View Full Version : Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!!

MurphyGirl
11-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the ‘Freedom Café’!!!!

The ‘Freedom Café’ is named as such because it is a place of freedom……

Freedom from judgment……

Freedom from Labels……..

Freedom from unsolicited advice…..

Freedom from opinions……..

This is a place of laughter, of tears, of openness and most importantly, it is a
place of support….so come on in, grab a refreshment and a comfy chair and
just share your day with us…….hopefully by the time you leave the ‘Freedom

Café’ you will feel a little lighter of heart and ready to face another day.

Hugs to all

Ann & Patti

PattiD1157
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Wow, another month. Where does the time go? Not liking this cold weather at all. I am so ready for spring again. <sigh> At least the sun is shining, that is something that I really need in my life. I was just talking to someone the other day about the dreary winter days and how sunshine is needed. This other lady goes to a tanning salon in the winter and that seems to help her. Might have to see if I can give that a try.
HAPPY NOVEMBER EVERYONE!!!!!

neptune08
11-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Patti, it's actually a proven fact that sunlight helps depression. I used to tan in the winter for the same reasons, and I avoided some costly depression medicine. It's just a boost in mood, so to speak.

Well, my first day on dayshift went so-so. Waking up and getting motivated went better than the rest of the day. I got screamed at by the same rude nurse from last week. I went to the DON and blatantly told her if this problem is not fixed SOON, I will clock out and go home. I have all intentions of finding another job. I even talked to my mom about how degrading this nurse was, and she said "babe, just walk. You're better than her." I had other department supervisors come to me and commend me on addressing the issue. They all said they would hate for me to leave, and hoped the nurse would come to her senses. I may be JUST a nurse aide, but I am hard working, love my residents, and do a damn good job. As God may have it, towards the end of my shift, one of my residents broke down to me. She explained that when she got there, she cried everyday because she was dealing with not walking again. She told me that when she sees my smiling face, it is like God telling her she'll be taken care of. I had tears in my eyes, and a few coming down the cheeks! If only this woman knew I was ready to walk out! I was speechless. Thank you God for using me to bless this woman in her needs!

I'm off to bed! Up bright and early at 5am! BLAH! Have a great day/night!

MurphyGirl
11-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Elicia! You go girl!! You shouldn't have to put up with her BS!!

hugs!

ann

PattiD1157
11-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Ok, why aren't I getting email notifications again? Hmmmm haven't done anything different.
You know what they say Elicia....dynamite comes in small packages!! Go get 'em girl!!!!
Well I have a test at 10:30 so I had better get some more studying done, I wasn't going to be on the computer until I was done......oops. LOL

waitn4destiny
11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Happy November! Hope you are all well! Missing you all! HUGS

PattiD1157
11-02-2006, 10:24 AM
MARIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We miss you girl!! How's the job going? The kids? Did you all have a safe Halloween? How's your honey? Sure is good to have you pop back in here!!!

Eternal Hope
11-02-2006, 11:09 AM
November already~ wow, and with it the chilly weather is closing in us, even in NC. I am with you Patti, not sure I am ready for the chilled to the bone feeling, but I am guessing its probably much colder up where you are, so I am counting my blessings. Hugs to all!!!! Have a great day!!! :D

hmmarshall
11-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm in SC ands it's chilly here!! count down to the baby's due date december 25!!! 32 weeks and counting!!!!!

neptune08
11-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Popping in real quick...day two of more stupidity...so tomorrow after work I am applying at a different facility. Enough is enough. If they don't want to treat people with respect, they can watch my back end walk out the door! I hate mean people.

Good to see everyone around! I'll write more this weekend when my brain isn't so fried!

whiskeylullabye
11-02-2006, 09:41 PM
YAY FOR A NEW MONTH!

I totally forgot that it's a new month :( lol

PattiD1157
11-03-2006, 10:19 AM
I guess we are having a heat wave for the moment. 46 degrees. Tonight is my last night of the security academy. Soooooo looking forward to being done. I tell ya some of the take down moves hurt me more than the person I was taking down I think. LOL Maybe it's just age catching up with me. Tonight is the pepper spray....and a final test. YUCK....but I will be done.

MurphyGirl
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm in SC ands it's chilly here!! count down to the baby's due date december 25!!! 32 weeks and counting!!!!!

Hello and welcome to the FC!!! How exciting to have a due date on Christmas Day!!!

Ann

Kbsles
11-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi Ladies,

Its been a long time since I've checked in with you wonderful women. I just wanted to say I hear ya on the cold. I hate it Brrrrrrr!!!!! LOL!!!! Give me spring or summer any day of the week.

Kenny and I are doing ok, we've had a few bumps in the road here lately which will require a long heart to heart tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be fine. I am so looking forward to seeing him.

His stupid facility has been locking down at every turn. I wish those younger guys would get a clue that fighting ain't the way to get by in there. I'll never understand that gang mentality. Kenny says the gang leaders direct the younger ones to attack others, and there you go, next thing you know the facility is locked down, no visits, no calls....ugghhhh. :mad:

Thank God he's one of the "old timers" lol!!!! I don't have to worry about him doing stupid sh&t, just saying stupid sh*t.:p

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Les

PattiD1157
11-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Les, it's good to see you back here with us!! It's been way too long!!
hmmarshal....congrats on the upcoming new arrival!!! Make sure you let us know when the blessed bundle of joy gets here!!

Well time to get ready for my last night of training. I have been so freaked out about it all day. It's almost like I feel my skin burning before the OC spray ever hits it. LOL This is going to be an experience to uhhhhhhh remember??? :D :D :D :D
Maybe once I am all certified Les I should go to Kenny's facility and talk to those kids. Give them the mom talk and the why's and wherefore's LOL Tell them I am going to send you next since they keep making it so you can't see Kenny!

Have a great evening all!!

neptune08
11-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Good morning!!

Well, it was great to sleep in, although my neighbor decided that 4am was a great time to continue his drunken party OUTSIDE! Moron was outside in shorts and a tshirt and it was in the 20s!

Hmmarshall, congrats on the upcoming arrival! My son was also due on Christmas, he decided to join us on the 20th.

Speaking of, I had this dream last night that Don was home and we were expecting ANOTHER boy! No, I'm not pregnant, it takes certain actions to do that. But, I was crying in the dream and Don said "I could have a football team!" Jumped forward a few months, and he was born. Last thing I remember was making a bottle and Don holding the lil one to feed. It was nice, maybe God showing me a slice of our future when he gets home.

I worked day shift again yesterday with that nasty nurse again. Someone must've talked to her, because she showed alot of appreciation. She even assisted me with getting a resident up! She offered! When I told her thanks, she said "anytime I can help..." WOW! We worked together on a procedure with another resident, that she asked my help with, and at the end of the day, she told me I did a great job and that she appreciated my help. Thank God for answered prayers!

I'm working evenings this weekend, but at least I got to sleep in a bit!

Patti, goodluck on your test! I know you'll do great!

Ann, I hope all is well for you!

Whiskey, how are things on the other end of the country? I'm praying your meds have been properly adjusted and that you are getting some much needed sleep. Insomnia is extreme cases is just as bad as drunk driving and insanity! The body needs a shut down time, to rest. You're always in my prayers! As with everyone else!

Les, it's good to see ya around! I'm sorry to hear about the lockdowns! That irritates me when they do that! Currently, it is 27 degrees here in Ohio! We missed the snowbelt by just a few miles, so luckily, we didn't get hit with all that lake effect snow. But, it's coming.

Well, I think I'm caught up for the most part now. I'm praying everyone has a great weekend filled with fun and love! I'll be around more this weekend. Back to days on Monday. But, tuesday and wednesday are my days off, and I'm still planning on applying at another facility. Unless these people give me a $2 raise, I'm not sticking around much longer. A friend that I work with was in tears Thursday with how she's been treated. She's a single mom, and barely survives with her income, and then they treat her like crap for reporting abuse on a resident. It's more paperwork for them, and I guess they don't like doing paperwork. BLAH! My mom worked at this facility back in 1992, and she said it was crooked back then also.

Anyway, I'm off to drink some coffee and relax. I'll see yall later!

PattiD1157
11-04-2006, 10:57 AM
I am officially certified to carry OC spray now. Lordy Lordy Lordy if that wasn't an experience. I didn't even do the level 1 where you get blasted in the face I whimped out and did level 3 which would be the contact that you have in a riot situation. My lungs still hurt. When I cough my head hurts. I even had the Sgt from one of the facilities tell me that if I want to do my internship at his facility just email him or call and he will talk to his LT and get me going. I just got out of the shower and my hand is still burning from the spray. So glad I didn't do the shot in the face. LOL My boss sent pictures....insane.

OH!!!! I forgot to tell you I got a 100% on my final written test!!! WOOOHOOOO MEEEEEE!! lol

Em77
11-04-2006, 04:47 PM
G'day all hope your weekend is going great.
I had the best surprise my Bro who lives far away came over for a surprise visit. It was great. I nearlly fell over when he walked in the door!

