View Full Version : Trulincs ??

johndoe50
08-28-2006, 05:14 AM
What prisons is this system available now ??

curlyhead
08-28-2006, 08:57 AM
hi,
i don,t understand whgat you want to know? what is your question????curlyhead

johndoe50
08-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I was wondering what prisons have TRULINCS available?

DREAD 2
08-28-2006, 09:12 AM
what is a TRULINC????
D2

johndoe50
08-28-2006, 09:22 AM
What is TRULINCS?
The Trust Fund Limited Inmate Communication System (TRULINCS) is a pilot program currently being conducted by the Federal Bureau of Prisons to provide inmates with some limited capabilities to send and receive electronic correspondence without having access to the Internet and uses no taxpayer dollars.

One purpose of this program is to assist in the inmate’s eventual community reentry. Many of these inmates are nearing their release date. Electronic communications have now become a standard form of correspondence within most American homes and businesses and can now also serve as a way to keep inmates connected to their families. Strengthening or re-establishing these family ties assists the inmates with their successful reentry into the community and can reduce the possibility that they recidivate.

Do inmates have access to the Internet?
No; this service is solely a messaging application and provides no inmate access to the Internet.

Who funds TRULINCS?
No taxpayer dollars are used for this service. Funding is provided entirely by the Inmate Trust Fund, which is maintained by profits from inmate purchases of Commissary products, telephone services, and the fees inmates pay for using TRULINCS.

Which inmates have access to TRULINCS?
The pilot program is currently being conducted at the Federal Prison Camp and Low Security Correctional Institution in Coleman, Florida, utilizing inmates that volunteer to participate.

How do I correspond with an inmate?
Inmates are limited to sending and receiving electronic correspondence only from individuals on their approved contact list. An inmate must request to exchange electronic correspondence with a person in the community by placing that person on their contact list. If staff approve the inmate’s request to exchange electronic correspondence, the system generates a message to that person advising them of the request and gives them the option of accepting; rejecting the request and any future electronic correspondence from that particular inmate; or rejecting the request and any future electronic correspondence from any Federal inmate. The inmate will be notified of the requested contact’s reply action and messaging may begin if the applicable response was received by the contact.

What do I do if I have not received a system generated message, but the inmate added me to their contact list?
Verify with the inmate that they entered your e-mail address properly. Pay special attention to domain names (.com, .net, etc.).
Many mail clients have filters to protect users from spam and viruses. Once you have verified the inmate entered your correct e-mail address, you should check your junk mail folder to see if a filter diverted the message.

I accepted the system generated message, but the inmate has not been notified
Responses will only be accepted from the exact e-mail address placed on the inmate’s contact list. Messages from forwarded domains, alias addresses, or mis-configured mail software will not be recognized by TRULINCS and, therefore, can not be delivered. Please verify your Reply Address in your mail client’s account settings. It must be the exact address entered on the inmate’s contact list.

Is correspondence monitored?
Yes; all correspondence is subject to monitoring. Inmates consent to monitoring when they agree to participate in the program. Contacts consent to monitoring when they approve corresponding with the inmate and are notified each time they receive correspondence from the inmate.

Are there rules?
Correspondence may not jeopardize the safety, security, or orderly operation of the correctional facility, or the protection of the public; exceed 4,000 characters (approximately two pages); or have attachments. Correspondence that jeopardizes the safety, security, or orderly operation of the correctional facility, or the protection of the public or exceeds the 4,000 character limit, will be rejected. Any attachments sent with correspondence, will be stripped and not delivered to the inmate.

What do I do if I want to stop corresponding with an inmate
Contacts may remove themselves from a specific inmate’s contact list or refuse all future Federal inmates’ requests for message exchanges at any time by selecting the applicable action identified in the footer of each inmate message.

What do I do if I accidently declined to correspond and want to correspondIf a member of the public accidently responds that they do not want to correspond with the specific inmate or any Federal inmate and a block is placed on their e-mail address, they must provide a written request to the Warden of the facility where the inmate is located to remove the block. Requests must include the contact’s name, physical address, e-mail address, and telephone number.

Sorry...I should have clarified what it was to begin with....I am just confused, and apparently confusing yall, too. Sorry about that!!:o

johndoe50
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I am just trying to see if it has made it to texas yet?? My nephew refuses to go visit his mother (my sis). And, I have already had my niece move out because of all the stress of her mom going away....she is trying to out run it....(she is 18...so there is nothing I can do to make her stay). But, I was hoping if I could find another way for them to comunicate...maybe it would be easier for them. I can not even imagine how terrible this is for them...any other suggestions apperciated, too. Thanks!!

TxRhino
08-28-2006, 11:36 AM
johndoe50,

I researched this topic and as best as I can tell, Alderson Fed Prison, FCI Terminal Island, Coleman, Danbury, and Montgomery.

