View Full Version : I Need Help, I Eat Too Much

blacksgirl
08-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Hi all, I need some help. Every since my sweety has been gone, all I do is eat and I have gained so much weight. I dont wanna be this big when I go buy my wedding dress in 2006. I have 3 years before I walk down the aisle, but when I get depressed all I do is eat. And with him being gone I get depressed a lot. Does anyone else have that problem? Does anyone know how I can change that? Please help me Im just getting bigger and I cant stand it.

mrsharris
08-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Get a hobby. Read, get on PTO, go for a walk, etc. The more you stay in the house, the more you are going to eat so try to be out as much as possible. Usually I go to the mall and window shop (cause I sure don't have any money). Usually surroundings depress you. So get out as much as you can.

BillnDenise
08-11-2003, 03:49 PM
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about...I have steadily gained weight since Billy's been gone. It's awful and I feel awful. I wasn't skinny to begin with, but I'd really like to get back into the clothes that I wore when Billy was home. He kept me running around so much that I didn't have time to eat. Hopefully, what I can't get off myself, Billy can help...then again, he's the greatest cook I've ever known.

giggles4ver
08-11-2003, 04:41 PM
I bought an exercise machine, so now instead of just sitting there and wathcing tv, I work out. Plus when you are taking care of yourself, you won't just eat and eat and eat. I have a problem eating too when I am depressed, so I have also gained some weight since my man has been locked up. He should come home next spring, and I want to look good for him.

tropical1
08-11-2003, 04:50 PM
When my hunne first got locked up march of this year i would come home and sit in front of the computer and eat and eat and eat, well i was gaining steady and now i still sit in front of the computer but i have lost about 16 pounds but i eat atkins style and lots of sugar free candee, pouddings, and ice cream. it has worked great for me and my hunnee will be home in less than 60 days and i will look the same or a little thinner thank god my jeans are fitting again !!!

carol

decochick
08-12-2003, 12:22 AM
If you're depressed, anti depression pills such as Zoloft, Paxil, Xanax, etc.......will make you loose your appetite. I had to stop taking Zoloft because I wouldn't eat and I'm a size 6 (with Zoloft) or 8 (without pills).

blacksgirl
08-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Thank you all for your advice, the exercise machine is a wonderful idea. You all are so supportive, I love this place, I swear I smile the whole time I'm in PTO. I am going to try everything, the low sugar foods is great because thats when I eat the most, sitting in front of this computer. Thank you all.