View Full Version : How Long Does It Take For Interstate Compact To Transport An Inmate?

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
MY FIANCEE GOT CONFIRMATION LAST WEEK THAT HE WAS GOING TO BE TRANSPORTED BACK TO TEXAS AND THEY STILL HAVEN' T COME AND GOT HIM. IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY NOT KNOWING HOW LONG IT'S GOING TO TAKE BEFORE THEY COME AND GET HIM. PLUS HE IS STRESSING OUT ABOUT IT HE JUST WANTS THIS TO BE DONE AND OVER WITH SO THAT WE CAN HAVE OUR LIFE BACK PLUS HE IS WORRIED SICK ABOUT THE PAROLE HEARING HE HAS ONCE HE GETS BACK. I'M SCARED TO DEATH THAT THEY ARE GOING TO PUT HIM BACK IN PRISON AND WHAT SCARES ME THE MOST IS BECAUSE OF HIS MEDICAL CONDITION (HEART PROBLEMS BREATHING PROBLEMS)

jessnkat
08-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Is he in prison in another state now? Or has he been picked up FOR Texas and is just waiting the transfer back to Texas?

From what you posted, it sounds like he was picked up on a parole violation FOR Texas in another state. IF this is the case, then Interstate Compact has nothing to do with this. The Texas County where he violated parole will send someone to pick him up and transport him back to Texas. I believe that they've got around 45 days or so to do so, but I'm not for sure on that.

From personal experience I can tell you that Texas DOES NOT like it when someone leaves without permission and the chances are pretty good that he will spend some time in prison there. I don't think I've seen a case yet where they put someone back on parole that skipped town.

I wish you lots of luck with this.....and from experience, enjoy your time while he's close by and the phone calls if he's able to make them.

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-14-2006, 01:14 PM
He Is In Ohio SINCE HE WS RELEASED 10 YEARS AGO RIGHT NOW HE'S In A County Jail Waiting On Texas To Take Him Back For A Parole Violation

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-14-2006, 01:45 PM
KAT HE WAS UNDER APA HERE IN OHIO SINCE HE WAS RELEASED FROM PRISON IN TEXAS 10 YEARS AGO HE WASN'T IN ANY TROUBLE UP UNTIL A FEW MONTHS AGO HE HAS HAD ALOT GO ON IN HIS LIFE THE LAST YEAR NOW ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS GET THIS OVER SO THAT WE CAN HAVE LIFE TOGETHER

jessnkat
08-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Casey, what is APA?

Whether he's been in trouble or not, probably won't have much of anything to do with it. Let me share our story.....My husband had one DWI over 20 years ago (in his late teens or early 20's), he'd been in no trouble since until this thing with Texas - after being put on probation, he left the state and had again been in no trouble again when they picked him up in Mississippi for Probation Violation (leaving Texas without the proper authorization). He got 5 years for that - served 2 1/2 and has been back home for a little more than a month now.

I really and truly hope it turns out different for yall, but just from my experience and what I've read here on PTO in the past 2 years, it would seem like he'll end up serving at least some time. My theory when dealing with Texas and their justice system has always been "Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best".

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
The Apa Is The Adult Parole Authority Here In Ohio

thefemalerule
08-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Hi,Now I'm concerned.... Texas P & P must have had something changed. 8 yrs ago my husband(did 3 years on a 8) and I left Texas to Utah knowing Utah didn't extradite. Since then, Husband did same crime in Utah and received almost the same amount of time. Did 3 yrs on a 5. Completed Parole in Utah. Then was put on probation twice since then. Completed Utah probation too/twice. He was stopped by the Police for a traffic stop. They ran his name, NOW he's in Texas. TEXAS had 25 days to pick him up. *I think it's the jails choice to keep or let go.* He was arrested on July 2 2006, NOW.... these are his dates.

Parole Elig. Date July 5 2006
Mandatory Release Date October 11 2006
Parole Ending Date July 12 2011
Husband claims there are 3 possible outcomes.....
# Be released October 11 2006 to a halfway house IN Texas.
# Be released sometime in January and Parole off.
# Be released 6 - 8 months from now, on a Interstate Compact deal.

Jessnkat was right about the five years being added.

If anyone has any opinions, I sure would like to hear them.

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Talked To My Fiancee Once Today So I Have Feeling They Finally Come And Got Him And Took Him Back To Texas So Now All I Can Do Is Wait To Hear From Him Again As To What Unit They Put Him At
I Have Been In Tears All Day I Miss Him So Much I Just Want This To Be Over
He Has Been Under This Texas Warrant Now For 23 Days When I Talked To The Warrant Division This Morning In Austin They Told Me That Would Go To His Time Served Which Is A Good Thing I Take It

jessnkat
08-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Casey - he *should* be able to call you once he arrives at the county jail in Texas. My husband was able to AND..... they even let him call me on THEIR dime!! :faint:

Yes, the 'time served' is a good thing - those days will count towards whatever the sentece is. He should get credit for the time served both there in county and the time in county in Texas.