Way to go 100% thats great! Pats on the back for you.

Hugs and smiles to you all.

PattiD1157
11-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Em, that had to be such a wonderful surprise to have your brother visit!! Thank you for the pat on the back, I am pretty proud of doing so well on the test. I just wish I felt better after the oc spray incident. Everyone I have talked to feels like doggy doo doo today. LOL guess that's what we get for wanting to be certified to carry the stuff. Don't recommend anyone being in the position to have to deal with that. Icky stuff for sure!!
I just had to deal with skateboarders on campus here. Lack of respect is running pretty high with these kids these days. I know one of the kids and believe me it took all I had to NOT use the take down methods I have learned these past 2 weeks! :D Ended up calling the police department and having them trespassed. I don't understand what part of NO SKATEBOARDING they don't understand. Well off to check out some more forums and then back out in the dark.

PattiD1157
11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Where is everyone at? This thread has gotten so quiet. Atalie???? where are you girl? Everyone is just disappearing. :( :( Come back and play!!! We miss all of you!!

whiskeylullabye
11-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm here. I've been in San Mateo all weekend, trying to sort some things out. I'm going back to Sacramento today, I'm worried that my fish are dead because they haven't been fed in two days.

The new medicine is working ok, it's not giving me headaches or anything and it's not making me crazy. The new sleeping pill is amazing, no bad side effects, no drunken feeling, I just get tired and go to sleep, it's very nice. I'm glad it's allowed for longterm use and have no risk of dependency.

I'm just depressed and I can't snap out of it. I'm trying to do some temp work but the woman at the agency hasn't called me back and in two weeks I take the test to see if they will hire me as a police recorder. I hope that it goes well.

Saturday I spend the day with my cousin which was good, we went to the aquarium a couple hours away and mobbed around. She's growing up so fast, she's 14 now and was asking me all these questions about drugs and sex and drinking and boys and school and I was wondering if this is what it's like to have a little sister.

Anyway, I'm starving, I need to go to the bank, the grocery store to get a sandwich and then head on back to Sac.

MurphyGirl
11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Im here Patti!! I know that i haven't been around here much lately! I'm dragging butt for some reason...I need something exciting to happen!!!

Whiskey!

Hope that you feel better soon! Hope the fish are alright too!

Ann

Kbsles
11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Morning Guys, oops, afternoon!!!! Guess you can see I'm really with it today!!!

Well, Kenny & I are having issues......and have been for a few weeks now, nothing major, I hope, and to be frank, the issues are more on my side than his. It is so difficult to get these things resolved under these conditions. Ugghhh. How much fun can it get???? Guess its what I get for choosing to love a man in prison.

I think the poor man is having to deal with a woman going thru hormonal hell. The doctor says its called perimenopause and it is playing hell with this old girl. Lets just say I've been a pleasure for everyone to be around, lol!!!!! Hopefully I'll be getting this issue resolved soon.

Patti, sounds like you've been having all kinds of fun too, yuck!!!! Sounds like some of the training my son has had to go thru in the Navy. He had to get shot with pepper spray!!!!!:eek: He described it much the same way that you did.

Well guys I hope this week goes better than last.

whiskeylullabye
11-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Well my one fish, died and has disappeared so it was eatten by something, so I went out and got a replacement, but the other fish are fine, so that's good.

Leslie, I hope you get the issues worked out.

Atalie
11-06-2006, 11:16 PM
HAPPY FALL! HAPPY NOVEMBER!
Good to see some new faces here. Patti congrats on the test, how is the new place going?
Anne are you flooding? I saw on the news Wash state is getting hit hard.
Elicia, do not ever let me hear you say "just a nursing assistant" again! they could not operate without nursing asst's I know because i worked in one of those places. We had a few nurses who treated the nursing assts like crap but they each ended up getting fired. It sounds like someone had a talk with little miss nurse beetch!
JKB good to see you! I know just what you mean about those youngins, my brother says the same thing, where he is they get locked down constantly, it is so annoying. He just wants to do his time, and not be hasstled.
Whiskey, sorry about your fish, I am thinking about getting a fish tank and a bird also. how are your love birds doing? I want a Rottweiller but I don't think that is going to happen.
Strangest thing happened, charley got an e-card from Chicklet. Now the strange thing is she never sent Charley cards, Cracker did. Someone has posted pictures and things on her myspace, but they never answer my messages. I have left messages begging for information but they never give any. When I do finally hear from her I am going to find out who was on her computer and we are going to go kick some butt! Are you all with me? LOL Pattie have that pepper spray ready, and I will bring the visine. Unfortunately the flying monkeys only fly for Chicklet. I am just checking in, I have not been feeling well for awhile now and I may have to go to the Dr.s soon.
Destiny! how the hell are you?

whiskeylullabye
11-06-2006, 11:20 PM
My lovebirds went to a sanctuary. The female bird got sick, so I took them both to the vet who said he'd send them on to a sanctuary and that they were sick when I got them.

Fish tanks are a lot of work, well at least reef tanks, like I have, and they are expensive until you get them set up and stocked, but nothing is more beautiful and soothing. The colors are so much better than freshwater, which I have had before. I just love fish.

I was just thinking about Chicklet today, I really hope that you hear something about what's going on soon! I miss her and I want to know that she's ok.

Hope you feel better. I'm going to get going and watch some CSI: Miami and then go to sleep.

Kbsles
11-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Whiskey, the fish tank sounds awesome, but it does sound like a lot of work, I'd bet expensive too!!!! I love birds myself and have had several in the past. Lovebirds are beautiful but pretty noisy. I am wanting to get a quaker parrot, they are suppose to be nearly as good talkers as the african greys, without the same sticker shock!!! I always stop and look at the love birds when I'm at the bird shop tho, they are so gorgeous.
I think Kenny and I are over the hump, we've been back together over two years without any problems so I guess we were due. I was telling him that really, when we got together he was at a work release center, so when I was able to see him, which was at a church, it wasn't anything like prison truly is. He's been back in a medium for over a year now, so in truth, the past year is actually my first taste of what prison is really like, so I think I've just been going thru an adjustment phase. Does that make sense???

By the way, a question for you older gals. Have any of you ever heard of endometrial ablation therapy???? If you have, any information you've heard is appreciated as I am considering undergoing this procedure.

Hey Atalie, nice to hear from you as well. I hope your brother is doing well. It is frustrating to have the younger guys cause problems for everyone. I swear they are so clueless!!!! They have been having lots of problems in several prisons here lately. Kenny says its all gang related. What a waste of time that crap is. So crazy. I'll never understand it.

neptune08
11-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Good morning all!!! What a nice day for sleeping in! I can't tell ya how much I needed that sleep! I think I have alot of catching up to do! I read the posts, but could not write much, I've been knocked out with this stupid job.

Atalie, let me tell ya...I LOVE being a Nurse Assistant. Even more, I'm learning that I love assisting the wound care nurse, giving me inspiration for what I would like to focus on once I finish school. But, overall, I love working with and comforting these people in their need. That's why I get bent out of shape when "the rude nurse" comes across me so mean. I told my DON, I know who I am, I know my job and love it, but I will not play the politic games that people want to play. I found out a few days later, talking with "rude nurse" that she has been a nurse for 18 years, and she's tired of it. She asked where I'd be going to school at, and I told her my other option of Occupational Therapy, and she said "go into therapy." She said nurses get burnt out, everything shoved on them, and she's plain sick of it. I responded, I guess that explains why you're always frustrated. It was a nice adult conversation with her, and she chooses me to assist her in wound treatments.

I have a week's worth of letters to catch up on as well with Don. He's doing well, sending me scriptures to brighten my day, and writes all the time about the future. I sure hope it's like he dreams, that'll be beautiful.

JKB, I have endometriosis, and have tried various therapies. Reading up on your question, it seems they remove the endometrial lining all together. I've personally haven't done that (yet) but have undergone several surgeries to fix my problem. I've also tried 2 types of hormone therapy, which I will say this, IT SUCKS! The first time I was 19yrs old and put into menopause! The same at 23, another dose of hormone therapy threw me into menopause and drove me insane. I currently just deal with it and use my birth control, although I still have severe pain every month, or every week, depending on when "Aunt Flo" decides to visit. Let me know what the results are, I'd like to hear more.

Patti, I'm super proud of you and your accomplishments!

Whiskey, I have my lil beta fish, that's all...I enjoy the birds outside and feed them often, to keep them around...there's a nice variety we have...mostly, I'm a cat person...but I would love to see a coral reef tank sometime! It sounds beautiful!

Well, the rain is coming down and we are cleaning the house today, and I've got a weeks worth of letters from Don to catch up on...I'll check in later!

