View Full Version : Michigan Law- Parole violator- help

thug_girl2006
10-07-2006, 12:08 PM
My husabnd jeff tadajewski is going back to prison for fleeing the state and he is a parole violator. He has three prior felonies and is now facing another new charge of UDDA which is unlawfully driving away of an automobile. His last three felonies are: 1. Larceny in a Building 2. UDDA 3. Uttering and Publishing. How much time can they give him? Can they get him for an habitual offender. Any one that knows anything about Michigan law please I need some help. Well, I guess that's all for now. Thanks a lot.

Arlene marie Tadajewksi
Jeffrey lee Tadajewski
married: July 17, 2006

AmyLynn
10-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I dont think that anyone on here can tell you how much time he will get.. I wish you the best..

KMJoyner
10-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I think they way the law is enforced anything after your third felony you are considered a habitual offender. I am not 100% sure but this is how I understand the law to be.

PETOSKEYMAN2004
11-06-2006, 05:57 PM
1st felony = up to 1 1/2 times potential max on underlying charge
2nd felony = up to double the potential max on the underlying charge
3rd felony (and subsequent) = up to life if the underlying felony is 5 years or more; otherwise up to 15 years if the underlying felony carries under 5 years.

Felonies committed on parole are served consecutively..they are stacked sentences. Example: a person goes to prison with a 5 to 10 year bit, serves 5 and then gets out and catches another 5 to 10 year bit. The two 5's are stacked to make a new minimum sentence of 10. The two 10 year max's are stacked to make a new max of 20, so the new sentence is 10 to 20 with 5 years served; thus it would be another 5 years before he would be eligble for parole. Best bet.... TAKE THE PLEA BARGAIN!!!!!!

Alumni
11-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Habitual enhancements are often used as incentives to plea bargain, as in "Plead to the charge and we'll drop the habitual." Given the fact that the habitual is pretty much a done deal if the conviction is obtained and the prosecutor can prove the prior convictions, it's often a pretty persuasive tactic....

mrtimmyslady
11-15-2006, 02:57 PM
I haven't really checked this out so don't know how complete it is: I was on the www.michigan.gov/corrections (http://www.michigan.gov/corrections) web site today and saw a link about Michigan sentencing guidelines. You might want to check that out.