View Full Version : Marriage in Colorado Prisons

StillRidin4Him
10-01-2006, 10:10 AM
What are the rules as far a wedding rings?My boyfriend and are i getting married next month and i need to know how to get his ring to him

gryphon175
10-01-2006, 08:54 PM
StillRidin4Him,
I think it depends on what prison he is at, but your man will most likely have to go through the prison Chaplain to get it approved. He needs to find out what he will be allowed. I believe that it is only a plain band, no diamonds. But as I said, he really needs to talk with the Chaplain about it all. Hope this helps, and Congratulations on your marriage!

NotSoPatiently
10-01-2006, 11:06 PM
What are the rules as far a wedding rings?My boyfriend and are i getting married next month and i need to know how to get his ring to him

Ed and I had considered ourselves married for a couple of years befor he went in. First of all the ring had to be sent directly from a jewelry place with the reciept inclosed. Yeah even though he had his ring for 1 1/2 years before he went in. I took his ring to Big J jewelry and pawn and explained the situation and paid them to package and mail it for me. Also they would not just take our work for being married. We had to sign a State Of Colorado Common Law Marriage affidaviate. He was sentenced Oct. 3rd last year and was finally able to put his ring back on his finger January 15th. It was a pain in the AS! but he was glad to have it so well worth it. We kept getting the run around from his case manager and I got several different stories so I finally just called the prison and talked to the properties person. She was the most help and once I did that he had his ring withing 2 weeks.

AlwaysThere
10-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Depending on where your man is located...most colo prisons...they can have a single band silver or gold and they just can't have any other stones. You have to have the jeweler mail it to the prison - you can not mail it yourself. Their case manager will then have your husband pick it up from them.

I only know bc My husband and I were married this past January and thats how we had to go about getting him a ring.

Good luck ~ Congrats!