Take care everyone!

whiskeylullabye
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Leslie, I decided no more birds for me. They make too much of a mess, and I just can't deal with that. They throw seeds, lol. I was vaccumming a couple times a day when I had those lovebirds. Parrots are so intelligent, they have the mental capacity I think of a four year old child, which is pretty impressive. They live forever too. The sad thing is when people get parrots, and then have to give them up after a couple of years, sometimes they get mean towards their next owners...

I know several people who have endometriosis, I don't know if any of them have gone through what you're talking about, but I do know that they have had surgery and told me that after the surgery (which was just to remove some of the scar tissue I think) they went on birth control and that's what worked best for them.

Elicia, I thought I was a cat person until I remembered how needy they are, when I move again I think I am going to get another dog if I can't take mine. I miss her the most. My tank isn't beautiful yet, but it's getting there, I'm trying to stock it slowly with coral and livestock, it'll take a few months, but yah.

Have fun catching up on those letters! Rick and I haven't written each other for going on 10 days now. I wrote him twice...I think he got sent to the hole though, I don't know for sure. Last night when we were on the phone he got called in to see his case manager and then he hasn't called me back this morning. So we'll see if he calls over the next few days or not.

Well my sea hare, which is really just a sea slug, but I loved him, got eaten by my powerhead last night in my tank so I need to go buy a new one. Catch you all later!

neptune08
11-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Good morning...hear's an old joke to make yall laugh!

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys. The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.

Well, Lena is hired at the Tickle Me Elmo factory and she reports for her first day promptly at 8:00 AM. The next day at 8:45 AM there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door.

The foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee. He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is
backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.

The personnel manager decides he should see this for himself, so the two men march down to the factory floor.

When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle
Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up.

At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of
Tickle Me Elmo's.
She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles.
The two men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo's legs.

The personnel manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes
of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Lena.
"I'm sorry," he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face,
"but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday..."
"Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles.

HAHAHAHA! I love this one!!!

neptune08
11-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Medical Bloopers

1. A man comes into the ER and yells, "My wife's going to have
her baby in the cab!" I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab lifted the
lady's dress, and began to take off her underwear.

Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs - and
I was in the wrong one. -----Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Antonio, TX.

2. At the beginning of my shift I placed a
stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest
wall. "Big -breaths," I instructed. "Yes, they used to be," replied the patient.
-----Submitted by Dr. Richard Byrnes, Seattle, WA

3. One day I had to be the bearer of bad news
when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial
infarct. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the
rest of the family that he had died of a "massive internal fart."
-----Submitted by Dr. Susan Steinberg, Manitoba, Canada

4. During a patient's two week follow-up appointment
with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having
trouble with one of his medications. "Which one?" I asked.
"The patch. The nurse told me to put on a new one every
six hours and now I'm running out of places to put it!" I had him quickly
undress and discovered what I hoped I wouldn't see. Yes, the man
had over fifty patches on his body! Now, the instructions include
removal of the old patch before applying a new one.
---Submitted by Dr. Rebecca St. Clair, Norfolk, VA

5. While acquainting myself with a new elderly
patient, I asked, "How long have you been bed-ridden?" After a look of
complete confusion she answered..."Why, not for about twenty years - when
my husband was alive.” -----Submitted by Dr. Steven Swanson, Corvallis, OR

6. I was caring for a woman and asked, "So how's your
breakfast this morning?" "It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I
can't seem to get used to the taste" the patient replied. I then asked to
see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled "KYJelly."
-----Submitted by Dr. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit, MI

7. A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a
young woman with purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a
variety of tattoos, and wearing strange clothing, entered.
It was quickly determined that the patient had acute
appendicitis, so she was scheduled for immediate surgery. When she was
completely disrobed on the operating table, the staff noticed that her
pubic hair had been dyed green, and above it there was a tattoo that read,
"Keep off the grass." Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a
short note on the patient's dressing, which said, "Sorry, had to mow the
lawn." ----Submitted by RN no name

8. As a new, young MD doing his residency in OB, I was quite
embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams. To cover my embarrassment
I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly. The middle-aged
lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and
further embarrassing me. I looked up from my work and sheepishly said, "I'm
sorry. Was I tickling you?"

She replied," No doctor, but the song you were whistling was, "I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener".
Dr. wouldn't submit his name

Hope yall like these!

neptune08
11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
I love sharing these with yall! It's good to laugh!!

Who Says Men Don't Remember Anniversaries????

> A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in
> > their bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him.
> > She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in
> > front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the
> > wall.
> > She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his
> > coffee. "What's the matter, dear?" she whispers as she steps into the
> > room, "Why are you down here at this time of night?"
> > The husband looks up from his coffee, "I am just remembering when we
> > first met 20 years ago and started dating. You were only 16. Do you
> > remember back then?" he says solemnly.
> > The wife is touched to tears thinking that her husband is so caring, so
> > sensitive. "Yes, I do" she replies.
> > The husband pauses. The words were not coming easily. "Do you remember
> > when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?"
> > "Yes, I remember," said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside
> > him.
> > The husband continues. "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my
> > face and said, "Either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail
> > for 20 years?"
> > "I remember that too" she replies softly.
> > He wipes another tear from his cheek and says...
> > "I would have gotten out today."

whiskeylullabye
11-08-2006, 10:46 AM
LOL, those are great Elicia.

MurphyGirl
11-08-2006, 12:17 PM
LOL!!!! Too funny!!! Thanks for the Elicia!!!

Ann

Atalie
11-08-2006, 09:20 PM
LOL!! Elicia I loved the anniversary one.
Whiskey, I was just thinking of a reg ole freshwater tank with fancy goldfish. I may stick with a parakeet. Sorry your birds did not work out, I know they can be fragile. Hope everyone had a good day.

whiskeylullabye
11-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Atalie, I love goldfish. Now I have to feed one of my fish goldfish and I feel guilty every time I throw one in the marine tank.

PattiD1157
11-10-2006, 02:10 AM
it's so sad that our FC seems to be fading away. :( I have the next 3 days off and boy do I have my work cut out for me. Ann hasn't done a very good job of keeping the rain in her neck of the woods. I am sure I have so many things ruined from all the rain that has been here. I am going to have to see what I can do to get that mess out there cleaned up. Not counting on it but hoping my son will let me use his pickup. He's been kind of cranky lately and not sure why. Could be that our cell phones are shut off. When I am the only one paying bills here and who knows what he is doing with his paychecks. He is working 40+ hours a week and making more than I do. Sucks when he can't pay back money he has borrowed from me. Guess I am just being cranky right now. He moved in with his dad before my daughter brought the baby home from the hospital. I couldn't get much out of him when it was time to move either. Ok I am done complaining for the moment. :D
Off to bed....this gal is cranky tonight. G'nite all....

MurphyGirl
11-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi all! I've been unable to get much computer time as lil diva is home from school for most of the week and she's hogging the computer!!
I promise I'll post more next week.... That's if my back doesn't go out on me...I'm feeling the beginnings of a slippage here!

Ann

Atalie
11-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Elicia, I e-mailed my hubby the anniversary joke and he e-mailed me back that he still loved me and I was probably better then prison anyway! LOL
Patti I feel for you, kids can be so selfish sometimes! I can't believe they were not around to help you out more. I hope you don't have too much of a mess. How did you manage 3 days off?
Anne, I hope your back is ok, I know what that feels like when it goes out. How is your hubby doing, you haven't mentioned him lately. Is Diva's hair still that long? It is beautiful.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Eternal Hope
11-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Hugs to all, seems like I am working all the time now. I hope all are well and hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!

MurphyGirl
11-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Atalie! Unforuntately Lil diva had her hair cut before school started. It's between her shoulder blades now and has long layers....it's pretty cute and she's getting alot of attention from the boys....not too sure I like that at such a your age, she's only 11!
Yeah I know I haven't been mentioning hubby much lately.... He's not my favorite person right now and so the less I think of him the better!

He and his mama think they can sit up in the visiting room every other tuesday and map out my life for me.....AND his mama is like a tabloid news reporter...telling him everything going on in my house...of course she's got her own spin on things!
She's sending him large amounts of money every month and he's spending it as fast as he can on junk food so he's almost 300 pounds....He's not even thought of once to ask her to not send him as much one month and to take that money and buy his daughter some shoes or whatever...
BUT he's promising my daughter stuff that he expects me to pay for and I can't afford it..... I dunno, it's not a good situation...

Anyway, Did anyone see the happy birthday thread for chicklet? it about made me cry! I sure do miss her!!!

Holly!! Take a rest!!! Don't burn out!!!!

