View Full Version : What does this custody level mean for Missouri inmates?

NaievNewlywed
10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Ok - sometimes I understand and sometimes I don't but I pretend to! :D

He got all his stuff taken care of and his custody level went from a 4 down to a 1. What exactly does this mean? Is this really good or doesn't really matter or what?

mjd
10-18-2006, 03:06 PM
It means that he will need to be moved to an instituin that handles level 1. I believe St Joe is one. Please check to MODOC web site to confirm.

NaievNewlywed
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
So he could be transferred? We're waiting on a decision from the Parole Board that could be as early as December - would he still move do you think?

MrsPhillips
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes they will, but the answer will follow him were ever he goes so dont worry to much.

Christy
10-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Ok - sometimes I understand and sometimes I don't but I pretend to! :D

He got all his stuff taken care of and his custody level went from a 4 down to a 1. What exactly does this mean? Is this really good or doesn't really matter or what?

Are you 100% sure that his level is a 1? I do believe a level 1 is parole. It could also be a halfway house. You need to call the board and find out what it means. I'm almost positive it means parole, but I don't want you getting all excited for nothing.

NaievNewlywed
10-19-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm positive it's a 1 - that's what Miss Ritchie told him. I'm hoping it's parole - but we're still waiting on an answser.

He said at WMCC - they do house level 1 in a particular wing so he may switch wings - but he won't be transferred unless he requests it. He said he will NOT go to St. Joe anyway...he'd go all the way to Algoa first.

Christy
10-19-2006, 08:40 AM
I think work release is also a level 1. I will ask my husband when he calls. I know he's told me this before, so I could be wrong!

Gameiel
12-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I am an ex offender who served time in Missouri, at South Central Correctional Center in Licking. C-1 custody level is minimum security, and is essentially the same as C-2. The only difference is that in order to be classified as a C-1, you have to have less than a year before your release date. Both C-1 and C-2's are minimum security, and are eligible for work release and early parole consideration.

They also take other factors into consideration when determining if you warrant being a C-2 or below, such as prior convictions, or whether or not your conviction was as a violent offender (manslaughter, murder, rape, aggravated battery, etc.)

leeperjeeper
12-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Welcome to PTO. Your input will be very valuable. They also take into consideration if you have prior escape attempts on your record. And I don't believe you will be allowed off site work release if you have an escape attempt. And I appreciate your explanation of C1 and C2. My companion is in Algoa with a C1 classification. He got that classification as soon as he completed OCC. He said it is a good feeling to work yourself down from a C5 down to C1. His journey is almost over.

I am an ex offender who served time in Missouri, at South Central Correctional Center in Licking. C-1 custody level is minimum security, and is essentially the same as C-2. The only difference is that in order to be classified as a C-1, you have to have less than a year before your release date. Both C-1 and C-2's are minimum security, and are eligible for work release and early parole consideration.

They also take other factors into consideration when determining if you warrant being a C-2 or below, such as prior convictions, or whether or not your conviction was as a violent offender (manslaughter, murder, rape, aggravated battery, etc.)

nursecrachit
12-02-2006, 09:14 AM
was reading your above post. a couple of questions... what is a CS?? and if you are a C2, non violent, no escapes attempts, no right ups, and have a 3 yr sentence at 50% can you still get early out before that 50%(18 months) is up?

nursecrachit
12-02-2006, 09:21 AM
ley me clarify.. the CS i saw on a sight that had posted a sentence time of 25 yrs then behind it it said 15 CS.

leeperjeeper
12-02-2006, 11:17 AM
was reading your above post. a couple of questions... what is a CS?? and if you are a C2, non violent, no escapes attempts, no right ups, and have a 3 yr sentence at 50% can you still get early out before that 50%(18 months) is up?

The CS means consecutively which means that each sentence will be ran separately. If there is 25,15 CS, then each one would have to be ran one right after the other. CC means concurrent so if there is 25,15CC, then the most he would serve would be 25 years because those sentences would all be running at the same time. CS is the worst one to have.

