View Full Version : My son is at Calhoun

janaroux727
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
My son is now at Calhoun in dorm C. His CO told him that he is on a list to go to the work camp. Everyone there including his CO has told him that he looks too young to be there. He is 23 but could probably pass for 17. He says that everyone seems laid back, minds their own business and everything seems to run smoothly except he hates eating fast but they don't give them much time to eat. I pray that his good attitude continues. Right now he feels safe so therefore, I feel o.k.
Now this may sound strange but there is one guy there that he met who is also from this area (Pensacola) and this guy knows a cousin of my husband's. That small connection has been very important. They toss the frisbee around some and talk some. I guess in a world where you know you shouldn't trust anyone, it probably feels great to be able to know someone else by name. :)

JohnsHeart
09-18-2006, 11:21 AM
definately. glad your son is doing ok and settling in.

janaroux727
10-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Thank you, JohnsHeart.

When everyone says that visitation is from ___ to ____, does that mean that you can enter anytime within that period of time or do you have to be there right at the beginning?

Donna>
10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
You can enter at any time. There are lines and all but you don't have to be there at a certain time.

janaroux727
10-03-2006, 05:36 PM
That is great news!
Thank you, Donna!