View Full Version : I'm What They Call A Snow Bunny?? Anyone Else Get This?

Pumpkin159
11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi Girls!

My man told me last night that they call white girls "snow bunnies" in prison. My man is Puerto Rican and I am white so now he calls me his Snow Bunny. I think it's kinda cute but I wanted to find out the real meaning of it first.

:p
Megs

Pantasia
11-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Your white????

HOPE4FUTURE
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
There is already another thread on here about snow bunnies. You can find it all there if you just type that in the search.

Pumpkin159
11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Pantasia,

yeah I am white why? Something the matter with that?

Pumpkin159
11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks hope4future that helped

HOPE4FUTURE
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
You're welcome! I thought it was cute too. I also think WIGGER is cute, like a cozy little teddy bear or something. I don't know what they would call you, maybe a PIGGER! LOL

Pumpkin159
11-07-2006, 12:35 PM
A pigger? LOL okay..... He's only called me a snowbunny a couple times and he's joking when he says it to me. He'll be on the phone and one of his black buddies will be like "man you talkin to your snowbunny" and he'll say yeah I'm talking to my snowbunny. He's calls me babe all the time though.

KARMA1234
11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi Girls!

My man told me last night that they call white girls "snow bunnies" in prison. My man is Puerto Rican and I am white so now he calls me his Snow Bunny. I think it's kinda cute but I wanted to find out the real meaning of it first.

:p
Megs

I think that it applies mostly to white girls with black me? I could be wrong, but I think I read it in the other snow bunny thread... I am as white as they come and I had never heard that term. It could also be a regional thing?? Never heard it in AZ....this probably wasnt much help, but I am sure some clarafication will come along soon. :cool: :D :p

big mama 69
11-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Ok,...the curiousity is getting to me. Pantasia,why were you surprised she was white,and hope4future,could you explain the "pigger" thing? :confused: I'm lost! What am I missing? :o

cdmack
11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Here is the definition of a snow bunny that I got out of a "ghetto slang" dictionary:

Snow Bunny
Urban coloquial for caucassean women.

a white female; this expression is commonly used to describe a white female who mingles amoung black males; can be used as a sign of approval

white girl friend or ho

Cocaine addict, usually female. Also refers to chicks who snowboard.

HOPE4FUTURE
11-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Big Mama, I've been told that white women that like a black male is a wigger, "w" for white. So when I was told that I thought it was cute. Since she is into this snowbunny thing because her man is Peurto Rican than that's all I could think of for her. LOL. I don't know about the "You're white?" thing.

Pumpkin159
11-07-2006, 01:03 PM
LOL......Damn cdmack you busted out with the dictionary...lmfao :)

He's only called me his snow bunny a few times but now that I have read the definition I am going to ask him not to call me that. Babe is fine with me. LOL Yeah I am still not sure if Pantansia was surprised that I was white. What a white girl can't be with a Puerto Rican. He says he's my Popi. LOL

Anyways thank you ladies that helped me understand.

Megs

cdmack
11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Pumpkin159....I thought you would like that. The dicitionary is quite funny (there are several you can find online). I am a black woman and some of the things in the dictionary real enlighted me on a lot of the hip/hop slang used today. Glad you got a laugh out of that.

Pumpkin159
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
By your definition cdmack I am not a snow bunny. My man is not black he is Puerto Rican so it doesn't bother me a bit if I am called one. On the other thread that I was reading people were saying a snow bunny is a white girl that's with a black guy and she is used for money or whatever by him.

So I def know I am not a snow bunny because my man sends my ass money.LOL :) not the other way around. He takes care of me more than I do him. :) I can't wait for my Peanut to get out. I am so sexually fustrated especially from the last visit he stuck his hand between my legs. GIRRRLLLL I thought I was going to fall off the picnic table.

:)

One Love!!!!!

Megs

KY'sWife4Ever
11-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Ladies, my Husband just called me SnowBunny the other night after he spoke to one of his old friends. I had read here about the snowbunny and thought it was cute. I take it as a compliment for sure :-) I LOVE the snow and bunnies are cute, so it is perfect for me :-)

cyndi2168
11-07-2006, 02:23 PM
If you are secure in your relationship with your boyfriend then you know he loves you and that he meant it as a compliment.

warriorslady
11-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Pumpkin,
Actually people would still call you a snowbunny cause a lot of people consider Puerto ricans, mexicans, middle easterners, africans, spaniards, etc. black. So pretty much a white person with a person of color was considered snow.
I went to a 90% white college and people at home always asked "have you ever played in the snow?".
Also I don't know who said the thing about "wigger" but that word has always angered me. It means a white person who supposedly "acts" black. I heard this when I worked for a boy scouts summer camp 11 years ago, one young white guy called another young white guy a wigger because he was wearing his hat backwards and trying to rap. I never looked in the slang dictionary though, so it may say different.

kgirl2086
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
this is so funny because my man wrote me like a month ago and said his new nickname for me was snobunny, but i told him he couldnt call me that unless i knew what it meant, all he said was that it was a nickname for white women, so i said ok....its just funny to me..and now to see that it is kinda a trend for our men in prison...lol

Sunny_n_G
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
haha, my man's nickname for me is Sunny... Cause it's a mix between snow and bunny. He's never had a white girlfriend before, so he likes to be able to call me that. And I like it too... It's not a bad name to be called!

mia_101
11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
My guy is white as white (German) so I guess I don't get a cute nickname!