I am not sure about your second question. I know from talking to the parole board that the most they can have reduced from a sentence is 6 months. And that has to be like you said, not a violent crime. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

mandy2002
12-05-2006, 02:53 AM
no if the courts ordered him to do 50 % on 3 years then thats what he'll do. My ole man has 85% on a 10 year sentence so he isnt even aval. for parole for 8 1/2 years, doesnt mean they'll get it though.

leeperjeeper
12-05-2006, 05:34 AM
I thought I read that your guy is at OCC. They usually don't go there until they are within a year of going home. They don't like to send them there and then put them back in main line prison for any length of time. But you never know that they will do. Mine had a year left after OCC and they made him do 6 months of it because he had a violent felony.

mandy2002
12-07-2006, 07:01 PM
he is supose to come home in May.... IF he gets sent to the main line prison thats what he'll do... the judge explained it all

Kattiara
03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
My fiance told me he was rated a level 1. hes still sitting in county awaiting transfer to the state prison. i know he has to go to bonne terre for a 30 day evaluation. the judge did not specify an amount on the time he absolutly has to serve. can you tell me what this might mean. his public defender told me he would only have to serve 15% of his 4 year sentence. Can anyone tell me what might happen.

Kat

Christy
03-23-2007, 07:17 AM
With him having his parole revoked that many times, it's possible he will have to do more that 15%, but with the overcrowding, he may not. Level one is the lowest level they can be, which can be the half way house, parole or work release.

Until he is evaluated at ERDCC, it's impossible to know what they will do.

Kattiara
03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
thanx but just to clarify hes nver been on parole befor and hes never had his probation revocted till now does that make any diffrence.

Christy
03-23-2007, 05:04 PM
thanx but just to clarify hes nver been on parole befor and hes never had his probation revocted till now does that make any diffrence.

You mentioned that he violated his parole in another thread. It's about the same as far as bad in the judge's and the parole board's eyes.

It all depends on his needs as to where he will go. If he needs a GED, he will go to a place that offers education. If he needs drug treatment, he will go to a place that will offer that. It's hard to predict what they will do. If the judge didn't specify how long he had to do, it's up to him. He needs to stay clean, follow the rules and stay out of trouble while in. He will probably be given a parole hearing date as soon as or not long after he arrives at reception and diagnostics. That doesn't mean he will get parole, but he will get a chance to be heard. With violations, he may not get paroled the first time in front of the board, but he could...it depends on him.

I don't like sounding negative, but I feel it's better to not sugar coat when it comes to the DOC. You need to know what can and may not happen.

When it comes to dealing with all of this, do what I do...expect the worst and hope for the best. It's all you can really do. There is no predicting and there is no sure thing. Like I said...it's in his hands now and nobody can change the outcome but him. Just support him and be there for him. He has to do this on his own.

Kattiara
03-24-2007, 03:24 PM
thanx so much and we really appreciate all the support. thank you so much.

dlshort
07-10-2007, 07:02 AM

They also take other factors into consideration when determining if you warrant being a C-2 or below, such as prior convictions, or whether or not your conviction was as a violent offender (manslaughter, murder, rape, aggravated battery, etc.) i have a loved one at sccc and i was wondering if you know since you use to be there what hours are usually worked by an inmate at the barbershop and when do they have access to the phones is it all day except lock down???? and do you know dean goddard???any info is appreciated i just thought you might know thx

Christy
07-10-2007, 07:13 AM
i have a loved one at sccc and i was wondering if you know since you use to be there what hours are usually worked by an inmate at the barbershop and when do they have access to the phones is it all day except lock down???? and do you know dean goddard???any info is appreciated i just thought you might know thx

I don't know about SCCC, but at SECC, the barber only works sporadically throughout the day. Sometimes in the evening and sometimes in the day. Depends on the housing unit and how many guys want haircuts. But if he did work "regular" hours, it would be for a few hours in the morning between counts or a few hours in the afternoon between counts. As for the phones, they have access to them anytime they are not locked down, in classes or working. The phones are turned on in the morning and then after count at night.