View Full Version : Any experiences in finding jobs in Las Vegas?

Cubana
10-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Has anyone had any good experiences in helping their loved one find employment here in Vegas? Almost everywhere they ask for a background check. My husband will be transfering in from CAlifornia and i wanted to know if anyone knows of any companies that hire ex-felons. Thanks Ladies.

Cindi-lu
10-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Many restaurants will be a little more leniant than other types of jobs, so maybe that would be a place to start? Also, some of the smaller construction companies might be an option.

Azeliea
10-08-2006, 11:47 AM
My boyfriend has had a few different kinds of jobs in Vegas, & he was a convicted felon. He's worked at a pool supply business, a pool installation business, He was night security at a car wash, and JCPenneys hired him. Oh also he had just been hired as a graphic designer right before he got put away.
I work for a big home builder & my department hired a guy who was a convicted felon. He past the skills test & thatís what we cared about most.
It can be done, jobs can be found. The key is to not let him get discouraged. You gotta keep trying.
Good Luck

Lyndsey1
10-14-2006, 10:04 PM
On the NDOC site today, i read the mins of the Board of Prisons Commisioners Meeting for July 11th. In that huge document, they mentioned 50 odd connections that the NDOC uses for placing inmates in jobs after release. They dont mention the businesses specifically, but later on in the document, they mention certain offices you can call for information. You might be able to get something good from it.

It's a long read though -- good for insomia :) However there were some public questions asked about parole hearings, Prisoner rights, ARs and other SOPs the NDOC uses. There is also an attachement that lists all the ARs that are being passed. Unfortunately, this are just general ARs, and diff prisons can use their own guidance in many cases, as long as they follow this general guideline.

Hope that helps :)

babyofantonij
11-09-2006, 05:14 PM
How in the world did you get him transferred out here from CA!! I have been trying for 3 years and he just keeps coming out here and going right back cause he has no where to go in CA

Cubana
11-10-2006, 04:37 AM
How in the world did you get him transferred out here from CA!! I have been trying for 3 years and he just keeps coming out here and going right back cause he has no where to go in CA

If you are married you just have his counselor 180 days before he gets released start his paperwork for an interstate compact transfer. He can leave the gate and come straight here.

Here's the info: www.adultcompact.com (http://www.adultcompact.com)

lovestruk
11-24-2006, 07:34 PM
OH MY GOSH! I did not know that....that is wonderful news! Thank you Cubana :)