I think Snowbunny is cute if it is not one of the derogatory meanings, and it doesn't sound like it is in this case.

m1ss1ngh1m
11-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I am <LMAO>!!! When I worked at the prison, "Snowbunny" was one of the "terms of endearment" (trust it was a compliment...what they called other women I can't post) from the cages when I walked by until they got to know my name!

RegisSweetness
11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
i have known a couple of men to call white girls snow bunnies, but i dont think they mean it in an offensive manner though.

HOPE4FUTURE
11-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Warriorslady, My understanding is that "Wigger" just means that you love a black man or love black people altogether. I don't know why it would anger you because to me it only means that you are not prejudiced or racial.

Mrs. Evans
11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
i know where i am from in baltimore....we call white girls snowbunnies no matter if they date a balck man or not....they snowbunnies...its not just a jail thing

Mrs. Evans
11-08-2006, 10:19 AM
oh and a wigger is a white person that tires to "act black"

crankygrlfriend
11-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I've usually heard that term used negativelyy, or at least in a joke. Never heard it used affectionately before... but whatever makes people happy

HOPE4FUTURE
11-08-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't try to act black or act anyway except myself but I was called that just because I have a lot of black friends and a black man.

Mrs. Evans
11-08-2006, 10:29 AM
im not saying that you try to act black or anything like that because i do not know you but i know for a fact that where i come from that what it means.....

HOPE4FUTURE
11-08-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking that maybe people that are a little bit racist may call someone that because they think he/she is taking up with the black folks and trying to act like them, but to me I think it's cute and I take it as a compliment.

HisDimples
11-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Okay, while it is true that "wigger" means "acting black" (I could go on for a long time about that part, but I won't) it is NOT meant as a compliment any more than using nigger as opposed to nigga. It's not cute at all and highly offensive to most.

HOPE4FUTURE
11-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Well, that's just your opinion, HisDimples! You know I have adopted cousins who are raised by white parents but have black and white friends. Their black friends even say they are wiggers. So it's all just in how a person wants to look at it and if they want it to offend them. To me, it doesn't offend me one bit because I am thankful that God gave me a caring and sharing heart.

mellomoods2000
11-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Where i'm from a "snow bunny" is a cocaine addict. So it's not taken as a term of endearment. It's not a compliment and meant to be derogatory, almost the "nice" way of calling a woman a "chicken head". And FYI - chicken head at one time referred to white woman but has since evolved into a term used for woman who like oral sex. Usually with men but I now am hearing it used to refer to bi sexual woman also.

I have a 20 something daughter "in the hood". She is my source of urban clarification.

nmeis
11-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I aint never been called a snow bunny by any of my mens, but once i was called sno cone by someone is chicago and my baby daddy started using it as a nickname. (and they come in many flavors, cold as ice, and taste good too :)

mrsalmondjoy
11-08-2006, 01:45 PM
I think that people are missing the point here about being educated about what these names really mean and some of you thinking that they are cute. Maybe they do not have a negative connotation where you're from, but these names (wigger and snow bunny) originated as negative connotations and furthermore, I think that it is very ignorant to defend something you don't know historical validity of. I mean, to each her own, if you don't mind being labeled, but I hold my standards high and don't allow anyone to give me a name and I accept it and don't know enough about it. It's not enough to just think "it sounds cute". Believe me, these topics come up all the time in my Ethnic Diversity classes, and if you didn't know something coming in there, you knew a lot leaving out. No disrespect to anyone in this forum, but let's try and educate ourselves about these types of things rather than just jump to the defensive because someone is looking out for our best interest by clarifying and correcting some things. Much love to everybody...

LanaJo
11-08-2006, 01:51 PM
OMG, this is too fricken funny!!! wow, goodness!!! Snowbunny is not a negative term whatsoever, but yeah the white girl who hangs out with a black dude, well she's called a snowbunny, why, go figure!!! I think it's just a cute little term of endearment and well I take no offense and I'm white. My man is black. I think it's cute.
Here is the definition of a snow bunny that I got out of a "ghetto slang" dictionary:

Snow Bunny
Urban coloquial for caucassean women.

a white female; this expression is commonly used to describe a white female who mingles amoung black males; can be used as a sign of approval

white girl friend or ho

Cocaine addict, usually female. Also refers to chicks who snowboard.

