View Full Version : Parole Restrictions for Sex Offenders

Ladylovebug57
09-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm trying to figure out how my fiance' and I can live together, in my home, when he is released on mandatory parole, in 2008. He is a convicted sex offender. As it stands, my 29 year old son lives with me, along with his woman and their 8 month old baby girl. I figured that, if we marry before he is released, that exceptions to living with the child in the house, could be made. Also, I believe that my son will still be on probation, at that time. We live in Texas. Does anyone know how the law reads on this, or if exceptions are made, ever?

Searcher
09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Depends on the state and his conditions. If he offended against a minor I'd suspect he will NOT be allowed to reside in a home with a minor (married or not).

Also, many states do not allow offenders to associate with other rfelons or others on probation and parole. It all depends on the conditions and the state.

Searcher

mrsdragoness
09-06-2006, 08:35 PM
For the most part, very few SO's are allowed to parole to a home where there is a minor child present nor where there is another person on parole or probation. Whether or not you are married also does not affect that.

Part of that depends on his crime (whether its against a child or an adult) but to be honest, most states treat paroled sex offenders as if their crime where against a child -all sex crimes are lumped into one.

You can check the laws of your state.. the Loving A Sex Offender Forum as a Resources sub forum.

There occasionally can be exceptions, but those are rare indeed and even rarer at the beginning of a parole.

goofer
09-07-2006, 12:08 AM
you should be able to get a copy of his pre-sentencing report from the courthouse. that should outline all the terms & conditions of his parole. then go online & research what the current laws are for so's in your states statutes. I know down here, all lot of the laws they're passing are retroactive even though the offense was way before the new laws, he still has to abide by them as theyre added to the terms of his probation. as far as the living with a minor in the house, my boyfriends p.o. had to petition the court to modify his probation to allow him to live in the same house as his own biological children. we've been together for 5 yrs now & would like to get married but the court won't allow us to live together since I have 2 minor children from a previous relationship. also, fla has a policy where 2 people on probation or parole can't be around each other. go figure.

bbywolf2001
09-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm trying to figure out how my fiance' and I can live together, in my home, when he is released on mandatory parole, in 2008. He is a convicted sex offender. As it stands, my 29 year old son lives with me, along with his woman and their 8 month old baby girl. I figured that, if we marry before he is released, that exceptions to living with the child in the house, could be made. Also, I believe that my son will still be on probation, at that time. We live in Texas. Does anyone know how the law reads on this, or if exceptions are made, ever?

IF YOU GET MARRY BEFOR YOU OUT OF PRISON AND GO THOUGH A PROGRAM FOR SEX OFFERDER PROGRAM.THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING SO GO THOUGH THE PROGRAM.
SO IF YOU NEED TO WRITE GO TO MY E-MAIL (email address deleted by moderator, please review PTO polices regarding personal information and inviting outside contact)
BECAUSE MY FIANCE IS IN THE SAME BOAT YOU ARE IN RIGHT NOW OK.

mrsdragoness
09-19-2006, 01:49 PM
IF YOU GET MARRY BEFOR YOU OUT OF PRISON AND GO THOUGH A PROGRAM FOR SEX OFFERDER PROGRAM.THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING SO GO THOUGH THE PROGRAM.
SO IF YOU NEED TO WRITE GO TO MY E-MAIL (email address deleted by moderator, please review PTO polices regarding personal information and inviting outside contact)
BECAUSE MY FIANCE IS IN THE SAME BOAT YOU ARE IN RIGHT NOW OK.

I'm sorry but I beg to differ with you.. when someone is on parole they are required to adhere to all parole requirements. In most states very few parolees are allowed to live in a home with minor children, whether they are married or not. If the person is NOT on parole its different and they can live with their families. If you have information that differs please post it here on PTO so we can examine it and use it.

babybradley
09-28-2006, 11:16 AM
yes you r correct. my husband was released on 9/26/06 and seen parole on 9/27/06 his po gave him 26 sex offender conditions and said he could not be in my home.. his crime was a youthful offender from 1983 yo status and is no longer existant in any court record....parole put him back in jail the same day because he refused to go tothe shelter, when he had a home to go to... his crime that he went to prison had nothing to do with any sex offender law, but because the po seen he was arrested for a misdeameanor in 1983 and he doesnt know the allegations he wants him to abide by those rules which violates his civil rights...ive called everyone i can think of for help. we have children together and been married 3 years prior to his incarceration. so if anyone has any idea what we should do now PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!i called albany,ny and they r telling me what this po did is wrong but they have to investigate....right now im distraught.....:angry:

