View Full Version : Letters to the parole board.

Chads-mama
08-15-2006, 07:26 AM
:confused: In Chads last letter , he said I should write to the parole board. He is eligible for his first parole on Dec. 1 of this year. When should I write? what should I write? Should I get others to write, pastor, future employers , grandmother ect? Thanks ya'll for any advice.
Glenda, saved by grace!

jojacks
08-15-2006, 09:48 AM
You need to start sending letters now - get anyone who can show support for him and tell of any changes for the better that they have seen in him. You can send the letters to the Parole Board he is under and also to Austin if you want. I just send them to the Parole Board my grandson is under. As for you letter, just show that you will support him when he gets out, that you do not think he would be a threat to society, and most important, the changes you have seen in him since his incarcaration.

Chads-mama
08-15-2006, 12:14 PM
This may be a stupid question, but, How do I know which parole board he is under? Where can I find out, and find the address ect...
Thanks for your reply Jojacks:)
Glenda, Saved by grace!

jojacks
08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
What unit is he at? I can tell you when I know that info.

Chads-mama
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
the Gurney unit

jojacks
08-15-2006, 03:18 PM
That would be under the Palestine Board

Palestine Board of Parole and Pardons
118. S. Royall St.
Palestine, Texas 75801

You know this is a transfer unit and if he is moved he could be under a different Board.

jojacks
08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I should add that regardless of where you send the letters they will be put in his file.

Chads-mama
08-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I was wondering about that. So do u think I should write to Austin? I am hoping he wont be moved, since his stay is so short. Also he has physical handicap and I heard gurney unit was a medical unit. I am so totally confused, I'm reading all the stickys but they are confusing me.
HELP!

Chads-mama
08-15-2006, 03:26 PM
also, are their particular people I should be addressing these to, or just a group , to whom it may concern letter?

jojacks
08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
This is what I would do so you will know you are doing everything you can. Send a letter to both the Palestine Board and to Austin-
Board of Parole and Pardons
PO Box 13401
Capital Station
Austin, Texas 78711

I address my letters to Attn: Review and Pricessing

jojacks
08-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Also, on the heading of the letter I put Honorable Parole Board members, but you can address them how you want. Everyone does them different.