Ann

Kbsles
11-10-2006, 05:19 PM
I think there must be something in the water with the lifers, I swear. I have talked to a few of us this week who have been having issues with their men. Me included, ugghhhh.
I am trying to work thru my issues w/Kenny and hopefully eventually I will get there. One day at a time is all I can do right now.
Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about hubby and mom-in-law. You are a strong woman and I know you will get your point across.
Hearing you talk about your daughter reminds me of how things must have been for my father and mother at one time. There are four of us, three of them being girls,:eek: :p They actually made it thru without killing us, tho I know they were more than tempted with me.!!!! ;) I have no daughters, only sons (thank you God). I think He knew I could not take daughters!!!! :D Really, I wanted one so bad when my last son was born, I cried when they told me he was a boy. Does that tell you how long ago it was since I didn't know prior to his birth what his sex was??? Seems like everybody these days always knows the sex before the birth. I wanted to delude myself as long as I could that I might possibly have a girl.:rolleyes: ;) Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll get a granddaughter.

Holly, don't work yourself to death girl. I hope you are doing okay.

Patti, I hear ya about the son. My oldest came home for one day this week and wrecked my bathroom after I had cleaned my house from top to bottom. I wanted to kill him, and I don't think I would have been convicted!!!!:p

Happy weekend to all I missed!!!!

MurphyGirl
11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Les, lil diva is my long awaited daughter. I had two sons before, both whom are much older than my girl....I was dancing on air when i found out that she was a girl...she's been my life ever since. Not one moment of trouble out of her so far, hopefully the karma gods will be kind to me!!!

As for our lifers...I just don't know what in the heck has gotten into them! They must be on a selfish streak or something!!!

CJ!! Girl, I've been looking for you!!! Im ready to chat!!!!

ann

neptune08
11-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Don't post me as M.I.A. just yet! I'm around! LOL

I can't express enough how badly I want to quit my job. I applied at another place, and am waiting to hear back from them. My current place runs me to the ground, because we are under-staffed, severely. I've worked before with minimal staff, and got through. But, this is insane! Everyday, I'm asked to work over, everyday I tell them no. I worked 12 hour shifts ALL last weekend, and got burnt out.

When Don was in Iraq, him and his mom used to plan my life. Where I would live, what school I should go to, etc. I had to shut his mom out of my life until she figured it out, I take advice, but NOT demands. As for Don, he was only trying to be a part of our lives, just didn't do it the right way.

I hope you guys get stuff figured out, it's gotta be tough...I'm praying for everyone!

Ann, I miss our chats! Tonight is my last evening shift, and then I'm on days permanantly. It's nice though, because I get to see Robert every evening. Our mornings were fun together, but our evenings are better. I always loved fixing dinners, and now I can for my family. But, if I get another job, chances are that I'll go back to evenings. It's hard to get hired for days in this field.

One BIG issue that keeps me in Ohio, and convinces me to stay after Don gets out is my mom and my brother's lack of responsibility. I worry about my mom, and who will take care of her if anything ever happens. When she was diagnosed with hypoglycemia, she didn't want to play by the rules. I was in Alabama at the time, and spent hours on the phone, talking her into doing right for herself. If I left (which Don and I are considering) after he comes home, I don't trust my brother to help her out. He makes promises that end up broken...My dad is here to help, but he's not any younger either. I know I worry incredibly too much, but it is a worry. I just fear that if Don and I moved back to Colorado, if something happens to my mom, I'd feel GUILTY. But, Don and I are the type to ultimately do what's best for US. And, reading some of his recent letters, he's missing Colorado as much as I am.

Anyway, I have to tend to Robert this morning...he's not feeling well. I'll try to write more later or tomorrow. I'm off tomorrow but have to shop for a baby shower. Fun Fun!

love yall!

Atalie
11-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Elicia hang in there, I hope you get another job, but it probably wont be any different. They are all understaffed I am very famialiar with being asked to work over every single day, it sucks.
Anne I bet her hair does look cute, I can't believe your MIL does not help out her own grand-daughter. If she has extra money she should be helping you, not helping her son have a heart attack!
JKB sorry you and Kenny are having problems! Hope things get better.
I did not see the tribute, where was it? That is so nice, I hope she gets to see it. I put a bunch of BD graphics on another site. Can I say that?
Patti, I know you are working hard today! Enjoy your days off.

PattiD1157
11-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Well I got more boxes emptied today. Still not enough though. Ratt has been on the run again for a week. He stopped by last night and he was let in the house to see his son. I let him come back tonight and told Erika that if there was one cross word he was gone. Well he had the "guts" to ask if he could stay here tonight and tomorrow night since he had no place to stay. I told him I would think about it. All the time Erika is in the background shaking her head no...not that I was going to let him stay anyway. I finally told him it wasn't a good idea and went into my reasoning. I did bring up the day that Blain was born. I asked him "do you remember when Blain was born and you went off on me at the hospital?" He looked at me and nodded. I said "I told you the only thing I did not want is for this little boy to see his dad leaving all the time" Whoa that his a soft spot :D He went on about how he was a *F*up and all that. Well it wasn't long and he was yelling at Erika outside telling her that she didn't even do anything to help him. Then he was out side and had a razor blade. Erika came back in the house saying something about it. He came in and ran upstairs. I told her to look on the back of the stove and see if that blade was still there. It wasn't. She got mad, ran upstairs yelling some not so nice words at him telling him to give it to her and blah blah blah. All of a sudden there was a blood curdling scream from her as she yelled "MOM". I tore up the stairs like you wouldn't believe. He said something to her and then said that he was going to do it right here. I did get the blade from him and believe me it took all I had to not kick the living dog crap out of him. I told him places earlier to call to find a room. He called salvation army and the ywca. They got him a room and then all hell broke lose here. The dogs almost got him and he knows them. They don't seem to do anything when they are fighting but when I went up there screaming at him telling him to give me the blade or I was calling the police on him right then. He kept telling me that it was his blade. I said if I go down and check and the one is gone from the back of the stove it's all over. He finally gave it to me. What a night, now I am waiting for Erika to get back here from dropping him off.
she did tell me she is much happier when he isn't here. DUH!!!! Aren't we all???

neptune08
11-12-2006, 07:54 AM
What a mess Patti...you're a great mom and grandma, no one deserves that trauma and drama in their lives. I'm glad your daughter has realized what life is without Ratt around.

I had a tough night last night at work. If I can hang in there two more weeks, I will get my bonus and be able to pay Don's truck off. It's just tragic, almost devastating how understaffed we are. And the people who are still there are so terribly trained, it's dangerous. I left that place in tears, I'm not sure exactly why. I'm supposed to be cheerful, loving, compassionate to my residents, and I'm so insanely rushed, it's not fair to them. I understand Aides being busy, but this is pure insanity.

I miss Don...we are nearing the end of the 90 day program he's currently in...we have 29 days left before they transfer him...I just think that in 29 days, I will hear his voice again, and I can plan my visits again...this has been a long stretch for us, but we're making it....

Anyway, I'm off to write Don a letter...then I'm headed to the store...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Take care!

neptune08
11-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Well, it's Monday, hope everyone has a great week.

I was supposed to work this morning. However, Robert woke up throughout the night getting sick and crying terribly. I called my work at 1am to call off. I'm kinda waiting for my boss to call me this morning to ask questions, but I don't care. My SIL's mom is a nurse at a small facility, and she's already got me an application and talked to the DON, who wants to hire me. They offered me $2 more an hour, with less hours than what I currently work. More money for less hours, I figured the math out. It's also 2 miles from Robert's school, so instead of driving 45 miles a day, I'll cut it back to maybe 15.

Don is nearing the end of his BMP. I have 28 more days and I'll hear his voice again. I can't believe how anxious I am to talk to him. Each day closer, I get more excited. I desperately need to hear his voice. I know his accent is getting stronger, and I tell ya, that southern man can sweep me away ANY DAY! LOL

Anyway, Robert is feeling better, finally. He's been running my schedule for two weeks now, and I think it's worn him down. I'm worn out, I can't imagine him running 100%!

I'll be around all day, I'm not going to work until tomorrow, that is, if I still have my job there. LOL, I just don't care though. If I were to lose my job, it would only give me a week or so off of work until I start the new one. A little vacation!

Ann! Hope to catch ya today! Take care everyone!

MurphyGirl
11-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Patti!! You are too kind,Girl! I would of grabbed a rain coat and pulled up a chair to watch him slit his wrists!
Of course i would of been disapointed because that little Ratt would no sooner take his own life than he would go out and get a 9 to 5 job to support his son!! It's just never going to happen!
He was seeking sympathy from you both and manipulated the situation so he could stay! He just infuriates me!!

CJ!!! I hope you get the new job!! Think about all of the extra time you'll have to spend with your son!!!
I'll be around for most of the day try to catch me after 9 am PST!!

hugs to all!

ann

neptune08
11-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I'll be here! Grab a raincoat!?! LOL Too funny!

