View Full Version : Anyone know what this means? Husband's parole date is after max out date on Web site

nikkisep
09-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Just checked out the SCDC website. They finally fixed my husbands max out date (they had it several months later than what it was supposed to be) and also added a parole date. The parole date is three days AFTER his max out date. What does this mean? Could this change? I don't understand why they would even put it if it is after his release date...hmmmm

Kahlan
09-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Sounds like a mistake to me. It will probably change.

barky586
09-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Niki, if your husband is 85% (and I believe he is based on my memory of your case), he is not parolable period. That date means nothing. Remember - laws change and I believe this one will.

Kahlan
09-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I wonder why they post a parole date for 85%? Even guys with a life sentence have a parole date listed.

UNEXPECTED
10-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Just checked out the SCDC website. They finally fixed my husbands max out date (they had it several months later than what it was supposed to be) and also added a parole date. The parole date is three days AFTER his max out date. What does this mean? Could this change? I don't understand why they would even put it if it is after his release date...hmmmm

I was told because my husband date is like that also, his caseworker said when the date is after the max- out date, they won't qualify for parole, it is a mandatory sentence and they will just get the 85% time unless that percentage gets drop some and that is what I am praying for.

porshemel
11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
How does the precentage get dropped some? And why can't they go up for parole before they max out? Murders serving 30+ years go up for parole.

SUSIE_SC
11-08-2006, 12:01 PM
I really don't know how much time you are talking about here, but about parole. I think they have to do a certain amount of time before being eligible for parole. A lot of people has a shorter sentence than it takes to become eligible (maybe 2 years). For instance, someone gets 4 years and with good time credits and possibly the 51%, he does less than 2 years, that would throw him getting a max out date before a parole date. Now, if they do things while in prison to get charged for and their good time is taken away, it could be possible that the parole date ends up coming before the max out date. Does that make sense??

barky586
11-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Note that lifers convicted before the truth in sentencing act was passed are parollable, but those convicted after that date are not. Truth in Sentencing began in SC in 1996.

nikkisep
11-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Kurt told me that there is another guy in there with him who had the same offense as him who was sentenced to 7 years and does NOT fall under the 85 percent. After looking the guy up, I see that what he is saying is true....I've actually found a few cases that are like this while doing some research. (And it happened AFTER the truth in sentencing was put in effect...way after) Does anyone know why this is? It's very frustrating to me to know that some people are put under this while others for the same offense are not. Also, does anyone know where I can find information about the truth in sentencing law? Everything I have found is not clear in defining what falls under the 85 percent.

barky586
11-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Nikki, in Felony DUI, only when there is a "Death Results" does it fall under the 85%. If there is bodily injury or just a simple 4th time DUI, it does not fall under the 85%. When bodily injury or 4th time regular DUI occur, these cases are parollable, and I believe, those cases actually max out around 51%.

I personally feel that when there is bodily injury or death, these should be punishable the same. Either 85% or not 85%. It is the same act after all.

sabgolfer
03-26-2007, 11:44 AM
On the website the parole date was 2020 and then I looked the other day and it was 2024, is there any reason for that? He has not been to court or nothing has changed that he knows of. He went in prison in June 2005 and got 18 and 10 years consecutive. His max projected release date is 2027. I would appreciate any help in trying to understand this, thanks!:(

barky586
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Did he temporary lose a job - such as in a move? When my son-in-law was moved, he of course lost his prior job and until he was reassigned a job, his max out date changed (not parole - because he is not parole eligible). When he got his job, his date went back to normal. Keep watching it and inquire, in writing, to Jon Ozmint's office if you need to.