View Full Version : Released from Bryan 7/20 - any questions?

CatherineP
08-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi, everyone! I was released from FPC Bryan on 7/20. If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability and knowledge.

cjjack
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Welcome home!

TxRhino
08-26-2006, 11:18 PM
CatherineP,

Welcome Home... if you spend anytime on this forum at all you will know I take a special interest in the Ladies from Bryan since my wife is there ;) . Glad to see you came out the otherside and once again... Welcome home.

Keep the Faith

Michael :thumbsup:

graplndgirl
08-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey Catherine...what is your last name.... I think we know each other...:)

jwest
08-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I have to fly into College Station on 9/10/06 to report on 9/11/06. does anyone know if I can surrender early (on sunday instead of on Monday) or do I have to get a hotel and wait until my time on Monday??????

Jenn

CatherineP
08-27-2006, 07:30 PM
No, they do not do intakes on weekends or holidays. You'll have to spend the night and report on the 11th. You can show up as early as you want on the 11th (after 7:30 am) - they don't care.

jwest
08-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Catherine,

Can you have paperback books, calendars, cards from the kids, etc mailed in. I have some friends willing to mail books to me but I wanted to make sure first.

Jennifer

CatherineP
08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
You sure can. I had my family mailing me a Priority Mail package every week with magazines and paperback books. They sell calendars, but you can have one sent in, as long as it's not spiral-bound. Amazon, Borders, and Barnes and Noble can mail hardbacks directly to you, but not anyone else. Paperbacks can come from anyone, but no more than 5 at a time.

paulapoo
12-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I am trying to find out if Bryan is better than Carswell. I am going to Bryan sometime in January, but I live in Fort Worth. I was going to ask to be transferred but I have heard bad things about Carswell. Please help me as I have never been before and don't know what to do. I would like to stay here by my family, however if it is very bad, I don't want to go there. And was there any trouble between inmates while you were there?

CatherineP
12-15-2006, 10:41 AM
No, Bryan was nice when i was there. From my friends that are still there, however, the new warden has placed a lot of new, tougher restrictions on the inmates. It's still not bad, as places go. I heard that if you can get into the camp at Carswell, it's not bad. The FCI is another story.

mhender1st
12-19-2006, 08:57 AM
paulapoo, I am surrendering to Bryan on Jan.8 and I have heard it isnt all that bad. Even though I am curious what the tougher restrictions are now!

ggarth
12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi, everyone! I was released from FPC Bryan on 7/20. If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability and knowledge.
I don't know if i am doing this right, but I was woundering if you had ifrormation on early release, if such a thing exits... all i hear is that there is no such thing in federal systems. my wife is in bryan and we have three kids. we are having a hard time I just hoped to hear some encouraging words on early release thanks

gypsyjaq
12-30-2006, 01:06 PM
:confused: hi cathrn! and welcome home iam going to one of the prsns here in tex but dont know which one yet! do u know how the food is and can we have music (cd or mp3) ect? iam looking at least 5yrs so anything u can tell me will be a godsend, iam 59 and never been in trouble in my life till now! and iam terrified. thnks jaq

HonestyT
01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
How many hours per week do inmates work and how are wages figured. I will have a really big fine to pay, and I was just wondering how I will be able to pay it.

krummy
01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi Catherine,
First of all let me say welcome home. It must be a great relief. My wife will be surrendering to Bryan Jan. 23. She has 34 months to do before she will be free again. How long does it take for a husband or sibling to get approved for visitation? How long can I expect to wait before I will be allowed to visit?
Thank you so much for what you are doing.