I have the job in my hands, just gotta sign the papers, which I'm doing tomorrow. My SIL Brandi (brother's wife), her mom knows all of this situation, and is incredibly supportive. She also knows my work ethics, we've known each other for over 10 years. I'm excited to have this oppourtunity, it will definitely make this time easier. I tell my MIL, it's not the stress of our situation that drags me down, it's simply my job. I am not overwhelmed with grief for Don being gone, although it sucks. I am overwhelmed with my job, how hateful and downright dangerous this facility operates. And, simply, I want nothing to do with it. I am dedicated to notifying state after I leave.

Anyway, enough whining about that place. Can't wait to chat!

Atalie
11-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Elicia congrats on the new job, lets see more money + less hours! even I can do the math on that one. LOL
Patti, that sounds like a horrible situation! I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am with Anne, I would pull up a chair and watch that one two!!but like Anne said he is morely likely to get a 9-5 job then to kill himself. And we know that aint gonna happen. LOL Sounds like Erica is beginning to see the light! Lets hope so! We need a new baby picture!!!!!!!!
I talked to my son last night and got ideas for Christmas for the grandkids. Jivan who is five wants Lincoln Logs and he needs some sweats, Logan needs pajama's and a couple of pullover shirts, and a piggy bank. I think I can handle that. I offered to get them a puppy! but he said NO! LOLI am cleaning all this week, I have company coming on Sat and then on Tues I pick up my guest from England. I am so excited about that. I hope everyone has a great day.
Elicia I am glad Robert is feeling better.

PattiD1157
11-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Ratt is not allowed in my house to even see the baby. Erika is going to get all the paperwork done so she has full custody. Since there IS domestic violence involved I don't think she will have any problems. She and I talked yesterday. The day before he was arrested last time he beat the holy crap out of her at the motel. She has a black eye, not bad but if you really look you can see it. It was from the other night. (Friday night) She said she didn't even see it coming when he hit her. She said all of a sudden she was laying on the bed and he was there with her telling her he was so sorry. She is scared to death of him. He hasn't tried calling today, but yesterday he tried so many times. I could check the caller ID and count them all but not sure I can count that far this early. She should be able to take the papers to the court tomorrow and start the proceedings for custody. Now that I know more of what ratt has done, the violent side of me has emerged after all these years. I so want to hurt him and I don't know that I will be able to hold back next time I see him.

MurphyGirl
11-13-2006, 10:59 AM
CJ!!! The rain coat is so i wouldn't get any blood on me from him cutting into an artery....

Atalie!! I've got about half of my christmas shopping done...can't say what i am getting cause lil diva reads this thread sometimes!

Patti!! I can't see any problems with Erika getting full custoday! That little punk is no good! GRRR!!!!!!

Ann

whiskeylullabye
11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Rick and I broke up this morning. The horrible thing is that I know it's what is best we're both miserable, but I love him so much. I feel so alone, I don't have any friends here and nobody to cry to, but my heart is so broken.

It'll mend, this time we won't be back together in a week, unless he changes in a huge way. I can't believe I just had to leave the love of my life..

Eternal Hope
11-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Whiskey, I am so sorry for you hon, remember we may not be right there where you are but we are here for you and you are in our thoughts. HUGS!
Patti, I am so sorry things escalated to that point, but once Ratt is out of the way things will be much smoother. Thank heavens Erika and Blain are okay, not to mention you !!! ((((((( Patti))))))
Les, prayers that things turn around for you and Kenny quickly. They seem to have these spells dont they? And we just have to get thru them somehow, with the help of our friends... (((((((((Les)))))))))))))
Atalie hugs to you!!!!
Ann, as I said in previous thread, I am keeping you in my prayers as well. Hang in there, this too will pass.......
Great to hear about the new job Elicia!!!!!!
Love to all!!!!!!

neptune08
11-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Another day of Robert being sick...I am finally taking him to the doctors. It's sad to watch, he does decent during the day, but the moment he lays down, he can hardly breath. We spent all night trying to get him comfortable. Even with medicine and being elevated, he still had a hard night. My work is PEEVED with me, but I really don't care at this point, LOL.

Well, off to eat breakfast and get him to the doctors. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Whiskey, you're in my prayers...we're still here for ya when ya need a friend. I'm sorry things didn't go the way you wanted. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to. But, there are rewards for sacrifices, I promise you that much. Hugs to ya girl!!!

MurphyGirl
11-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Elicia!

I hope your little guy gets better soon!

Whiskey!! How are you feeling today?

Ann

whiskeylullabye
11-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I don't know how I am today, Ann. I haven't slept, and I haven't eaten anything except some chocolate, which did not cheer me up, by the way. I wrote him two letters, I can't help it, he's still my best friend and I'm worried about him because he's so depressed. We'll see if he calls today, it's kind of like a double edged sword, I'm going to be worried if he calls, and worried if he doesn't and both will make me upset.

I'll be ok, it's all ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's the end. I just feel numb - to everything.

Elicia, I hope Robert feels better.

neptune08
11-14-2006, 12:31 PM
My friend Whiskey, I am sorry, but I understand the numbness...I think we all have experiences with numbness, it's a step in grieving...just try to take care of yourself.

Well, back from the doctors. Robert spiked a 103 fever in the waiting room! He fell asleep on me, which NEVER happens. He got an antibiotic and a decongestant. No school for him tomorrow, which means no work for me tomorrow. My boss is really NOT liking me today, and when I call her, she'll be fuming. But, ((((shrug)))) what can ya do? Welcome to the life of single (but married :-) ) mom.

I guess I'll be around all day, so I'll talk to yall later!

MurphyGirl
11-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Whiskey, The chocolate didn't work!? wow!! LOL!

Girl, it's going to be hard for a while but keep focused on what is best for you right now. Your ex is focusing on what he needs and so you don't need to worry about him!

Heal yourself first!!!

CJ!! Hope the fever goes down quickly and his conjestion clears up!
Hows your moms foot doing?

ann

whiskeylullabye
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Elicia, that's a high fever! Hopefully the meds will work and he'll be feeling better soon. Your boss needs to get over herself, you have a child and that's where your responsibility is.

No Ann, the chocolate didn't work :( No matter how hard I try I do worry about him. He's been so depressed lately and pushing EVERYONE that cares for him away that I'm worried he's going to hurt himself. All of the breaking up aside, if I could afford it I would be making a trip out there to see him. He's not in a good place and I don't think he knows how to ask for the help he needs. I love him, romantically and as a friend, and I know it's going to take awhile to let go of the romantic part, but the friend part -- I'll always be there. He's my best friend. I'm doing my best to heal myself, I have only cried a few times today and resisted the urge to cut off the bears head that we named after him (just kidding, but not really). I know I'll get through this, it just takes time.

Atalie
11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Whiskey, so sorry about you and Rick, a big hug to you. I guess it is even harderwhen they are your best friend as well.
Patti, hope Ratt hasn't been back!
Elicia, hope the little guy feels better now.
Holly how are things going? Still working hard?
hope everyone else is doing ok.
I spent the day cleaning and will do the same tomorrow, except for my bible study in the morning.

whiskeylullabye
11-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Atalie, thanks. It is really hard. I don't know what's going to happen to us, or our friendship the most I can do is take it day by day. Have a good time at bible study tomorrow! I'm going to clean tomorrow :)

whiskeylullabye
11-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Morning guys!

I haven't been able to sleep in two nights, this is day number two now of being hopped up on energy drinks to keep me up. For the last two years everytime I closed my eyes it was Rick that I thought about, and now I can't close them without crying. I still haven't heard from him, which is actually kind of a blessing, and I know that I'm going to get through this.

Anyhow, going back to the Bay Area tonight or tomorrow and will probably be gone for a day or so, I have some doctor's appointments I need to go to. I've been watching TV and cleaning for like 8 straight hours and I don't think I've gotten anything done. Although, I did learn some interesting new things from the Discovery Channel. LOL

neptune08
11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
I feel your hurt, Mandy...I hope you're headed in the right path with the doctors...I'm prayin for ya...and Discovery Channel is great!

Robert is headed to school tomorrow, and I am headed to work, to turn in my two week notice!!!! I am done with them!!! It's actually a big relief! I think I've complained about them since I started there!

I'm headed to bed, so glad to have yall here! Hope everyone has a great week! Love yall!

Oh, and by the way! My Don's best friend is gonna be a DADDY!!! I am soooo excited, I had to share it with yall!!!! He's the "war buddy" that Robert calls his uncle. Never had kids, and he's GREAT with kids!!! He's gonna be AWESOME!!! Of course, the baby will be born in Germany, but he'll be back in the states when Don gets out!!! WAHOOO!!!!

MurphyGirl
11-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Whiskey!!!Try to have some fun while you are gone!!!!! Do something nice for yourself!!!!

CJ!! Go get em girlie!! Tell them that you found something better!!!!

Well hubby surprised me today.....just when i thought i had him turned around and seeing things my way.....that jerk told me i needed a spanky!!!!!:o :eek:

guess he's needs a little more dog house time!!!

hugs to all!!!