JCDRAPER
09-28-2006, 11:44 AM
I Have A Friend Incarcerated In Arkansas For A Rape Charge Involv A 5 Yr Old Based On Hearsay Also, He Is Up For P/elig On 2012, He Frets Over What The Rules Will Be When It Comes Time To Register, Who He Can Be Around - Where, And I Guess There Are Only 2 States Where They Don't Have To Reg Now, Alaska & Hawaii.

He Took A Plea - For The Lighter Sentence And Ended Up With The Same Charges Basically.

If Anyone Knows Of Someone In The Arkansas System, Let Me Know.

At That 2012 Date - Or If He Has To Do The Whole 18 Years, It Would Be 2018, My Daughter Who Is 8 Now, Will Be Pass That Minor Age For Him To Be Around.

Anyone Know The Stipulations For Arkansas?

JCDRAPER
09-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Anyone Know Of A Law Student In Arkansas Looking To Do Pro Bono Work On Criminal Cases?

goofer
09-28-2006, 12:18 PM
his crime was a youthful offender from 1983 yo status and is no longer existant in any court record....parole put him back in jail the same day because he refused to go tothe shelter, when he had a home to go to... his crime that he went to prison had nothing to do with any sex offender law, but because the po seen he was arrested for a misdeameanor in 1983 and he doesnt know the allegations he wants him to abide by those rules which violates his civil rights...i called albany,ny and they r telling me what this po did is wrong but they have to investigate

I'd try calling the po's supervisor. explain the situation & ask how this doesn't violate the US Constitutional law on ex post facto laws. Here's something for Florida viewers

CONSTITUTION

OF THE
STATE OF FLORIDA
AS REVISED IN 1968 AND SUBSEQUENTLY AMENDED

SECTION 10. Prohibited laws.--No bill of attainder, ex post facto law or law impairing the obligation of contracts shall be passed.

EX POST FACTO - Term used to designate action taken to change the effect given to a set of circumstances. This action relates back to a prior time and places this new effect upon the same set of circumstances existing at that time. Ex post facto laws are prohibited by the U.S. Constitution.

florida has a way of getting around this. they did it on the registration requirement by saying all so's have to register if they are still under some type of sanction of Fla Doc on or after 1997. Most all other laws say they can only apply if the crime was committed on/after such n such date. We're fixing to find out a whole lot more about ex post facto in an upcoming VOP hearing.

BLUEBYU
10-01-2006, 01:52 PM
POs can ask for modification about being around minors. It can be modified so it will state not without supervision. then he can live there but he can never be alone with the minor. As for another felon in the house--they don't usually do that..but exceptions can be made--but like with everything in the court system it won't be easy.
GOOD LUCK :)

NCGIGGYPIX
10-01-2006, 02:00 PM

HELLO NOT SURE THAT IF IT IS ANT HELP GETTING MARRIED WILL NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE MY BROTHER IS CURRENT INCARERATED FOR A SEX CRIME AND THEY HAVE TOLD US THAT HE HAS TO DO 6 MONTHS OF PROBATION AFTER HE IS RELEASED BEFORE HE WILL BE ALLOWED TO RETURN TO THE HOME WERE HIS SEVEN YEAR OLD SON LIVES AND YES HE IS MARRIED

NCGIGGYPIX
10-01-2006, 02:06 PM
HELLO GETTING MARRIED WILL NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE MY BROTHER IS CURRENTLY IN THE SAME SITUATION AND HIS PAROLE OFFCER HAS TOLD US THAT HE WILL HAVE TO DO ATLEAST 6 MONTHS PROBATION AND LIVE OUTSIDE THE HOME BEFORE HE WILL BEABLE TO RETRN TO THE HOME WITH HIS WIFE AND CHILD THEY DO NOT GIVE CONSIDERATIONS IF YOU ARE MArried or not they look for the saftey of the child rather the sex offense crime had a child involved or not they do not care they look at them all the same