View Full Version : Waiting

Emilye01
09-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I am waiting to see where I am going. The wait is tough. Does anyone know if you are from Louisiana, where they send you and how long it takes to find out? Report date is 10/16. Thanks:)

SusanT
09-16-2006, 08:41 PM
FPC Bryan in Texas is the closest facility to your home. One never knows for certain. It will probably be around October 1 before you know. If you haven't received a letter by then, phone the Marshall's. They are the first to know.

Emilye01
09-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I am just anxious to find out anything. My P.O. mentioned Carswell or Big Springs. She thought Bryan was closed.
Any info about Bryan or Carswell would be appreciated. Again Thanks

SusanT
09-17-2006, 03:00 PM
While it is possible that you would go to Carswell, it is primarily a medical facility. Big Spring is for males only.

Read the threads about Bryan and Carswell and you can learn just about everything you would want to know.

scrappydz
09-17-2006, 03:18 PM
it was only the boot camp program in Bryan that closed. There are no more boot camps in fed facilities. But the prison camp is still open. It really is not as bad as it feels for a prison..Bryan is actually nice. I spent 13 mos there and it is not as scary as it seems right now.
Dawn

mhender1st
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
I was sentenced on Aug. 31, 2006 and received my designation last week for Bryan, TX. THe Marshall's office called and told me bc I had to come in and sign more paperwork about self surrendering. You should definetly call and find out where you are going.

Emilye01
09-19-2006, 09:32 AM
I called my p.o. and the marshall's office. Neither could tell me anything. My p.o. did say she tought I would go to Carswell. Any info on there would be appreiciated. When you go in on the 16th of month, do they start your month for the commissary then, or on the 1st.
Thanks

noname10
09-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Emilye01
Welcome to the site. The waiting is the hardest part so just take a deep breathe and try to enjoy this time with family and try to prepare yourself as best you can for the trip. Keep calling the Marshal office about every other day until you get designated. Trust me they wont forget about you!! You will be able to shop when you get to your designation usually the next day if you have money sent to you before hand. They have a first time shopper designation which means even if it is not your day to shop you can go. You might get Carswell camp since they need people to do the jobs at the medical or you might get Bryan, who knows with these people. Just keep coming and asking questions, you will survive.

Emilye01
09-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the info. Yes, the waiting is hard. What kind of workers do they need at Carswell? I do want to work, so the time will pass faster. I can not stand on my ankle for long periods of time, tho. I hope this will not hinder me from getting a job. I do office work, now. Do they have that and is it hard to get a job?
I will call the Marshall's Office tomorrow and hopefully, they will let me know something!
Again,
Thank you

scrappydz
09-24-2006, 09:00 AM
In Bryan they did have some office jobs...but sometimes these are hard to come by...at Bryan when you get there you are considered "unasigned" and will be cleaning the unit until they get you into medical for your physical to be released to work...it is there that you can talk to them about your ankle and they can put restrictions on the type of work you do....it does not always mean they will but they can if THEY feel you cannot be on your feet. But until you get released you will be in the unit cleaning all day long. That is at Bryan I don't know how Carswell works.
Good luck to you
Dawn

Emilye01
09-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Well, I clean at home, so I guess that is good. I do hope to get a job right away. I know I will meet some nice ladies in there, but I am still nervous about a new place and new faces and not knowing what to expect. I am leaving behind a husband, 3 children and 7 grandchildren. Very worried about the family bond

noname10
09-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Worry is a thief that is stealing precious time from you right now. It is natural to worry, but try to concentrate on making memories for later on. You will be fine at Carswell or Bryan, people there just want to do their time and go home. There will plenty to keep you busy after your job time also. Most camps have some type of classes like parenting or nutrition sometimes outside groups will come in for bible study or something similar. You will find there are books to read, letters to write, time will go faster once you get a routine in. Of course you are scared, everyone is, but the experience is not as bad as most of us imagine it to be. It is hard to be away from family, but letters, calls and visits keep the bond strong. Just remember keep your head high your spirit strong and never take your eyes off the heavens.

Emilye01
10-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I found out yesterday that I have to self surrender Monday, October 16, at 2 p.m..

Emilye01
10-12-2006, 02:12 PM
How Much Money Can You Bring With You To Bryan, And How Much Can You Spend In A Month. Is It Like A Big Dorm Or Seperate Cells With Several Beds In Each. I Heard That Women Over 50 Get A Bottom Bunk, Is This True?
Thanks

noname10
10-12-2006, 02:20 PM
There are a quite a few PTO members at Bryan already. Try doing a search for the federal forum using bryan fpc and see what comes up and maybe try self surrender forum also there has been a lot of info about the process there on the boards. If you still have questions start a new thread for each specific topic that way you wont get lost in the older threads. Good luck and stay strong.