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Okay, while it is true that "wigger" means "acting black" (I could go on for a long time about that part, but I won't) it is NOT meant as a compliment any more than using nigger as opposed to nigga. It's not cute at all and highly offensive to most.
"Wigger" is derogatory title. Not a compliment by any means. It is a statement often used toward a white person who tries to act and talk black-ghetto - like, Eminem. He is defined to be a Wigger. Associated with "white trash."

LanaJo
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
No disrepect Almondjoy, I hear ya all the way, however I just don't agree. I mean we all come up with little words or euphanisms (sp.) that means tons of different things to different people. It doesn't really matter what or where the origination came from, it doesn't because for what one person believes is the "origin" of a word, somebody else will believe it was something else. We have no idea. I'm sure Christmas and Halloween and every other holiday's origin has changed quite a bit since the beginning of time. Disapgreeing about a word's meaning is like disagreeing about politics or religion, it's all on the beholder!!

Furthermore I don't find that my man is labeling me by saying, aww that's my cute little snowbunny, that's just not negative, nor is it labling me as white trash. If that is the case, then all white women who be with black men are trash, or coke heads or whatever else was mentioned, that's silly. I'm not being very defensive, I see everyone's point, just thought I'd add mine too!!! PEace and One!!

cdmack
11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
I think that people are missing the point here about being educated about what these names really mean and some of you thinking that they are cute. Maybe they do not have a negative connotation where you're from, but these names (wigger and snow bunny) originated as negative connotations and furthermore, I think that it is very ignorant to defend something you don't know historical validity of. I mean, to each her own, if you don't mind being labeled, but I hold my standards high and don't allow anyone to give me a name and I accept it and don't know enough about it. It's not enough to just think "it sounds cute". Believe me, these topics come up all the time in my Ethnic Diversity classes, and if you didn't know something coming in there, you knew a lot leaving out. No disrespect to anyone in this forum, but let's try and educate ourselves about these types of things rather than just jump to the defensive because someone is looking out for our best interest by clarifying and correcting some things. Much love to everybody...

Glad to know someone truly gets this.....I'm black, so of course men don't call me a snow bunny, but I have friends that date outside their race and they do call their women snow bunnies....and.....I don't like to be called "shorty" either....I think it is very offensive for a man to speak to anywoman black or white by using derrogatory names.....and that is normally what we (black and white women) get from the "brothers".....don't get me wrong....I love them to death, but some of the names they come up with for women.....they really have to be called on the carpet for it sometimes.

june5
11-08-2006, 02:30 PM
"Wigger" is derogatory title. Not a compliment by any means. It is a statement often used toward a white person who tries to act and talk black-ghetto - like, Eminem. He is defined to be a Wigger. Associated with "white trash."

EEEEEK!!! Wifewaiting, I gotta tell you this. Eminem does not 'try' to act or talk black. Eminem is from Detroit, like myself. Every white person I ever met (granted, there were not that many of us) in Detroit talked and acted just like him. It's an environmental thing, not a color thing. I used to have a slight accent myself ( a slight accent mostly because my parents raised me to talk 'properly', so they called it), but since I haven't lived there in so long it went away.

HOPE4FUTURE
11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Ok, so what is a bunny? To me it is a cute little animal the same as a rabbit. Or another way I think of bunny is like a Playboy Bunny wgich most often is a beautiful girl. And then what is snow. It is white stuff that we see in the winter and it is very pure. So in my mind I see nothing wrong with any of it and I think it is just what someone wants to make of it good or bad, positive or negative, trashy or nice. I guess it is just how the individual thinks of themself. I still think it's cute and there's not enough educating me to persuade me to think otherwise.

june5
11-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Ok, so what is a bunny? To me it is a cute little animal the same as a rabbit. Or another way I think of bunny is like a Playboy Bunny wgich most often is a beautiful girl. And then what is snow. It is white stuff that we see in the winter and it is very pure. So in my mind I see nothing wrong with any of it and I think it is just what someone wants to make of it good or bad, positive or negative, trashy or nice. I guess it is just how the individual thinks of themself. I still think it's cute and there's not enough educating me to persuade me to think otherwise.

I had never heard the term 'snow bunny' in my entire life until I saw this thread. If you like being called that, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks!! My grandpa used to always say, "Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner!"

HOPE4FUTURE
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
I never saw it before the other thread on her either, June. So I asked my man and he said it is a white girl with a black man, plain as that! He would tell me if it was a bad thing and would say, "Baby, don't let anyone call you that or talk to you like that". That wasn't the case at all. He is an ordained minister and wouldn't fall for any of it. And I think if that's the worst name that someone called me than I'd really like to hear the good ones. And I know that I'm not a coke head (never used once) or a ho (haven't had sex in 5 years) so none of it pertains to me except the cute way that I think of it!