Ann

neptune08
11-16-2006, 06:50 PM
A spanky??? What on earth is this???

Well I only have one little piece of info...Robert went to the dentist today...and my years of persistance have paid off....NO CAVITIES!!!

Yes, once again, I'm glowing! Can't wait to tell Don, cuz he used to pick on me for "hassling" Robert about his teeth.

Hope everyone is doing good! I'm off tomorrow!

whiskeylullabye
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey guys I just got back from San Mateo. I had an ok time. It was nice to get away for a day. Saturday I have to take the Civil Service exam to see if I can qualify for that police recorder job, I'm nervous.

I haven't heard from Rick, which is unlike him under ANY circumstances, so I'm wondering if he's ok, or in the hole. I really hope I hear from him soon. Since we're broken up I don't feel comfortable calling his family and asking, plus he told me he hasn't called home in 3 weeks. I doubt I'll get any mail ... I hope that he's not in trouble and that he's ok.

Today was a good day, I haven't cried yet. But at the same time I have literally gotten three and a half hours of sleep over the last three days. Heres to hoping I'll sleep tonight.

PattiD1157
11-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Atalie, Ratt is gone to rehab again. He isn't welcome in the house when I am here. Erika let him watch Blain the other day but the conditions were he goes no where and does NOT take the baby out of the house. He abided by those rules which surprised me. I told her that she better let him know that the rules will be followed or there will be a problem!!

MurphyGirl
11-17-2006, 01:14 PM
CJ!!! A spanky is a spanking!!

Whiskey...I think your ex is just trying to give you time to come to terms that your relationship is over. You want to remain friends, but he might be worried that you won't let go if he contacts you too soon??? Good luck on the recorder job!!! I hope you get it...you need some happiness right now!!

Patti!! Ratt Traps!!!!! They are cheap and effective!!!!!

LOL!!

Ann

PattiD1157
11-17-2006, 01:26 PM
well let me tell you Ann....him leaving for rehab is the best birthday present I could get. The fact that Erika is seeing an old boyfriend is a good thing too. This guy realizes that he wasn't the best boyfriend to her before and is really trying to make up for it. All we can do is hope for the best and hope that Erika realizes that she doesn't want to be the battered woman any more. She will be 21 next month and she has already endured more than any woman should from a man.

MurphyGirl
11-17-2006, 04:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY,PATTI!!!!

:hee: :wave: :yay: :bow: :clap: :rock: :haha: :dance: :hifive: :beer: :grouphug: :thumbsup: :D :o

PattiD1157
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
thank you Ann!!! :)

neptune08
11-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday DEAR PATTI!!!!!

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND MANY MORE!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PattiD1157
11-17-2006, 09:38 PM
awwww thank you Elicia!!! What a nice singing voice you have!! :D

Em77
11-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Hey all,
Happy B'day Patti.
Hugs and Smiles to you Whiskey, hope you are feeling better.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend, I had a great visit with Hubby today and got to spend time alone together, it was so wonderful.

PattiD1157
11-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Em, I am so happy that you got to visit!! How exciting getting to spend time alone with him.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. All in all just another day. But the kids were all here so that was good.

My youngest has started the pushing thing again. Maybe it's time she go live with her dad if she is going to keep this bologna up. Emotionally I can't keep doing this.

I did get a letter from the man I am so deeply in love with the day before my birthday. I was afraid to open it. His handwriting has gotten to the point where you almost can't even read it. It was in pencil so that makes me wonder what's going on. Generally the only time he writes in pencil is when he's in the hole. BUT...he did ask for some gamecube games and all that. What to do....what to do....

whiskeylullabye
11-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Happy Birthday Patti!

whiskeylullabye
11-18-2006, 09:12 PM
And wait, they have gamecubes where your man is?!

MurphyGirl
11-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Patti, I know you love this Man deeply, but where does he get off asking for anything!!!!!!
He has had you in a perpetual state of uncertainty for months and he finally writes asking for game cube games?
I probably have missed something here because I doubt if you would even be pondering sending him any under these circumstances!

em77!!

I'm happy that you got to visit with your man!! I know I need some "one on one" time with my guy to get our marriage straightened out. Right now it's hanging by a thin thread!

PattiD1157
11-19-2006, 12:09 PM
yes, Whiskey they can have things like that where he is. Not sure if his mom sent one like she said she was going to or what. When it comes to him anymore I just don't know what's going on. Maybe he should ask his mom since she is the one that started the riff that's going on right now, the one that is so convinced that I am having guys stay here to pay my bills. I still get so flipping angry when I think about that. Life would be a heck of a lot easier if I did. He has no clue how hard I am struggling financially. Right now I am almost counting the days until I get my financial aid for school so I can once again get everything all caught up. It takes every dime I make to keep this house going and then I am behind on payments. Pretty sad when you have to struggle to buy toilet paper and laundry soap. Ok enough of my whining, I have been contemplating on the letter I am going to send back. Well time to get busy as we have to finish cleaning off the carport today. We did have fun yesterday. Erika and I laughed so much with some of the things we found. Including a rubber snake that my son had so much fun scaring me with. I borrowed his pickup to take a load to the dump and when we took it back we put it on his steering wheel with a note "remember me?" One time I was in the shower and he threw that snake in on the bathroom floor. When I shut the water off I could hear him in his room across the hall laughing for all he was worth. Well I opened the shower curtain and there was that snake....you can bet I let out one heck of a scream which in turn caused him to laugh even harder. Then there was the time that he put it in my bed. That kid was constantly doing something like that.

neptune08
11-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh bless your heart Patti...wait, bless his heart for surviving such incidents! I'm sure Robert will be the same typical boy when he's older...he already hides and scares the crap outta me!

Hey! While we're all requesting some "alone" time with our guys, can I put in a request!?!?! I've got 22 days until I can hear his voice! Watch out when I get a chance to have him alone! HAHAHAHA!

We went to see "Happy Feet" after work today....SOOOO cute!!! I admit, I was in tears...not by the movie, but by all of the children in the theatre were dancing just like the movie! A bunch of 4 & 5 year olds jammin! Mom and I went, and took Robert and my neice!

Well, have a wonderful night everyone!

PattiD1157
11-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Some alone time would be awesome with my man. Then I could find out what in the blazes is going on. I feel him pushing further and further away. He made a comment in his letter about closing the outside world out all together. I guess if that's what he chooses to do I can't make him do otherwise. All I can do is keep loving him until he tells me that it's over for sure.

whiskeylullabye
11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Patti, I'm sorry that you are going through all this. Rick shut me out completely, I still haven't heard anything from him and I waited until he told me it was over too. I hope that you guys can work it out though.

I think that when they are in prison they lose perspective of our struggle, they think that just because we're working, or living out here that we have to be getting by when we aren't.

Eternal Hope
11-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Yikes, Patti I am so sorry I missed your birthday.... been working so much and so many hours dont know if I am coming or going. Happy Birthday Patti ( belated :( )
Hugs to all, I need to take a break and get caught up here!!! :)

MurphyGirl
11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Gulp....ah, gang...things aren't going too good for me right now....please don't be alarmed if i am quiet for awhile...i need to get my head together and think about some things...
I'll be checking my PM's so if you need to reach me just go head and PM me...

Ann

whiskeylullabye
11-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Seems like things aren't going well for many of us right now. It hasn't been the best year. Ann, you'll get through anything you're going through and you know we are all here for you.

robs_angel
11-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone !! I miss you lady's !! I have been sick again but still trying to stay on my feet and not let it get me down this time! I am so far behind on my bills I will never see daylight now lol!

Hope everyone is doing well and is staying well!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Em77
11-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Hi ALL,

Is it to do with this time of year and the problems going on. Look at how far you have come and how much you have been through. I hope it works out for everyone here, your a great bunch of people who deserve the sunshine in your hearts.
Hope your feeling better Robsangel.

We had a great visit and yeah I find the one on one time is a saviour to us.
Well I am sending you all HUGS and SMILES and hope this brings a touch of happiness your way.

neptune08
11-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Well....looks like I need to write some things...been busy for a few days...

Patti, and Ann, I'm sorry things are a mess right now. I can't imagine what yall are going through, but I am praying hard. I don't understand, but the anticipation of holidays makes people do weird things. For both of you, keep smiling. You both have plenty to stay hopeful for, and alot of times, hopeful faces help others see who you really are.

Ann, maybe our praying over everything else left one thing out...praying sometimes for our own sanity. I hope to talk to ya!

Whiskey, I hope you're handling things okay. Again, I can't imagine...but I continue my prayers...

Robsangel, I pray that you start to feel better...nothing like feeling sick on top of our ALREADY HECTIC lives...HUGS to ya girl!

EM, I'm glad you had a great visit....I don't think anything in the world can top a great visit!

To everyone else, I love you guys!