Keep the Faith

Michael :thumbsup:

noname10
08-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Johndoe50,
I can only imagine how stressful it must be for children to deal with a parents prison time. How old is your nephew? Maybe you could encourage him to write his Mom and explain his feelings, of course you probably already have. The only thing you can do is keep pointing out to each of them that they are loved, their Mom does not want to be away from them, she is only human and deserves forgiveness. They are lucky to have an uncle who cares. Stay strong and keep trying to keep the door open. If your nephew is old enough maybe you could print out some post that Moms have written about how they felt or feel about having to be away for so long. Might help him see both sides.

johndoe50
08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info and advice. Eventhough, it looks like trulincs isn't here yet, yall have really helped...thank you!

sac7460
11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
FMC Carswell has it.

Ifoundhim
11-04-2006, 07:59 AM
FCI Cumberland has it.

2nice
11-04-2006, 08:51 AM
So it is becoming more wide spread! Do you think that they will get around to placing it in all the Federal institutions? Do you think that state facilities will take it up?

Zelda50
11-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Trulincs costs the inmate to use - less $ if they're a fast typer cause it's by the minute, I believe. For some ideas on how to help a child with an incarcerated parent, you can check out the Family and Corrections website (www.fcnetwork.org) Z.

belovedgurl
04-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Sorry...I should have clarified what it was to begin with....I am just confused, and apparently confusing yall, too. Sorry about that!!:o

My friend is in FCI Sheridan, where they are now using this inmate messaging system (trulinc). I received the computer-generated message, which directed me how to go about giving APPROVAL for him to email me. For whatever reason, each time I tried to send my approval I got an error message that read, "one or more of the email recipients does not have a valid email address... please check your address book for a valid email address." I'd read in another post where others were experiencing difficulty trying to authorize approval. Someone shared that they forwarded the computer-generated message to another email address, so I tried that. I forwarded the message to my work email, logged in from home and tried it. I got the same error message. However, when I got to work the following day, I tried it and it went right through. I've not heard anything yet.

The computer-generated message instructs us not to alter the message, and I'm wondering if by forwarding it to another email address and sending it from there, is that considered 'altering.' If anyone has help for me, I'd sure like to hear it.

Thanks!

belovedgurl

Stangloverswife
04-04-2009, 02:40 PM
My friend is in FCI Sheridan, where they are now using this inmate messaging system (trulinc). I received the computer-generated message, which directed me how to go about giving APPROVAL for him to email me. For whatever reason, each time I tried to send my approval I got an error message that read, "one or more of the email recipients does not have a valid email address... please check your address book for a valid email address." I'd read in another post where others were experiencing difficulty trying to authorize approval. Someone shared that they forwarded the computer-generated message to another email address, so I tried that. I forwarded the message to my work email, logged in from home and tried it. I got the same error message. However, when I got to work the following day, I tried it and it went right through. I've not heard anything yet.

The computer-generated message instructs us not to alter the message, and I'm wondering if by forwarding it to another email address and sending it from there, is that considered 'altering.' If anyone has help for me, I'd sure like to hear it.

Thanks!

belovedgurl

I pulled up the original email that I had because I didn't remember exactly - you clicked on where it says click "here" and then on the send button??? I don't know it had worked for me so other than that, I'm not sure.

belovedgurl
04-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I pulled up the original email that I had because I didn't remember exactly - you clicked on where it says click "here" and then on the send button??? I don't know it had worked for me so other than that, I'm not sure.

Thanks for your response, Stangloverswife!

I spoke with my friend yesterday, and so far he hasn't recieved any indication that he's been approved. He's going to start the process all over to see what happens. My thought is forwarding it to my work address and sending it from there may be construed by the trulinc/admin@inmatemessaging.com system as a form of altering the message. I guess we'll know soon enough.

belovedgurl

Stangloverswife
04-05-2009, 02:06 PM
i don't know about fowarding it...i wouldn't try it, but i guess it wouldn't hurt.
i do remember that trulinks "doesn't like" certain domains - such as hotmail.com and sbc.com (or net or w/e it is)

I used a yahoo email address and i made one up soley for his emails, and never had a problem. His sister had a hotmail address that trulinks "didn't like" but she started a yahoo one and didn't have a problem.

My suggestion would be just to get a new email address, have him put you on the approved list, and then when you get the email, don't try to foward it or anything (Because remember it has to be approved on their end too) and just clck on the "click here" to accept and send.

Hope it all works for ya ;)

justcurious2009
04-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Can state facilities us trulincs?

justvicki
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
No, WV state inmates do not have access to the Internet or email.

PTO-97580
04-15-2009, 05:06 AM
There are certain States that do have trulincs. You can check the website found in this thread http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316992 to see what states this company services. J Pay also services some states with email such as Michigan