View Full Version : essex county lockdown?

caitie227
08-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi...I tried to go visit my fiance this morning and they told be his block was on lockdown...they didn't have any other info except to say i should call on wednesday...has anyone heard anything? I am just a little worried b/c my man has a bad temper & if there was a fight he was probly involved:(

egs
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Typically it is more than a fight that results in a lockdown. Could be weapons, drugs, gang-related problems, or other contraband [i.e., cell phones]; could also be "information" about something that may or may not happen!!! Hopefully you will find out what is going on. Often the phones cannot be used during the first day or so of a lockdown so don't expect a phone call from him either. I suggest you call before Wednesday b/c they should have more info. to share with the public by tomorrow or Tuesday.

caitie227
08-06-2006, 04:47 PM
thanks for the info...he actually just called and said that there was no lockdown, that the co lied to me b/c other people got their visits... im pretty po'd... it took 3 hours out of the day to go see him, and now i have to wait until next weekend...that is, IF he doesn't get moved to CRAF first! ugh...this is just the beginning, but its nice to know i'm not alone in this...so glad i found this site!