Well, I am having my own issues. I quit my job...I had such an anxiety attack yesterday, and pretty much went crazy...I had a friend take me away from everything, until I could settle on some truths. Truth is, my job stresses me worse than my husband being in prison. My nurses scream at me so terribly, I don't recall a time in my life being treated this bad. And, it's not like an abusive husband, it's my boss!?!?! I have considered the fact that, maybe I'm the only one there who respects myself enough to NOT accept this kind of treatment?!?!?! Because I'm the only one bold enough to say, I don't like this AT ALL! It has become a question of ethics, I've never had to deal with this. I was never taught to scream at people. Raising voices is not a way of communicating better. So, I guess because of my choice in ethics, I am the one who quit.

And, welcome to the holidays and all its stresses. Over a year ago, I had an aunt who committed suicide, based off of her husband and children's brunt of anger towards her. After 30 years of marriage, children and grandchildren, everyone decided to tell her how terrible she was at it all. Well, for some reason, those same people are showing up at my uncle's house for Thanksgiving. My mom said as much as I hurt over this, to consider her hurt, because she was her sister. I respect her position, but I don't think I've dealt with this personally. And now knowing that I have to sit at a table with them, I don't know if I'll go.

Anyway, I continue to pray over everyone. I hope everyone has a good day!

PattiD1157
11-22-2006, 03:04 PM
The holidays are pretty rough on me and if I had my choice, I would just sleep through them. I haven't done holidays well for several years and this year is exceptionally difficult. Emotionally I am not doing well and I am praying that things get better.
I haven't been around nearly as much as I should be, I have been doing some checking on my forums but that's about it.
Holly, it's ok that you missed my birthday. Just another day.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Love ya all!!

Atalie
11-22-2006, 08:45 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
I picked Brie up at the airport yesterday and we spent today chatting and getting ready to leave tomorrow morning for Hazelton. We had a brief scare because my brother got sent to the hole for a few days but is out now. ( he got in the middle when a CO was roughing up and older inmate) he was charged with insubordination!!Anyway all is well now. I will visit tomorrow and maybe Friday evening and again Sunday afternoon. I will drop her off every day for visits. I think we will have a good time, but I expect I will be homesick a little. Paul is already showing withdrawel pains! LOL
Anne sorry you are not doing well, I hope it gets better soon.
Patti sorry you are having so many problems also.
Elicia! you go girl LOL, hope you have a nice holiday.
Whiskey hugs and kisses
Robs Angel hope you get to feeling better soon.
EM77 you sound so happy! Enjoy!!
To anyone I missed hope all is well.

neptune08
11-22-2006, 09:17 PM
I have nothing new, but felt compelled to write...I actually had time this evening to really play with Robert, instead of come home crashed out...I also had my neice over for a few hours...Robert behaves like the small brother, he can really push her buttons! I swear one of these days, she's gonna knock his tiny butt out! LOL

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving. I have decided to go tomorrow. I put my heart in God's hands, He will help me deal with these issues. Besides, my aunt wouldn't want me angry.

Take care everyone!

whiskeylullabye
11-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Em77
11-23-2006, 05:31 AM
Just wanted to share that I got to speak to my niece on the phone tonight. I have not spoken with her for some time she is 3yrs old and they use to live around the corner and has moved 5mths ago, I have finally been able to save enough to buy the plane tickects to go and see her, nephew and of course my sis & her partner. I cant wait it will be so good.

CJ9600- I worked in what sounds like a similar work place and yeah NURSES!!!!!! I too had to leave. I hope you find work quickly.

We dont have thanks giving here but hope you all had a good holiday.

HUgs and Smiles to you all.

PattiD1157
11-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Em, I am sure that you are so excited to go visit your family! How fun!!

I am at work, and will stick around here for a little while, go home and cook and keep coming back here to make sure everything is ok. One good thing about the holidays is that we are somewhat on a "on call" status. I will take the cell phone and radio home with me so if someone needs something I can come back. I would like to sleep the time away between now and after new years but I can't so I will deal with it the best I can.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO EVERYONE!!!!

whiskeylullabye
11-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Well Thanksgiving is over and I'm glad. It was so hard, because for the last two holiday seasons I have spent the whole time thinking about how wonderful it would bewhen Rick and I finally got to spend them together. This Thanksgiving I had to fight that urge the whole time. When it comes to Rick and I right now it's like there are two camps, the let him rot and stop writing and talking to him camp and the don't give up on him yet camp. I've been sleeping in the let him rot camp but my heart is in the don't give up yet camp, but I don't know how long I can be so torn for.

Anyhow, going to go to sleep and then drive back to Sac tomorrow.

PattiD1157
11-25-2006, 11:33 AM
One holiday down and 2 to go. All I can do is hope that they go fast.
Miss Piggy.....I see you down there!! Hop right in and join us!!

Miss everyone!! Have a great weekend!!! Back to the office for homework since classes resume Monday.

neptune08
11-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, I will be resting for a few days...seems that I am coming down with the flu, or just a serious, nasty cold! I made it through Thanksgiving fine, and already got some gifts for Robert. Hope everyone else did their best with the holiday. Take care, I'll try to come around when I can. Love yall!

PattiD1157
11-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Elicia I hope you get to feeling better!! The past couple of months hasn't been super good for anyone around here. Better days ahead I hope!! Well back to my paper for criminal procedure on warrantless searches and seizures.

PattiD1157
11-26-2006, 11:52 PM
I wanted to post some pictures of Blain's first Thanksgiving and his first bubble bath the girls gave him. Poor kid....he's gonna think he has to have bubbles all the time. I remember his mom was like that. LOL

Eternal Hope
11-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Awww Patti, he has grown so much!!! He is adorable!!! Babies help make Thanksgiving even more special :D Happy Thanksgiving to all, and hope everyone has a blessed week ahead !!!

PattiD1157
11-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Thank you Holly! He is grammy's boy for sure. Today was Zane's birthday party. I got off work an hour early so I could see him and his mom just "happen" to have an appt at 2:15 so I didn't get to see him. My son gets to start having him without crystal there which will be nice because we will get to see him on weekends. I am looking forward to next Sunday getting to spend a little bit of time with my other grandson.
Well off to bed for me. It has been a long day. Back to school tomorrow. The Thanksgiving break would have been nice if I wouldn't have had to work.
G'nite all....talk to you all soon

Eternal Hope
11-27-2006, 12:11 AM
That is great news Patti!!! It will be great to have both grandsons there to enjoy together!!!!!!! :D

neptune08
11-27-2006, 08:25 AM
My mom always bounces off walls to get both grandkids together! Hours later, she's pooped!

I ended up being good friend to an old co-worker of mine, she called distraught (sp?) over her "almost over" boyfriend. At the same time, she was doing a book report for college on Dr. Phil's latest dating book. All I can say is thank God I'm married. I would be lost in the world of adult dating if I had to be out there.

Patti, that baby is adorable! Robert loves bubble baths also! I think all kids do for some amount of time...

Well, I've got nothing else to write, so I will talk to yall later! Hope everyone has a great week!

babygirl350
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Well I see alot of us are suffering the holiday blues and hubby and I are also suffering them. Although we had a two day holiday visit, the blues I am afraid are here to stay until we get to New Years Day.

I have been overloaded with stress mainly work stress so I can identify with you CJ. I admire you for getting out of it. Stress is a killer for sure and since we spend so much time at our work, it should at least be tolerable. Respect above all is needed.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I hear that movie "Happy Feet" is a huge success.

Here is hoping for better days for all of us. One day at a time, we will get through this someway, somehow.

Remember hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal. I haven't given up hope and hope no one gives it up. There is great strength in numbers.

My very best to each of you.

whiskeylullabye
11-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Baby, it's great to see you in here!

The Holiday Blues has everyone down.

I'm about to go to sleep. I got a job at Starbucks, I start Monday. The pay is literally less than half of what I usually make, and I will probably only be working 20 hour weeks, but I need a job right now, any job...

neptune08
11-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Congradulations whiskey! I know you're taking a pay cut from what you're used to, but being an active worker will help you! Not just financially, it will give you something to be proud of, and also something to make the days go by smoother.

I am slowly getting better...I wake up feeling decent, then by the evening, I'm worn out and coughing all over! Thank God for good medicines though! At least they're helping me sleep. Sleep is SO important in life, so many take it for granted. THat's your shut down time, to recooperate what you put your body through during the day.

Anyway, that's enough blabbing for me. I'm making some phone calls today, but will be around. Hoping everyone has a great Tuesday!

Has anyone finished their Christmas shopping already? Just curious...

MurphyGirl
11-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi babygirl!! It's good to see ya posting!!!! I'm feeling better and am out of my slump...hubby is coming round slowly althou he's not out of the dog house altogether!
Whiskey! I think that Elicia is right, just being active and having something to do will make you feel better.
Elicia, glad to hear you are feeling better!

Ann

whiskeylullabye
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Elicia, I'm glad you're feeling better. I never take sleep for granted! I have insomnia big time, LOL.

