View Full Version : ComCor questions...

KeenQ
08-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Ok my husband is going to be eligible for COmCor either right away or in a month or two, he was charged with assualt though, does anyone know good halfway houses to apply to with that charge??

NotSoPatiently
08-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Ok my husband is going to be eligible for COmCor either right away or in a month or two, he was charged with assualt though, does anyone know good halfway houses to apply to with that charge??

Probably not any of the acctual COM-COR ones out of Colorado Springs cuz they are extremely picky. They like blue collar crime people best. Ed went to SLVCC - San Luis Valley Community Correction. They have been pretty easy to get along with for the most part and there are jobs all over the place down there. But it is in the middle of no where and along ways away from every where.

Sorry I can not help any more than that.

galgrif
08-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm curious, do you get to choose the facility?

I am under the impression that you end up at the facility in the county you were charged/sentenced.

Tracie is correct ComCor is not easy by any means, but it is doable. All of the half way houses are largely about money, if he is able to follow the rules to a "T" and pay his way he will succeed. We have a "graduate" of Colorado Springs ComCor in the family. I may be able to get specific answers for you about them if you need, just let me know. Either way, please let us know how things are going.

KeenQ
08-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Thanks anything will help, he said that his case manager says he gets to apply to only 2 different places and I hear that Denver is pretty easy to get into?? I just don't want him to waste his 2 applications on somewhere that wont accept someone with that sort of charge...

galgrif
08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Maybe his case manager can make a suggestion about where he should apply. My sons lawyer handled that aspect for us.

NotSoPatiently
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM

I am under the impression that you end up at the facility in the county you were charged/sentenced.

Tracie is correct ComCor is not easy by any means, but it is doable. All of the half way houses are largely about money, if he is able to follow the rules to a "T" and pay his way he will succeed. We have a "graduate" of Colorado Springs ComCor in the family. I may be able to get specific answers for you about them if you need, just let me know. Either way, please let us know how things are going.

Yes you do get to choose if you are coming out of a prison facility. When you fill out your application and have it submitted, it is submitted to the county of your request. Now when we thought he was going to get direct sentence to community, he still could request it be in a different county but the fees were alot higher. His charges feel out of Mesa County, he requested Com-Cor in Montrose County for a direct sentence. The fees for Mesa County was $18 per day and in Montrose County it was going to be $67 per day. That is what I thought was weird when he applied out of DOC. He was excepted by Com-Cor for direct sentence but was denied by them when he applies after being incarcerated. (Maybe cuz they couldn't then suck $67/day out of us, just the regular DOC fee of $18 or so)

Com-Cor is very decent for community when you can get excepted by them. They have some facilities but alot of their community corrections is on a home monitoring system because there is no acctual facility in the county (Montrose for example) and that may be why they have to be a bit stricter and the prices are higher than most also. When Ed was excepted there for direct sentence he would have had to do 60-90 days in a facility in Colorado Springs and then come back to Montrose County for the rest of the sentence on home monitoring. (I think that is why the judge didn't go for direct sentence to community)

Anyway here is a couple of links and maybe they can be of some help?

http://www.comcor.org/
http://www.cccco.org/index.html
http://www.coaccb.org/

NotSoPatiently
08-21-2006, 09:39 AM

Yes you do get to choose if you are coming out of a prison facility. When you fill out your application and have it submitted, it is submitted to the county of your request. Now when we thought he was going to get direct sentence to community, he still could request it be in a different county but the fees were alot higher. His charges feel out of Mesa County, he requested Com-Cor in Montrose County for a direct sentence. The fees for Mesa County was $18 per day and in Montrose County it was going to be $67 per day. That is what I thought was weird when he applied out of DOC. He was excepted by Com-Cor for direct sentence but was denied by them when he applies after being incarcerated. (Maybe cuz they couldn't then suck $67/day out of us, just the regular DOC fee of $18 or so)

Com-Cor is very decent for community when you can get excepted by them. They have some facilities but alot of their community corrections is on a home monitoring system because there is no acctual facility in the county (Montrose for example) and that may be why they have to be a bit stricter and the prices are higher than most also. When Ed was excepted there for direct sentence he would have had to do 60-90 days in a facility in Colorado Springs and then come back to Montrose County for the rest of the sentence on home monitoring. (I think that is why the judge didn't go for direct sentence to community)

Anyway here is a couple of links and maybe they can be of some help?

http://www.comcor.org/
http://www.cccco.org/index.html
http://www.coaccb.org/