View Full Version : Day Per Day - Texas State Jail?

Alicia85
11-26-2006, 02:01 AM
I am completey clueless about this whole state jail thing. I learned really quick about all the rules and regulations as far as county goes but my boyfriend is about to go to state jail and I keep hearing about this whole day per day thing. What exactly does that mean? He was sentenced to one year state jail so does that just mean that he has to be in there a year and can't get out sooner or what? I guess I'm going to have to learn the ropes about state jail but I was just looking for a little help and info. Anything that anyone can tell me is very much appreciated. Thank you so much.:)

Kay
11-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Alicia, State jail is day for day. He will be gone exactly one year. I wish the news was better. My son is in a state jail although he is a TDC inmate. The state jail where he is at is a lot more comfortable than most of the units he has been on. They actually have AC and heat. He has a job and has been in right at a year. No idea about when they might come home under TDC. It is all up to the parole board. With state jail you know when they go in what day they will be home. Good Luck and PM me if I can help you in any way. God Bless!Katy

pat1005
12-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi Alicia - State jail is day for day. No way of getting released early. The good thing about serving a state jail sentence is that we all know when our loved one will be coming home. Serving a TDC sentence you wonder if they will be granted parole and that can take a toll on you for sure. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to be of assistance. take care.