View Full Version : Marriage in Arkansas Prisons

Sierra
08-19-2006, 08:09 PM
What are the requirements to marry a prisoner in Brickeys? Also, can the husband and wife be together on that day or do they only do the kind of weddings where someone else stands in for the wife?
-Sierra

Jade01
08-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I would call Brickeys and find out the number for the chaplain there and they should be able to tell you more information regarding their regulations. Here is a link to more information under post #32 (the 2nd post on the third page):

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218574&page=3

SamuelsWife
10-30-2006, 10:42 AM
My husband and I applied to be married at 3 different units so I can probably tell you a little bit:o You really need to check at each unit because even though there are published ADC "rules" they don't all follow them exactly. And by the way....we were always approved, he just kept gettin transferred before the date came:( Anyway....generally he has to request to be married. Then you will be counseled together and you get a book with questions to fill out and send back to the chaplin. You have to wait 90 days from the day he request it. You have to pay a fee for him to be transported to the courthouse to get the marriage license, and you have to pay for the marriage license. Some units prefer you provide your own chaplin, pastor, etc... and some will do it for you. You can have a few (I'm thinkin 6) guests but they have to be on his visitation list. And NO, you do NOT get to spend any time together. You do get to kiss, when he says you may kiss your bride. Thats it. You're married, you kiss, you have a few minutes to talk, take pictures and then he goes back to the barricks and you go home. Let me know if that helps.

kallieshea
08-03-2010, 08:32 AM
how do i find out information on varner unit marriage requirements?

ahenley2010
10-30-2010, 06:07 PM
can i get married to my fiance even if I have a felony on my record?

hectorsbabygirl
11-03-2010, 11:52 AM
can i get married to my fiance even if I have a felony on my record?
I'm not sure . Sorry i can't help you. Hopefully someone who can will respond. It seems harder and harder to get anyone to even respond in the arkansas forum? GOD bless you and i hope that you get your answer soon. :) Have a great day friend! :)

dolly73
05-15-2011, 08:25 PM
what you need to do is to put in for a visit to see the inmate. They will send the paper back denying you. Then you get a disposition to say you have done your time so you can be approved. Then get a hold of the chaplain. He can set up for you to get married. Good luck and god bless you.

courtsgirl
05-19-2011, 08:14 AM
how do i find out information on varner unit marriage requirements?

Call the unit and ask to speak with chaplin, he will be able to give you all the info

chrisbabygirl
05-31-2011, 10:15 PM
My boyfriend was recently sent to cummins unit. well me and him had gotten in some trouble together and he got sentenced 40 years but i havent been convicted of my stuff yet. i dont even have a court date so i was wondering if i have a chance of being approved to visit him since i havent been convicted of my felony or anything yet.