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks Kat For The Words Of Encouragement. I Just Wish This Was Over And We Could Have Our Life Back To Normal.
I Sat Down Last Night And Wrote An Email To Senator Chris Harris Hoping That He Can Put A Stop To This Warrant Out Of Texas So That Casey Can Come Home Where He Belongs. I Explained To Senator Harris That Casey Had Done His Time Here In Ohio And That There Are No New Convictions On Him So They Have No Reason To Take Him Back To Texas. All I Can Do Is Pray That Senator Harris Can Stop The Warrant.
Plus With Everything That Has Gone On With Casey In The Last Year He Needs To Be Home Here In Ohio Where He Can Take Care Of The Problems With His Son And His Ex Wife.
If He Isn't Here Then He Can't Handle The Problems And He Is Worried That His Son Will Be Put Back In Foster Care.
Plus He Is Worried Sick About Me Cause I'm Not Able To Eat Or Sleep Much. I Have Lost Over 20 Lbs Since All This Started The End Of June. He Can Tell When He Talks To Me That I Am Drained Mentally And Physically. When He Called Yesterday I Was Working And He Could Tell That I Was Stressed Out Cause He Knew That It Was My 24 Hour Shift I'm A Paramedic And I Work 24's I Have Been Trying To Work As Many As I Can So That I Can Stay Busy.
The Minute I Hear His Voice On The Phone I Start To Cry.
Right Now I Feel Like Texas Is Trying To Take Him Away From Me And That's Not A Good Feeling. Sometimes I Feel Like I'm Never Going To See Him Again If He Is In Texas
We Were Supposed To Get Married Last Weekend But Because Of Everything Going On We Had To Postpone It Until He Comes Home

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I Just Called The County Jail And They Transferred Him Back To Texas This Morning At 4:00am Oh God Please Help Him And Bring Him Home Safe
RIGHT NOW I AM BESIDE MYSELF

jessnkat
08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Casey, I know just how you are feeling right now......I was in the same place nearly 3 years ago. Hopefully, this will be over with quickly - and I pray that for your sake, it is. I'm so sorry about your wedding having to be postponed, but maybe this will all be behind you soon and you can be married.

In the meantime, you need to take care of yourself, sweetie. I know, believe me...I KNOW, how hard it is right now for you. I did the same thing....threw myself into work. I worked 3 jobs and had very little time off back then - it was nothing to work 80 hours a week at the full-time job and then put in another 20 on the weekends.

You've found PTO - something that I wish it hadn't taken me a year into this whole mess for me - so you've got 24 hour support, 7 days a week - and we ARE here for you.......I'M here for you!

CenTexLyn
08-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Extraditions on parole matters usually go directly back into TDCJ custody to await the revocation hearing. It is only on rare exception that they land in a county jail for the hearing. Male offenders usually are dropped at Byrd in Huntsville, and then transferred elsewhere after the hearing has been conducted.

It is also of importance to know what has transpired while he was under Compact supervision in Ohio. He did something for them to have sent a report to Texas that contributed to the issuance of a warrant.