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 03:03 PM
EEEEEK!!! Wifewaiting, I gotta tell you this. Eminem does not 'try' to act or talk black. Eminem is from Detroit, like myself. Every white person I ever met (granted, there were not that many of us) in Detroit talked and acted just like him. It's an environmental thing, not a color thing. I used to have a slight accent myself ( a slight accent mostly because my parents raised me to talk 'properly', so they called it), but since I haven't lived there in so long it went away.
As someone stated below - the perceptions and definitions have to do with where you grew up. Born and raised in Chicago until adulthood, that is what a Wigger is seen and defined as in the white and black communities there. Keyword: a white person who TRIES to act black. Not by being a product of their environment. Big difference. I have seen Eminem act fully "non-wigger" ---and wigger...he turns it on and off like a faucet. That is what makes him a wigger. Hey, get HIM on this thread, I want to talk to him about this. LOL

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I never saw it before the other thread on her either, June. So I asked my man and he said it is a white girl with a black man, plain as that! He would tell me if it was a bad thing and would say, "Baby, don't let anyone call you that or talk to you like that". That wasn't the case at all. He is an ordained minister and wouldn't fall for any of it. And I think if that's the worst name that someone called me than I'd really like to hear the good ones. And I know that I'm not a coke head (never used once) or a ho (haven't had sex in 5 years) so none of it pertains to me except the cute way that I think of it!

I just think of a snow bunny as a woman who loves the ski slopes personally. :)

HisDimples
11-08-2006, 03:46 PM
So, as Almondjoy was saying, it is not a matter of opinion. It is very ignorant to just ignore the historical meaning of things and say oh well, I like it so it's cute. I am not going to argue this point with anyone. Historically, this is a very negative term. It was never used in the hood as a positive term and that is where the term started. I grew up there, still live there and spend all of my time there. THis isn't an opinion I have formed, it is fact, the same way it is fact that a strawberry tastes like a strawberry, not just my opinion. We must all educate ourselves and refuse to just buy into things we don't know anything about. I am not saying that her man was being disrespectful intentionally, perhaps he is unaware of it's origin. Rise above the bare minimum here!

butterfly16
11-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey all,

Being from Canada the land of snow and skiing........when we hear the term "snow bunny" it means a hot chick dressed up in her cute ski outfit ready to hit the slopes....

D's Wifey To Be
11-08-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't guess I would mind being called a snowbunny but I would not appreciate being called a wigger. The only time I've ever heard it used it was white people calling other white people wiggers and it wasn't meant to be a compliment at all. Maybe it just depends on where you're from how the words are used.:idea:

giggles1488
11-08-2006, 04:08 PM
a wigger is a bad thing, it is a white person acting like a gangster or a white n word.

Littlefeet
11-08-2006, 04:26 PM
LOL......Damn cdmack you busted out with the dictionary...lmfao :)

HAHAHAHA....y'all are CRAZEE...thanks for the laugh tonight!!!

june5
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
So, as Almondjoy was saying, it is not a matter of opinion. It is very ignorant to just ignore the historical meaning of things and say oh well, I like it so it's cute. I am not going to argue this point with anyone. Historically, this is a very negative term. It was never used in the hood as a positive term and that is where the term started. I grew up there, still live there and spend all of my time there. THis isn't an opinion I have formed, it is fact, the same way it is fact that a strawberry tastes like a strawberry, not just my opinion. We must all educate ourselves and refuse to just buy into things we don't know anything about. I am not saying that her man was being disrespectful intentionally, perhaps he is unaware of it's origin. Rise above the bare minimum here!

I have to respectfully disagree here. It comes down to what the person who is being called a 'snow bunny' thinks. If the lady doesn't mind being called that, why should we mind for her? If somebody came on here saying 'my man calls me a b-- and I love it', I say, whatever floats your boat!

mrsalmondjoy
11-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Baby, (LanaJo) you do have a valid point for the most part of what you're saying, but I do have to "chop you up" when you say the origin of something DOESN'T MATTER because IT DOES. I belive in UNITY among ALL PEOPLE and one of the worst things one can do is walk around BLIND about something that can be offensive to other people and even disrespectful to oneself, whether they realize it or not. I'm not trying to get all off subject here, but for example, how many of you know about that song "Chain Hang Low" that everybody thinks is sooo tight? It's the song off the damn ice cream truck, originally titled, "Ears Hang Low" and guess what? The history behind this song is that during the civil war Confererate soldiers would remove certain body parts (primarily ears and testicles) from the deceased corpses of freed slaves who were fighting as Northern (Yankee) soldiers after their battles. These "trinkets" were then placed on a rope necklace and worn as a trophy piece. As the lyrics to the nusery rhyme state "do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro... etc" "Can you throw them over your shoulder like a (Continental) soldier". This word (Continental) took this nursery rhyme from racist jargon to playful melody. The word that filled this space was (Confederate) as in Confederate soldier. Other nursery rhymes have done the same i.e. Eenie, Meenie, Minee, Moe catch a Ni**er by his toe. Not Tiger.

