View Full Version : Middlesex County Info Needed

metrogurl
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi all. I'm new to Prison Talk...Can Anyone help me with info on The Middlesex County House of Corrections in Billerica? Specifically, I want to write to an inmate there, and the only info I have is his name. I'm not sure if I need an inmate number or where I can get the info. Massachusetts makes it very difficult to get this info. ANY info at all would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks! Metrogurl

pristock230
10-18-2006, 09:14 AM
In regards to BHC you do not need an inmate #. They will still get the mail.

metrogurl
10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks so much!! I really appreciate the info. I'm in an awful situation here (as we all are). Everything has happened so fast. No time to prepare. I hear Billerica is awful. (I know all facilities are) I mean, is it worse than others?

boston mother
11-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Welcome Metrogirll. When my son was first put away at the age of 17 he went to Billerica. It is not concerded a "prison" per say. If one commits a serious crime, one goes to a state prison, like MCI Concord . I am sorry to say but my son has been to quite a few. He is an heron addict and always getting into trouble with the law. I guess with heron it is either that or death, which her has been pretty close to also.
The large main building in Billerica is very old. I don't think that they have done any inprovements on it even though I have not gone there in 15 years. I have a brother and sister who live in that town.
The visiting was very liberal when I went up there, example, a lot of kissing and hugging in the visiting room. Nothing like when my son was in maxium prison and one could not even "touch" each other even through one sat next to one another.One could not cross ones legs, one could not put ones arm over the chair etc. But I guess that is better than talking to them through a glass that I hear they do at another max prison=Walpole
Well, good luck. You and your family are in my prayers.

Isabel Solidad
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I guess i'm the resident Billerica expert round here. Billerica jailgirlfriends reprazent, yo. Sorry i'm a little late : P Have you been up to visit yet Metrogurl?

My boytoy has been there for a little over a year now. it's a pretty dreary place up on a hill (decaying early 20th century, a la shawshank redemption, if you ask me) but they've just built a spiffy new place in back. Well, you know, as spiffy as prison gets- it's got AC and a decent visiting area. There's also the work release program, which is the only unit on the grounds where you can have contact visits. The rest are all behind plexiglass, or if you're in the old building in a godawful room with plastic lawnchairs, plywood and screens. That's the sucky bit. If you're visiting you'll have to wait for a van to ferry you around to each of the buildings.

On the bright side most of the CO's are good-natured and helpful, and will get to know you a bit & be friendly if you're a regular guest. The kid who drives the van though? He's a maniac!

I'll be heading up there tomorrow afternoon, so if you see an elfy chick with long brown hair say hello ; )