View Full Version : Newbie, with questions (about mainlining)

RobswifeyRC
09-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I have visited for awhile and finally decided to join. I apologize ahead of time if I ask any dumb questions or ask something that has already been asked :o. My husband is currently in reception at Donovan (since July 3rd) and he has just seen his counselor last week. Her recommendations were 1st - Jamestown, for fire camp training and 2nd - SAP (which I know is Substance Abuse Program, but have no idea where that is?? :confused: ). What are his chances for Jamestown? And, how long does it usually take to be moved? Thank you, I appreciate any feedback.

sarahlm
09-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Honestly, if I were you, I'd just ignore all that. My husbands counselor recommended him to Norco and somewhere else nearby, I forget where. Anyway-he ended up at Old Folsom, 7 hours away. Not to scare you with the 7 hours away thing, my point is that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE I have heard of actually goes to where their counselor reccomends. Most do seem to go a lot closer than my husband did though...hope that helps a little

sarahlm
09-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh, and there are tons of SAPs. They are in many of the prisons in California . In fact, Donovan has one.
And it took my husband three weeks after he met with his counselor to mainline, but he was at North Kern for reception, not Donavon. I dont know how it works there.

JC&BJ
09-28-2006, 09:58 PM
what about camps i saw somewheres that you can write to ask to moved closer if you are having problems with your family health and such

cadustin
09-29-2006, 11:55 AM
sarahlm is right... the prison system does what ever they want. it seems that if you request something, they do just the opposite just because they can. Your best bet is to just wait til he moves. He can put in for a transfer after 6 months and if there is room, they can move him. Good luck

silverhawk
09-29-2006, 12:13 PM
i totally agree. EVERYTHING my husband ask for they did the opposite.

cadustin
09-29-2006, 12:58 PM
We were expecting him to be home next month, but he is now coming home next August, so he is going to try to put in for a transfer up here closer to me. I hope it works, but like when he first went in, they moved him far far away!