I'm just stating facts for those of you who are interested in KNOWING. Again, to each her own, and my point for bringing up this song and the meaning behind it is this: Knowledge is power and Ignorance IS NOT BLISS; its SUICIDE.

Much love...

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I have to respectfully disagree here. It comes down to what the person who is being called a 'snow bunny' thinks. If the lady doesn't mind being called that, why should we mind for her? If somebody came on here saying 'my man calls me a b-- and I love it', I say, whatever floats your boat!
OH, wellll, June my Dear...hehe...Hubby has called me a little "bunny" before - but that was because I gave him the time of his life the night before! TeeHee!:D

Mrs Almond, I agree with you with what you said. Ignorance is not bliss - especially in this "title" ordeal - it's important...you cannot just go anywhere and toss a term out for what one *believes* it to be - you have to know how it is generally meant in society or one could really be asking for something without knowing what they are getting into. Personally, I happen to find the term "cracker" to be stupid as hell - I'd like to bop the one upside the head who made up that term....pretty stupid - laughable even. I know a couple of other white people who the term really offends. Doesn't offend me though.

Terra
11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
The definition for snow bunny doesn't make a bit of sense. "A Caucasian woman with a man of color."

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
The definition for snow bunny doesn't make a bit of sense. "A Caucasian woman with a man of color."

A long time ago I remember a term that was used - a white woman with a black man or vice-versa is/was called a "zebra" couple. I think some people have wayyyy too much time on their hands or they are wayyyy too racist. I just call it a *couple!*

Geesh - all these stupid terms. It's hard enough just being yourself no matter what color you are!!!

Wobabi
11-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Hmmm I am trying to figure this one out,,,I see this term being asked about all the time and I am thinking,,,,even if I did not know the exact meaning of the term my man making up a term based loosely around my my race and he is of another race,,, is opening up a can of worms,,,I dunno,,I just would not allow my man to refer to me as his Mud Duck. Especially if he was not of the mud race,,because would that lead me to beleive it is ok to call him my silverback gorilla? When it comes to nick names based on race and you are of the opposite race,,you *could* possibly set yourself up for future arguements that could lead to name calling based on race-not good. Might be putting too much on it but just me thinking.

june5
11-08-2006, 08:06 PM
A long time ago I remember a term that was used - a white woman with a black man or vice-versa is/was called a "zebra" couple. I think some people have wayyyy too much time on their hands or they are wayyyy too racist. I just call it a *couple!*

Geesh - all these stupid terms. It's hard enough just being yourself no matter what color you are!!!

Honestly, wifewaiting, I don't get it. I really don't. No offense to anyone here, because like I said, whatever names you want to call each other is up to you. My husband is black, I don't ever think about the interracial thing except in limited circumstances like going to look for an apartment or something like that where it can really be held against us. Thinking about our color at home, that has never come up. We call each other honey.

Oh what the heck--in the interest of creating discussion. Here's one: it does give me the tiniest bit of pause when people call each other something racially motivated. I used to date a guy along time ago who was black, and he always said he loved my 'milky white body.' hahaha. But, as it turned out, he had alot of issues with the race thing and was kind of embarrased to be in a serious relationship with a white woman, so it didn't work out. So I kind of wonder when people have the racial 'pet names' whether they really see each other fully as people or are getting a kick from the racial thing.

I have dated all races--white, black, latino, you name it!! I never called anybody anything racially motivated, I just like good looking guys, don't care what race! So I do wonder when someone is using these racial terms, even in a nice way, why so much emphasis on the race of the person?

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Hmmm I am trying to figure this one out,,,I see this term being asked about all the time and I am thinking,,,,even if I did not know the exact meaning of the term my man making up a term based loosely around my my race and he is of another race,,, is opening up a can of worms,,,I dunno,,I just would not allow my man to refer to me as his Mud Duck. Especially if he was not of the mud race,,because would that lead me to beleive it is ok to call him my silverback gorilla? When it comes to nick names based on race and you are of the opposite race,,you *could* possibly set yourself up for future arguements that could lead to name calling based on race-not good. Might be putting too much on it but just me thinking.

I am cracking up here...Mud Duck? Silverback Gorilla? Wobabi, are those real terms out there in society or did you just make those up? Silverback Gorilla?!?!?!?! I needed that laugh. Thank you! :haha:

Wobabi
11-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I am cracking up here...Mud Duck? Silverback Gorilla? Wobabi, are those real terms out there in society or did you just make those up? Silverback Gorilla?!?!?!?! I needed that laugh. Thank you! :haha:
Wife I must be telling my age but those are real terms,,my brother still calls women mud ducks,,goodness:o

apf2489
11-08-2006, 08:40 PM
I would not want to be called snow bunny, or anything else that referred to the fact that I am a different color than my man. I love him for who he is, and vice versa. A pet name is one thing but if the whole purpose or the term is aimed at pointing out the difference then I think that it might not be an endearing as thought to be. I'd rather have an unoriginal pet name than one that points out our racial difference to others who already have a problem with it. Why feed the hate and ignorance.

