View Full Version : Question about family visits at Solano

Boo'sBaby
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
My husband and I are looking forward to having family visits. We think he will be a level three at Solano (hopefully) any information about family visits would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Lyndia

cadustin
11-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Congradulations! I wish we could get them. My husband is at a CCF prison, so we don't get family visits. :( But, I have had them when he was at Centinela. I can tell you about my experiences there, hopefully they will help you.

He would put in for the visit. He gets a menu that he will send to you and you fill out what food you want and send it back making sure the money for that is on his books. So send money ahead of time. You won't need a lot of food, the bad thing is, most of the food is too much for 2 days, so you either throw it away or bring it back with you. You'll get about a 30 day notice before your visit. You have to be at the prison before 11:00 am the morning of your first day. If you are late, they may cancel your visit, so don't be late. You can bring clothes for 2 days, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc... Everything you bring has to be in a clear container and cannot contain alcohol, so watch your conditioner. Bring a travel size toothpaste still in the box sealed. You can bring your hairbrush, etc... You can bring towels and washclothes.

At Centinela, it was like a two bedroom apartment. All pots, pans, glasses, etc were there. You have to make sure the place is clean when you leave and they have cleaning supplies there. There is a phone that they call him on too. They will call him like 3 or 4 times during the day and night and he has to go outside and waive to them. You cannot bring in any pills, no tylenol or motrin. Also, when I was there you could not bring in femine products, condoms, etc... If you get sick, they will cancel your visit, so unless you are dieing, don't let them know you are sick. I got an ear infection one time and by the time I got there I was sooooooo sick, I didn't say a word. I have no idea how high my fever got, but my husband was so sweat and kept me cooled down with a washcloth and my fever broke the next day so we got to spend some time without me being sick. You will leave the morning of the second say, usually between 10 and 11 am.

Again, this is all at Centinela and I have not had a family visit since 1998. So, things may have changed since then.

Have fun!!

Boo'sBaby
11-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info!!

cysreese
11-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Here is a link to Solano prison guide and you will find lots of info there. Best wishes :)

Solano (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201915)