View Full Version : Phone Calls??

vlmlovesrcm4eva
08-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Does Anyone Have The Number To Call If You Wanted To Setup Prepaid Phone Calls From Cfrc Or Cfrcs? If Not Can Anyone Please Give Me Info On To Finding Out How Or How I Can Recive Calls From That Facility????

D'sLady
08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
To my knowledge you can not set up any kind of pre paid calls from any of the Florida prisons. They must all be collect. (unless it's a work release center). How locg has your loved one been at CFRC? It can take a few weeks before you get the first call. Also, make sure with your phone company that you don't have anything that blocks collect calls from coming through.

Hope this helps.

Becky

emelissa335
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
The number that I used is 1-800-844-6591 and they will let you set up a pre paid account. They do charge you though 8 dollars. My brother is not in the same place but it may work. Take care... Melissa

JWSPMS
12-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Becky is right except for work release center's (since I don't know anything about work release centers) all Florida state prisons are collect calls only through MCI.

If your loved one is at CFRC and has just gotten there he has to set up a phone list and most of the time they don't make calls while at reception anyway.But if he's been there awhile and is a permanent then he has to still add you to his phone list. And like Becky suggested call your phone company and make sure you can recieve collect calls.

Also you will need to call MCI and see if you need to set up and account with them so they can bill you for the collect calls. There's number is:

1-888-851-8450

Hope that helps?

Take care and God Bless,
~SPIKESWIFE~

longhornpride
12-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Everyone above is correct! Dealing with the state is different then any county jail. County you can set up prepaid. Not state. You have to have a house phone or land line as they call it. Just FYI. I am not sure about other services yet I looked at brighthouse since I have cable through them and they do not allow collect calls. So I set up a service through Verizon who is also MCI. I guess they merged. For a call of 15 min it is about 4 to 4.50 a call. Not bad at all to hear her voice and know that she is ok. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I am new to this also. Everyone above has been great to me and answered my questions. It is tough! We all will make it through! Stay strong! We know the same feelings and the same worry! Cameron
Latin Term : Fortitudine Vincimus Translation : Through endurance I shall conquer!