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Honestly, wifewaiting, I don't get it. I really don't. No offense to anyone here, because like I said, whatever names you want to call each other is up to you. My husband is black, I don't ever think about the interracial thing except in limited circumstances like going to look for an apartment or something like that where it can really be held against us. Thinking about our color at home, that has never come up. We call each other honey.

Oh what the heck--in the interest of creating discussion. Here's one: it does give me the tiniest bit of pause when people call each other something racially motivated. I used to date a guy along time ago who was black, and he always said he loved my 'milky white body.' hahaha. But, as it turned out, he had alot of issues with the race thing and was kind of embarrased to be in a serious relationship with a white woman, so it didn't work out. So I kind of wonder when people have the racial 'pet names' whether they really see each other fully as people or are getting a kick from the racial thing.

I have dated all races--white, black, latino, you name it!! I never called anybody anything racially motivated, I just like good looking guys, don't care what race! So I do wonder when someone is using these racial terms, even in a nice way, why so much emphasis on the race of the person?

Hm...I am afraid if I answer my true thoughts on this....it will get the thread closed down in 7 minutes flat. :cool:

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I would not want to be called snow bunny, or anything else that referred to the fact that I am a different color than my man. I love him for who he is, and vice versa. A pet name is one thing but if the whole purpose or the term is aimed at pointing out the difference then I think that it might not be an endearing as thought to be. I'd rather have an unoriginal pet name than one that points out our racial difference to others who already have a problem with it. Why feed the hate and ignorance.

I have a friend who is mulatto (bl/wh) and her ex-boyfriend of 1 year used to called her "Nesquick" - as in chocolate milk. When she politely asked him to stop calling her that because it made her feel uncomfortable and embarrassed when he did it in front of others....the discussion grew into a heated argument and the relationship was ended right then and there....by HIM...and not without his walking out the door throwing a couple of racist comments at her. Ever since then, I do feel that there is something underlying the so-called *cutsie* names like that in some cases. Not all, but some.

Terra
11-08-2006, 08:51 PM
:haha: :haha: @^^^^ The 7 mins flat

Wobabi
11-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I have a friend who is mulatto (bl/wh) and her ex-boyfriend of 1 year used to called her "Nesquick" - as in chocolate milk. When she politely asked him to stop calling her that because it made her feel uncomfortable and embarrassed when he did it in front of others....the discussion grew into a heated argument and the relationship was ended right then and there....by HIM...and not without his walking out the door throwing a couple of racist comments at her. Ever since then, I do feel that there is something underlying the so-called *cutsie* names like that in some cases. Not all, but some.

I am not familair that much with interracial relationships but what do you think the underlying *something* is?
I see your retro 50's wife title,,,now where did you get that title from ,,,hehehe

apf2489
11-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I guess maybe some people can call their significant other by a racially motivated pet name and it be just a pet name, but I certainly would not do that to my man, simply out of respect just as he wouldn't call me one for the same reason. Like several have said I believe there is something derogatory seeded in it somewhere. While I am quite progressive in some areas, I suppose I'd rather be called something generic like baby or honey than snow bunny.

wifewaiting
11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
I am not familair that much with interracial relationships but what do you think the underlying *something* is?
I see your retro 50's wife title,,,now where did you get that title from ,,,hehehe

I feel that some may get caught up in their fantasies of multi-toned flesh sex - and live it - without taking consideration that we all cry and bleed the same. I do not respect racists - and as with my friend's ex, it was as though he was getting off on the color difference - as opposed to being "all in" the relationship for the right reasons. I do not believe this is the case for all, but I know that there are people out there like that. I have heard both white men and black men stating that they would love to be with the opposite race just for the mere fact that it's a "flesh fantasy."

june5
11-08-2006, 09:22 PM
I feel that some may get caught up in their fantasies of multi-toned flesh sex - and live it - without taking consideration that we all cry and bleed the same. I do not respect racists - and as with my friend's ex, it was as though he was getting off on the color difference - as opposed to being "all in" the relationship for the right reasons. I do not believe this is the case for all, but I know that there are people out there like that. I have heard both white men and black men stating that they would love to be with the opposite race just for the mere fact that it's a "flesh fantasy."

That's the truth, wifewaiting. Look at your local adult store--they have movie after movie featuring interracial couples. Though I find it hilarious--wow, MY sex life is somebody's fantasy, hahahaha. It truly cracks me up!

mia_101
11-08-2006, 11:51 PM

It's basically 'white nigger'. Not a nice term at all.

