View Full Version : Private Family Visits at Kingston and Millhaven

Zawjatu
09-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Hello guys

Just wanted to know more about PFV (private family visits) at kingston and millhaven. I heard that they are both maximum security. So do ALL the inmates get PFV?? (I was wondering would someone like paul bernado get them lol) Anyway, if you do get them, how often are you allowed to have them? Can kids come along to spend time with their father?

In addition to PFV, do you get weekly contact visits? And how often? In maplehurst here we get 20 mins twice a week. Through a glass!! I hope this doesn't continue!!

I can't take this...!!

User9999
09-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like Maplehurst is a provincial jail and/or reception center. If that is the case you do not get PFV's there. As for PFV's at Millhaven and Kingston, I know they do have them but it depends on a lot of things. Inmate behaviour for one and their sentence and crime. If he is in for murder or sex crime or is a lifer then he does not qualify. Also if there is a history of domestic abuse or violence he will likely not get them. Even if he is not in on a domestic violence charge they can still deny pfv's for that reason.

If you are eligible for pfvs you can have them every 8 weeks and yes kids can go as well. Your pfvs do not take away from your weekly visits. I usually go up for a visit the night before our pfv.

As for Paul Bernardo, no he would definitely not qualify for pfv's. He's a murderer, child rapist, abuser, lifer, dangerous offender status, pretty much every reason they could deny someone, he is it.

Hope this helps and good luck with getting your pfvs. Let me know if you have any other wuestions.

Erin

Zawjatu
09-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Thank you for your reply..

Are you sure that lifers, murderers don't get PFV? I heard that they have more chances of getting PFV since they will be there longer...I had heard about 6 days PFV...?

:confused: :(

Yoosgirl
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Depends on where your man is going to be doing his time how often he will get PFV's. They are once a month where my guy is, and yes lifer's there get them. Each cases is different obviously, depending on the crime. The application process can take several months from start to finish.

Zawjatu
09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
He's most likely going to be in kingston. Is it really hard to get PFV's?

User9999
09-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Sorry yes you are right lifers and murderers are eligible for PFV's. I think I am just so used to reading the American prison rules on PTO that I forgot. So anywho, no getting PFV's is not hard. You either have to be legally married or living common law. If you are neither lemme know and I can let you in on al ittle CSC secret. At least they would like to keep it that way in my experience... If you are common law you have to be able to prove it to them. Let me know if you have questions about that.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Erin

wright1
10-14-2006, 02:00 PM
does anyone know how much it would approx. be for a collect call from the haven to london area? just wondering...

Zawjatu
12-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm kinda one of those paranoid freaks lol. My husband is innocent and I know most likely he won't get to Kingston or anything like that! But you just never know what God wants to put you through...Just wanted to know what is the worse I can face..

Keepin6
12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
does anyone know how much it would approx. be for a collect call from the haven to london area? just wondering...

Well when I used to get collect calls from there (Collins Bay but it doesn't matter since its all the same area) and I live in Strathroy, it was about 11 bucks for an hour, if it was a weekend or after six. Don't have him call before six on a weekday or it will cost you large. If you have anymore questions, just ask!

cscwifey
12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
As for Paul Bernardo, no he would definitely not qualify for pfv's. He's a murderer, child rapist, abuser, lifer, dangerous offender status, pretty much every reason they could deny someone, he is it.

Erin

LMAO... don't kid yourself.

Keepin6
12-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Who the hell would want to sleep with this loon anyway? LOL It's not that hard to get trailers, there are LOTS of ways around it, believe me.

DaveyBoy
01-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I have personal experience with kp, the haven & the ville. I can tell you rght now theres no crime thats gonna automatically exempt you for pfv's. Lifers certainly get them. No rules hard and fast in the pen. CSC will jump to give certain lowlifes anything they can dream up so long as ipso gets something in return. But straight up far as I know the only group automatically exempt isnt lifers or sex offenders or murderers, its people convicted (suspected too?) of family violence, or anyone slated for family violence programs prior to the completion of said programs

DaveyBoy
01-21-2007, 12:13 PM
About the only reason Bernardo isnt getting them is they have him in a wing @ kp with like 3 other guys or something, he dont have anything to snitch about but if he did Im sure ipso could drum up some hush hush pfv's. What the public dont know wont hurt csc, @ least thats the philosophy

briannasmom
03-13-2007, 02:54 PM
OK just a question,

my man is going to pitts from millhaven and in the presencting report it says that we have been together for about 3 1/2 months which is completly wrong we have been together for about 2 yrs on and off just woundering if i were to be denied PFV? if i would be what is the best way around it?

stevesboo23
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
paul does have pfv's and more shockingly with women.......its a proven fact so did karla....
lifers and such can also get quiet trailers by themselves to get off the range

xoxoRubyRedxoxo
04-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I am in the same boat as you briannasmom! We are having a hard time getting PFV's since we never lived together. If anyone would care to share some secret way around it or any sort of input on the matter I would be so so sooo grateful :rolleyes: ! Thank you.

weaver30
01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey about the trailer visits.. I am awaiting a message to king pen haven/t talk to the hubby in a long tie but a few years ago when he was in before. He was not a lifer, but after a certain amount of time they get trailere visits and also lifers automatically get them, especually if they have kids. They can also get married write away. Not sure what s going on but i was told this right from his mouth nd visiter staff when we were setting up for visits. I doubt highly they are gona say hey you are in for life but hey you got charged with murder even if you are not guilty cause some rat put it on you or shall i say afew anyways and ya but we are never gona let you see your kids. It al depends on the wife and the cercumstances. You shouls check into this cause i am 150 sure thats not true. Just my info i was givin thanx guys

weaver30
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
his is the deal you say you have been together commonlaw for like 5 years. Or ask to marry him in the jail you automatically get your visits. I said from day one i was commonlaw and i have 3 kids with him. I have nevr been denied, although trailers are very booked up and usually reserved for peeps with kids etc or usually was for lifers etc. This is why its so hard to get in. At kp their are touch visits, and well hey i never had a hard time feelin that package up ever, little tongue action ya know it been a while. They also have family days bbq's etc where all the family can visit but you have to sign and be approved by visiter sheets this is where you state commonlaw thing and your kids are his even if they are not. They never look it up and well without a bloodtest they cannot prove otherwise, still up to what inmate says he has to agree with everything yopu say and he has to ask for the visit forms. Hope this all helps. Anyone get contact to kp let me know haven't saw oe talked to my baby dad in 3 yrs no contact order, now dropped and we have not yet got a message threw let me know tanx

brandy99
07-02-2009, 06:30 PM
paul does have pfv's and more shockingly with women.......its a proven fact so did karla....
lifers and such can also get quiet trailers by themselves to get off the range

really paul bernardo get pfv?

womanguard
02-02-2011, 12:58 AM
i heared that outsiders can't visit paul bernardo. but who wants to visit him any how.

womanguard
02-05-2011, 01:19 AM
but i don't know if it's true

Freedakid
05-11-2011, 07:07 PM
There was a no contact order back in `08 wid my man over sum stupis shit that got blown out of proportion, we have 3 kids and I wanna knw if there's any way I can get around this family violence thing for the visits since It was an isolated incident! The conditions were lifted last November, can anyone help??

nicky3
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I know while anyone is under the assessment part in MAU its only closed visits that are authorized. It takes 4-6 weeks for approval. I havent a clue on how they go about approving though. My guess is youll have to apply and see what happens :(