Yah I'm glad I got the job, at least now I'll have something to do :)

Ann, glad you're feeling better too.

neptune08
11-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight! I love this time of year!

MurphyGirl
11-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight! I love this time of year!

I tried to get lil diva to watch it with me but she wasn't interested!
She has her own favorite Christmas shows and movies.

Ann

whiskeylullabye
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Ann that's so cute! My favorite is either A Christmas Story or the Claymation ones with Rudolf, I can't remember what it's called!

MurphyGirl
11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I loved Rudolf the red nosed reindeer....it made me cry every time!
My favorite christmas movies are

A Christmas Story..
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation..
And of course 'Home Alone'

Ann

whiskeylullabye
11-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh I forgot about Home Alone!!

Well I'm about to go run some errands, I have some friends coming over tonight to take advantage of my DVR, I'm going back to San Mateo on Friday and then I have a date Saturday or Sunday.

Tonight should be fun, actually it's Naz who's coming over, I've really been keeping her at a distance but they moved here and I'm lonely LOL.

neptune08
11-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Every year, my brother and I watch the marathon of A Christmas Story...no matter what part of the country I'm at, he always calls to remind me!

whiskeylullabye
11-29-2006, 01:20 PM
That is SO CUTE

PattiD1157
12-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Well this semester is almost over. I turned in a failing paper. I hope I humored my instructor when I attached my red pen to it. LOL then in my next class that I had the same instructor, she said that the pen made her laugh and she loves it. Hope she feels that way when she looks at my "paper". I asked her if she gets happy when she drinks. She said it depends. (I don't drink) I told her, "Lets go have a couple of drinks before you grade my paper" I thought she was going to die laughing. The other paper that was due today she was generous and gave us more time to do that and make our website. I am having a heck of a time with the website. Can't get things on there that I want. Good thing I have respect for the computer in the office or I would have broken it tonight. So this weekend amongst everything else I have to do I have to do a power point, a website and finish my paper. Then all I have left to do is finish one more paper. That one is already 13 pages. Two more tests to take and I think I am done. I am going to do the extra credit stuff for my Criminal Procedure class which means defining all the terms at the end of the chapters. We get 3 points for each one. If I do all 15 chapters that will add up and help the grade.
Well I am going to scout around PTO for a bit and then head to bed. I am mentally and physically exhausted. BUT....I have 3 days off. :D

neptune08
12-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Amidst everything else you have going on in your life! WOW Patti! I helped a friend with her book report for a psychology class...I learned alot from that experience...I'm so used to the "read, write, finish the report..." instead of actually using your brain...I had fun, but thankfully I didn't have the stress of the class. I'm anticipating starting school, to get it over with. I will feel better about who I am once I get into school. Not that I look down on myself, but it's time I accomplish what I've been wanting to. It's time to unleash the full potential!

Well, it's buckle down time here in Ohio...we're next in line for the bad weather....I'm watching this closely b/c I fear the ice most of all! It's 57 degrees right now, but by this afternoon, we're supposed to DROP 30 degrees! And I wonder why my joints are hurting?

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend!

whiskeylullabye
12-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Blah, hey guys. I'm supposed to be going out with that guy this weekend but I haven't heard from him and I don't know if I should call and ask him if we're getting together or not. Oh well, it is what it is.

Patti, good luck on that paper.

CJ, hope the weather gets better for you.

Everyone else, hope you have a great weekend!

Hey, where's Atalie?

Atalie
12-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Hello everyone! I got an e-mail from Chicklet!!!! YAY!!! She is much better still has some trouble with her left side and sometimes her speech. She uses a walker in the mornings and evenings. She was released from the Rehab and was going to her new place yesterday. First time she has seen it, it is brand new and no steps. Also she is on the list for a liver transplant!! I am so happy to have finally heard something. I love Christmas movies too!! I watch them all!!!!!!
Patti hope you figure out that power point thing, I don't think I could do that. Good luck on your other paper, at least your teacher has a good sense of humor
Whiskey, hope your date calls and you have a great time.
Elicia, how the heck are you? Is Robert getting excited about Christmas?
I spent Thanksgiving with my brother, it was nice to see him 3 times. The woman from England was very nice, but her BF is an ass. He kept getting called up to be told to keep his hands to himself and finally on Sunday they kicked him out. He just never stopped asking for favors, We picked her up at the airport which took all day, spent 4 days in Bruceton Mills which cost me $300.00 and Paul took her back to the airport and still that was not enough. I guess I have learned my lesson, don't volunteer to do big things for people you don't know well!! And my brother who does not like him has to now deal with him all the time. Oh well! At least my visits were good.
Hi Holly and Babygirl!!

neptune08
12-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Good question...

The weather wasn't as bad as first thought, which is good...we did get ALOT of wind, and the temps DROPPED fast! Now, it's just cold...BUT, all the wind blew down tons of branches...which means! BON FIRE! LOL!!!

Yes, I played with fire again! LOL! It's 29 degrees outside, but next to my fire, I was sweating! HAHAHA!

Anyway...got another letter from my baby...he's doing as good as could be expected...gonna send another letter today...

Whiskey, hope you're doing alright...have you started your new job yet?

Well, my evening consists of wrapping presents and watching Hallmark shows...I'm turning into my mother everyday!

whiskeylullabye
12-02-2006, 05:13 PM
ATALIE!! I AM SOOOOOOOO GLAD that you heard from Chicklet! I wish she would stop by, I REALLY miss her. Please send her my love.

Well the date is a no go. No big deal. But now I'm stuck here and I should have stayed back in San Mateo for the weekend. LOL, oh well.

Elicia, the new job starts Monday 10-2...Blah I'm bored.

Atalie
12-02-2006, 08:19 PM
We had a blessed warm spell, but it is getting colder now. It is in the 30 right now and is not suppose to warm up.
Whiskey sorry about your date. Chicklet will check in as soon as she is able. Her computer is still at the store so she can only check in from there.

neptune08
12-02-2006, 08:53 PM
WOW! I'm so glad to hear Chicklet's doing better! I will probably cry the first time I see her name here! Oh, I know you've been sending her all our love!

I'm headed to bed...I was just so glad to hear more news from Chicklet!

whiskeylullabye
12-03-2006, 03:19 AM
I'm headed to bed now, it's been an interesting night. Night guys.

MurphyGirl
12-03-2006, 10:08 AM
I've got tears in my eyes!! Thank You God for answering our prayers! Please keep our Chicklet on the road to recovery!!

CJ!! You are dangerous with those bon fires!!!! PSSST...for those who don't know....never leaver CJ alone with matches.....she's such a pyro that she even set her Mom's couch on fire once just to watch it burn!!!!

I finally got the house decorated yesterday, The tree's up, the lighted garland is on the mantle along with the stocking holders and there are christmas candles everywhere!
Today i am going shopping with lil diva and a friend to get some finishing touches and then we are going to wrap gifts while we watch Christmas movies!!
Atalie!! You did a good deed and yes, you might of gotten taken advantage of but at least you can say you helped someone out! all that doesn't mean you have to do it again!!!

Chicklet!!!!! Just in case you are able to read this.....I've missed you something aweful!! I hope you can come back to us soon!!!

hugs and love to all!
Ann

neptune08
12-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Ok, so for those who don't know...LOL, yes I'm a pyro...but the couch was intential, LOL, because my mom got new furniture and said I could! :p

Besides, it's not like I was sneaking behind the couch with matches and caught it on fire...although...I did get in trouble as a kid for sneaking around with matches...LOL! But, as I explained to someone, my mom learned that the best way to deal with a pyro, is to help with the "fixes." LOL, she has 4 seperate trash bins, cans, PAPER, food (compost) and regular trash. The paper bin is strictly mine for burning outside...yeah, I'm sure yall are laughing, shaking your heads. LOL Hey, whatever works right!

I'm glad you got your tree and decorations up, Ann! I believe I am actually going a TAD overboard with my decorations...everyday I'm buying new ones...today I bought my son his own mini-tree with lights and tiny ornaments...we put it on his dresser and on Christmas Eve, I'll put a small present under it...

Yesterday, I got him a Radio Flyer Tricycle, red, with a bell on the handle. I had him write a letter to daddy, asking him for it. I have it at my uncle's house until Christmas. I also wrote, explaining the plan and asked him to write back with an answer to him. So fun, this time of year!

Well, I'm headed to my brother's house. I'll talk to yall later!

MurphyGirl
12-03-2006, 03:28 PM
LOL!!! CJ! you know that i like you when i start teasing you!!! LOL! I thought the story about the couch was cute, but I figured I'd get a bigger reaction if i told it my way!!!!

Ann

Atalie
12-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Anne, I am glad I did it. she was a very nice person and easy to get along with. But, NO I will not do it again. I did not take my brother into account and how all this might affect him.