But, as has been said, words and phrases take on different connotations over time and in different groups.

mia_101
11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey all,

Being from Canada the land of snow and skiing........when we hear the term "snow bunny" it means a hot chick dressed up in her cute ski outfit ready to hit the slopes....

Before reading on here, that is the only meaning I knew of the term.

HOPE4FUTURE
11-09-2006, 04:28 AM
Mrsalmondjoy and Dimples, I find it strange that you take such offense to these words but you have no problem labelling people ignorant and telling them to rise above the bare minimum. We all know where Christmas originated from but some relate it to Santa Claus, reindeer, and holiday shopping. Who knows, maybe there is an origination for the user names you have chosen too. I think these words are being taken way too seriously by some that like to appear educated.

Pumpkin159
11-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Mrsalmondjoy and Dimples, I find it strange that you take such offense to these words but you have no problem labelling people ignorant and telling them to rise above the bare minimum. We all know where Christmas originated from but some relate it to Santa Claus, reindeer, and holiday shopping. Who knows, maybe there is an origination for the user names you have chosen too. I think these words are being taken way too seriously by some that like to appear educated.

LOL - Your funny HOPE4FUTURE!!!! I talked to my man about the word snow bunny and he didn't even know what it meant. He just said it because he thought it was a cute name. I told him not to call me it just in case it is taken in a derogitory way by someone. WHATEVER!!!! I miss my baby!! Can't wait til next month so I can go see him again. :D

LanaJo
11-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Okay this is the most educated post on here for sure!!! On this thread!! I so agree, and though ignorance may not be bliss, it sure in the heck beats political views on something that has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else but the person being called the name, whatever that name may be. I agree with ya Hope no doubt about it!!

Mrsalmondjoy, I am feeling your concern for the generalization of terms, but the point is, that society is different everywhere, just like every single person is different. We may be the same, race, height, weight, look exactly alike, our favorite color is pink, but your gonna like Italian food and I'm gonna like Chinese. It just is the way the world is. I will say though that through your point, I have taken another view too, "if someone has to question what a "name" means, than they already feel it has a negative connotation, then they shouldn't allow themselves to be called that".

HOPE4FUTURE
11-09-2006, 11:39 AM
I just think we all take life too seriously sometimes. I think we have enough on our plates worrying about prison life and finance, deat and everything else to worry about the meaning of a word that someone made up and doesn't mean the same to all people. That's all!

Pumpkin159
11-09-2006, 11:44 AM
You said it perfectly Hope4future..... I am not worried about the name. I just started this thread to see what it meant. My nickname is babe, baby, pumpkins or mama by him. I was just curious to see what it meant.

:) ~

Megs

mrsalmondjoy
11-09-2006, 12:54 PM
You don't don't anything about me to say that I LIKE TO APPEAR educated when I am, and obviously, you are intimidated by that. And there is a difference between being IGNORANT and STUPID. Now had I said anything about anybody being STUPID, then I can understand you getting swole. I totally agree that there are always going to be differences. Like I keep saying, I'm not here to attack anybody, I'm just adding my knowledge for those who are interested in knowing true meanings behind things. If what I'm saying doesn't pertain to you and yours, then don't worry about it.

cdmack
11-09-2006, 01:55 PM
You don't don't anything about me to say that I LIKE TO APPEAR educated when I am, and obviously, you are intimidated by that. And there is a difference between being IGNORANT and STUPID. Now had I said anything about anybody being STUPID, then I can understand you getting swole. I totally agree that there are always going to be differences. Like I keep saying, I'm not here to attack anybody, I'm just adding my knowledge for those who are interested in knowing true meanings behind things. If what I'm saying doesn't pertain to you and yours, then don't worry about it.

Way to go girl!!!!! I feel ya!!!!

Pumpkin159
11-09-2006, 02:22 PM
WOW Ladies Ladies Ladies. We are suppose to be here to support one another. :) No fightin words allowed ...lol Just Kidding. :)

Megs~

ms.katy
11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
You don't don't anything about me to say that I LIKE TO APPEAR educated when I am, and obviously, you are intimidated by that.I see. In other words, when YOU make an observation about hope4thefuture, it is "obvious;" but when HOPE4THEFUTURE makes an observation about you, she "doesn't know anything" about you. Isn't it funny how accusations hurled at others are often the very deficiencies the hurler herself has an abundance of? You wouldn't by any chance be projecting, would you?
That having been addressed, perhaps you could "educate" us as to what is REALLY bothering you and what issues lie UNDERNEATH your preoccupation with political correctness, obsession with semantics, and walking on eggshells.