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
WHAT HAPPENED WAS THEY MARKED HIM AWOL FROM A HALFWAY HOUSE WHEN HE WAS ONLY 5 MINUTES LATE BECAUSE HIS CAR BROKE DOWN HE GOT MAD WHEN HE WENT TO GO TO WORK THE NEXT MORNING AND THEY WOULDN'T LET HIM LEAVE SO HE PACKED UP HIS STUFF AND LEFT. I FOUND OUT THAT HE WAS NO LONGER IN THE PROGRAM THE NEXT MORNING WHEN I CALLED TO TALK TO HIM BEFORE HE WENT TO WORK. HIS PO ISSUED A WARRANT FOR HIM FRIDAYAFTERNOON APRIL 21ST AFTER HE DIDN'T HEAR FROM HE BY THE END OF THE DAY. I HAD BEEN TRYING TO CALL HIS CELL ALL DAY LONG AND HE NEVER ANSWERED AFTER I HAD LEFT A BUNCH OF VOICEMAILS FOR HIM HE FINALLY CALLED ME AT 4:00PM THAT AFTERNOON I TOLD HIM THAT HE NEEDED TO GET AHOLD OF HIS PO RIGHT AWAY HE LEFT HIM A MESSAGE AND TOLD HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON. HE FINALLY TURNED HIMSELF IN MONDAY MORNING WHEN I TOOK HIM TO THE APA HERE IN OHIO. THEN THEY SAID HE DIDN'T GIVE HIS PO A FORWARDING ADDRESS WHICH HE DID BECAUSE HE WAS LIVING WITH ME AND HIS PO KNEW THAT. I HAD TALKED TO HIS PO RIGHT AFTER I FOUND OUT THAT HE WAS NO LONGER IN THE PROGRAM FOR THE HALFWAY HOUSE HIS PO TOLD ME THAT IF I HEARD FROM HIM TO CALL HIM RIGHT AWAY WHICH I DID
THEY ENDED UP HAVING A PROBABLE CAUSE HEARING AND THEY SUGGESTED THAT THE TEXAS PAROLE BOARD REVOKE HIS PAROLE SO TEXAS ISSUED A WARRANT ON JULY 14TH WHICH DIDN'T GO ACTIVE UNTIL JULY24TH
THEY TRANSFERRED HIM THIS MORNING AT 4:00 AM BACK TO TEXAS
I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM IF HE HAS MADE IT THERE ALRIGHT OR NOT I'M JUST HOPING THAT THE PAROLE BOARD UNDERSTANDS WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND THEY PUT HIM BACK ON PAROLE OVER THIS HE SERVED HIS TIME FOR HIS MISTAKE OF LEAVING THE HALFWAY HOUSE
HE DID THAT FROM APRIL 24TH TO MAY 2ND OF THIS YEAR WHICH WAS DONE IN THE COUNTY JAIL IN COLUMBUS OHIO
I FEEL THAT HIS PO'S SUPERVISOR HAD IT IN FOR HIM FROM THE START
SHE TRIED TO SAY THAT HE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COCAINE THE END OF JUNE WHEN HE HADN'T LEFT THE HOUSE IN ALMOST A WEEK HE HAS BEEN IN JAIL SINCE THE END OF JUNE WHEN I CALLED HER AFTER HE CALLED ME AND TOLD ME HE WAS IN JAIL AND THAT HE TESTED POSITIVE SHE WAS A BITCH ABOUT IT SHE WOULDN'T EVEN SHOW HIM THE TEST STRIPE AND SHE NEVER TOLD HIM WHAT HE TESTED POSITIVE FOR.
NOW I'M JUST WORRIED SICK THAT TEXAS IS GOING TO SEND HIM BACK TO PRISON TO FINISH OUT HIS SENTENCE. IS THERE ANYTHING MORE THAT I CAN DO TO HELP HIM SO THAT HE DOESN'T GO BACK TO PRISON I NEED HIM HERE WITH ME HE IS MY LIFE HE IS THE ONLY FAMILY THAT I HAVE LEFT
WHAT MAKES IT BAD IS I'M HERE IN OHIO AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO GO AND VISIT HIM SINCE I'M SO FAR AWAY ALL I CAN DO IS WRITE UNTIL HE GETS HOME
CASEY IS A GOOD MAN THAT HAS HAD ALOT GO ON IN THE LAST YEAR WITH LOSING HIS FATHER BACK IN DECEMBER OF 05 AND THEN HIS UNCLE TAKING HIS MOTHER AND MOVING HER TO TEXAS AND NOT LETTING CASEY TALK TO HER OR KNOW WHERE SHE IS AT PLUS THE SITUATION WITH HIS 6 YR OLD SON AND HIS EX WIFE
WHEN I CALLED AND TOLDED HIS UNCLE THAT THEY HAD TRANSFERRED HIM THIS MORNING BACK TO TEXAS I WAS IN TEARS BECAUSE I HAD JUST FOUND OUT HIS UNCLE HUNG UP ON ME
WHAT MAKES IT BAD IS HIS UNCLE ACTS LIKE HE DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM
LYN AND ADVISE THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME ABOUT TEXAS LAWS WOULD HELP ME VERY MUCH
LYN HE DID TIME IN TEXAS ORGINALLY FOR A DRUG CONVICTION

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-16-2006, 10:47 PM
KAT I USUALLY WORK ABOUT 96 HOURS A WEEK I TRY TO WORK AS MANY 24'S AS I CAN HANDLE USUALLY ABOUT 4 A WEEK OR SOMETIMES MORE

CenTexLyn
08-18-2006, 06:40 AM
He will probably benefit from competent counsel to represent him at the revocation hearing. Those facts as presented in this thread tend to equal revocation if someone tries to go it alone...

CASEY'S BABYGIR
08-18-2006, 11:14 AM
But The Worst Thing About It Is That I'm Over 1100 Miles Away And I Just Can't Pick Up And Go See Him All I Can Do Is Write
And What Makes It Worst Is This Warrant Should Have Never Been Issued Because He Did His Time Here In Ohio For The Mistakes That He Made Now Texas Wants Him To Serve Time Again Which Isn't Right
IT'S LIKE PLAYING DOUBLE JEOPARDY WITH HIS LIFE BECAUSE OF ALL THIS HE HAS LOST HIS JOB

CenTexLyn
08-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I hope he is being marginally more accepting of the responsibility...otherwise he is definitely going to be revoked. By your previous post, he is the one that got pissed and he is the one that decided to walk-off from the halfway house. As an aside, there are situations where someone doing that in Texas can be looking at a new felony offense for unauthorized absence from a community corrections center (which is essentially what a HWH is).

From what you have previously indicated, he has not been revoked. He was extradited and is going to be awaiting a hearing. Only after that hearing can a determination be made as to whether he is revoked and only if he is revoked will there be a permanent recalculation of his time credits.

He is going to need to step up to the plate and acknowledge that he is the one that screwed up and accept ALL responsibility for his lack of judgment in handling the HWH situation. This is not the fault of Texas or Ohio supervision personnel. And I can guarantee you that the sooner he makes that acknowledgement, the sooner he might possibly return home.