, I called the Chief of Police for the department that made the report, and he said he didn't understand why she(the PO) would be telling me the things that she is reading. So, I explained to him, that because of his Officer's writing an incorrect report, my husband is going back to prison. He offered any help that he could. I called the PO back, and told her that, and she told me, "well, he is already going back to prison". What is it with this people; do they get good merits or something from their supervisors for sending a parolee back to prison? I even asked her (the PO)what happens if he is not convicted of anything. She replied, telling me that it is now up to the parole board???? Doesn't make sense to me

Alumni
11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Wasn't there a violation hearing?

Lions Heart
11-29-2006, 08:03 AM
It sounds like he has been locked up and is waiting for the violation hearing. I hope it all works out. Continue to advocate and get your story out there. Good Luck!

Nine
12-01-2006, 10:21 AM
I think there is a chance you might be able to visit. About three years ago I was in the final stages of a divorce when a friend of mine ( whom I had known since I was 13) and Istarted going places together. My (soon to be) exhusband got mad and placed a restraining order on my behalf saying that my friend had been harrassing his wife and children. My friend was on parole at the time and nearing completion and was told that if he had any contact with me what so ever he would return to prison for a parole violation. ( the parole officer put a "special stipulation" on him for the personal protection order.) We were careful but really did not figure that he would be held to the order because1) I was 28 years old, 2)I was getting a divorce 3) how can some on really be allowed to but a PPO out on the behalf of a compotent adult 3) we had no children together ( I had 2 from a previous marriage) 4) how can you harrass someone who returns your calls and is consenting to the interaction.

Well, we went to the Detroit Opera together and my ex had a private investigator (with the help of my parents) fallow us. He was arrested the next day. My ex never showed up to the hearings, only the PI did. I was never allowed to come to the hearing nor would the PO talk to me from the beggining. Even though I had proof I was now divorced and provided the docket number and my children were not my ex's ,she actually told me I was lying!

Anyways, I was labeled asthe "victim" and had no trouble being approved to visit him. In fact we got married in October. Hopefully he will be released in about 12 months.

Good Luck!!

jenjenb07
12-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Congratulations on your marriage! My ex-husband hired a private investigator too - even though we were almost divorced, and hadn't been together for almost 1 year. Maybe they are the ones that need to go to jail for harassment???? My ex said the same thing, he was worried about me and our 3 daughters. He wasn't worried - just jealous. My husband now, was dating me at the time. We were married in October of 2004. But, once again, he's back in prison. And it was all over such a stupid occurence. Anyways, I wish you both the best.

fedupmomma
12-02-2006, 02:48 AM
there is an automatic PPO is domestic violation cases, so you have to get that removed, to visit him. I can give you more advice but pm me for that. Hope all goes well.

Rachel213
12-08-2006, 11:52 AM
My boyfriend was sent back on a parole violation for domestic violence against me, and I visit all the time. No one has every said anything to me about it. He comes home in 10 days and his parole officer knows we are going to still be together and hasn't said anything either.