mrsalmondjoy
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I see. In other words, when YOU make an observation about hope4thefuture, it is "obvious;" but when HOPE4THEFUTURE makes an observation about you, she "doesn't know anything" about you. Isn't it funny how accusations hurled at others are often the very deficiencies the hurler herself has an abundance of? You wouldn't by any chance be projecting, would you?
That having been addressed, perhaps you could "educate" us as to what is REALLY bothering you and what issues lie UNDERNEATH your preoccupation with political correctness, obsession with semantics, and walking on eggshells.
Well, welcome to the conversation, Ms. Captain Save-A-? You have really analyzed and interpretted wrongly, because please believe nothing is bothering me. You act as if I'm all radical and what not, talking about preoccupation with political correctness, etc. If you paid any attention to what I said, then you wouldn't have had to go garbage with trying to clown me for defending myself. And I'm through because this is not a tag-team match.

ms.katy
11-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, welcome to the conversation, Ms. Captain Save-A-? You have really analyzed and interpretted wrongly, because please believe nothing is bothering me. You act as if I'm all radical and what not, talking about preoccupation with political correctness, etc. If you paid any attention to what I said, then you wouldn't have had to go garbage with trying to clown me for defending myself. And I'm through because this is not a tag-team match.Could have fooled me. But allow me to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you what it is about your claims that I have "misanalyzed and misinterpreted." And why is it that, each time YOU post a reply, you call it pure "education" and "adding knowledge," but when I do the same, you regard it as "to go garbage with trying to clown" you? If you really meant what you said, your objections would have been more specific. How can you be "through" with something you never began?

mrsalmondjoy
11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Could have fooled me. But allow me to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you what it is about your claims that I have "misanalyzed and misinterpreted." And why is it that, each time YOU post a reply, you call it pure "education" and "adding knowledge," but when I do the same, you regard it as "to go garbage with trying to clown" you? If you really meant what you said, your objections would have been more specific. How can you be "through" with something you never began?
You have misunderstood me by assuming things when you said, "your preoccupation with political correctness, obsession with semantics, and walking on eggshells". You have me mistaken. And what I meant by you going "garbage" and "clowning" me is you jumping to somebody else's defense without seeing the situation as a whole. Had you read some previous posts, you would see that I posted my replies "respectfully" until that "person" jumped to the defensive, trying to insult me as if I'm a perpetrator (when she said, "people who like to appear to be educated"), and that's how this whole mess popped off. Just because I use the word "educate" doesn't mean that I'm saying anyone else's input isn't educational to others. So, I'm having a hard time trying to understanding you contesting the clarity of my replies.

HOPE4FUTURE
11-09-2006, 08:21 PM
What it all seems like to me is that some people try to make it look as if our men disrespect us. And some of us are saying that we don't feel disrespected by being called this name and we don't care what the meaning of it is in the hood. I don't care where it originated from, we don't live in the hood, I don't use drugs, not a ho, and I still think it's cute. And not only are you saying that our men are disrespecting us by calling us something but you are also saying we are ignorant and now you're saying I'm intimidated by your education? I don't think so! All your hoopla doesn't impress this snow bunny wigger at all!

Addicted_one
11-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes Snow Bunnies are White Girls. White as Snow. Plus it is something White Girls do Snow Ski those girls are also called snow bunnies. Kinda the opposite of Mud Duck!

Kinda Cute

Wobabi
11-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Yes Snow Bunnies are White Girls. White as Snow. Plus it is something White Girls do Snow Ski those girls are also called snow bunnies. Kinda the opposite of Mud Duck!

Kinda Cute
Addicted,,And the one thing they have in common is that they are both considered Ho's,,whoa that was deep,:idea:
See thats why as they say here in Chicago,,You gots to watch Your set ups,,,You set yourself up to claim yourself as being something negative all the way around. And the minute you get into a fight out comes the negative connotations of that cute pet name as I have witnessed here,,just seems like you can cross a threshold of no return when it comes to using racial pet names,,,or maybe I am thinking now the line is not that defined between hispanic and white ?? There is a different set of dynamics going on there and it really might not be that serious,,hmmm

nmeis
11-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Full Of Drama

ms.katy
11-11-2006, 04:38 AM
You have misunderstood me by assuming things when you said, "your preoccupation with political correctness, obsession with semantics, and walking on eggshells". You have me mistaken. And what I meant by you going "garbage" and "clowning" me is you jumping to somebody else's defense without seeing the situation as a whole. Had you read some previous posts, you would see that I posted my replies "respectfully" until that "person" jumped to the defensive, trying to insult me as if I'm a perpetrator (when she said, "people who like to appear to be educated"), and that's how this whole mess popped off. Just because I use the word "educate" doesn't mean that I'm saying anyone else's input isn't educational to others. So, I'm having a hard time trying to understanding you contesting the clarity of my replies.
My use of the word "obsession" was primarily in reference to your lecture on the Civil War over nothing more than a nickname, which is a bit extreme. Are you sure you're not taking all this a bit too seriously? What really matters is the intention behind the name -- not the literary meaning of it, which in this case most people are oblivious to anyway.