View Full Version : Ankle Bracelets in Pools/Jacuzzis

Smitty61984
09-05-2006, 02:33 PM
A good friend of mine is out on House Arrest until January. I read her instructions for her ankle bracelet and her computer machine for tracking her. In the instructions it said "You can use it in the shower or the bath. But not in a pool or Jacuzzi" We innitially thought it was because of the chlorine. But I read into it some more and it seems like they are just not wanting you to have fun in your pool. It went along the lines "Don't use it in your pool/jacuzzi. You are still in a jail".

I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with ankle bracelets in the pool? Do they really mess up or are they just trying to prevent you from swimming?

Any help is appreciated. Have a good one
Mark

(I'll try to get a picture of the ankle bracelet tonight if it helps to know what model it is. And we are in the state of Georgia)

bcsmith73
09-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I was on home confinement with an ankle bracelet and swam in the pool often. Never had any problems.

NuBeginning
09-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, if you are in the pool or jacuzzi, the water tends to be a little deeper than water in a bathtub, so it could hinder the device from being tracked by the monitor, if you are too far away or the device is submerged too deeply in water. What they meant by "you are still in jail" is that you are only allowed out of the house for work, school, and personal errands with approval for such things as shopping, doctor's visits, barber, beauty salon etc. Recreation not being one of them. Some people can't even go onto their balconys because the reception is broken once you step outside of the accoustics of the building. That would pretty much include swimming and jacuzzis. Unless of course the swimming pool or jacuzzi is inside your home.

FriscoLady
09-16-2006, 09:18 AM
The first time I was on it, I could even go up to the sunroof on the fourth floor of the house and look out at the bay. The main unit was on the second floor. This time around I cannot go up there, I can get out on the balcony on the second floor but not up on the sunroof. Tried it they did not like it! :argh:

As for water, shower and bath not a problem can't get near enough to the bay (30 yards from my house) to try it, would not anyway!

Patti