View Full Version : Questions on facility transfer

KMJoyner
09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
My husband was just notified that he is to pack up and will be riding out tomorrow. We had anticipated this since he is currently at a facility that offers many classes such as AOP and he is finished with all his requirements and has been camp eliagable for the past year. My question is he is maxing out in March - about six months away, do you think they will keep him down here (lower pen) instead of sending him way up North to just have to come back down here?? I know anything is possible, I am just looking for opinions. I am really worried he will go up North and with winter coming I won't be able to see as often as I do now.

mrsdragoness
09-13-2006, 03:20 PM
To be honest I can't say one way or the other... I'd say 50-50. You'd THINK they would keep him down here or even move him closer to home, but that would make sense!

good luck!

Lions Heart
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
With only 6 months to go you think they would move him to Jackson since that is where quite a few people max out from. I hope he stays downstate for you. Good Luck and let us know.

sister2006
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
My brother got one of those middle of the night calls to pack out. They sent him to the Federal Transfer Center in OK City. He's white-collar and that place is obviously a hell-hole. They kept him there for nearly a month and while he was there he got the joy of seeing a guy held down by two others who cut his throat. VERY scary.

I think the worst part is not knowing what to expect or when to expect it.

DJB's Wife
09-14-2006, 07:10 PM
If they move him to a camp, I'd say he has a good chance of staying in the LP. The policy for camp transfers is well defined and the placement goes by ERD.

Good luck!

KMJoyner
09-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Otis today says he is at JCS. That is good thing - as long as he stays there :)

Thank you all for your help!

mrsdragoness
09-15-2006, 08:17 AM
JCS is a pit stop, but with a March out date lets HOPE he stays put!

KMJoyner
09-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed.....except he hates it there :(

KMJoyner
09-26-2006, 04:58 PM
:( My husband was just told to pack up tonight he is on his way to Camp Manistique in the morning. He is so upset - can anyone give me any info on this camp such as visiting hours?

mrsdragoness
09-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Check our profile for the Camp, we should have some information there.

Good luck.. it SUCKS that he's going so far...Dang DOC :(

KMJoyner
09-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks I found some info there - everything except visiting hours. I will call in the morning. Thanks.

Lions Heart
09-27-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm sorry that he will be so far away! Hope he is home soon so you don't have to deal with this kind of stuff for much longer.