View Full Version : Marriage @ Liberty C.I?

____LadyB
08-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Okay. I am not the patient type. I am to a certain extent. I live in Illinois, so it takes mail a few extra days to get to me, compared how long I had to wait when I was back home in Florida. So, today I got a letter from my baby, saying he put in the request for information about marriage. So basically I was just wondering how long it took to get the information from the Chaplin to be sent out? Anddddd.... what can you wear there? I havent been to LCI at all. I always just visited him in county. But I would just like to know if you can wear a wedding dress at all? Like something simple but elegant. Any help would be very much appreciated.:o

butterfly59
08-05-2006, 05:15 PM
The time that it takes to get you approved varies depending on how fast or slow they move. Your guy has to go through a series of meetings with Psych, the Chaplain, Cheif of Security. It has been a while since I have been approved, so I am not sure if the procedure is still the same. So if I am wrong I am sure someone will be along to correct me. It has been over 2 years since I went through the whole thing. After your guy gets approved from Psych, Chief of Security, and the Chaplain. I believe the Warden or his representative signs off and then it goes to Tallahassee to be approved. Oh yeah the Chaplain will want to speak to you. Since I lived out of state and the Chaplain was not available on the days I visited we did our meeting via the phone. I also had to write a letter to the Chaplain as to why I wanted to marry Marty. I guess it is to make sure I knew what I was getting into.
You can wear a nice dress as long as it fits the visitation guidelines. They usually preform the weddings during visiting hours. So whatever you wear you will be wearing all day. Make sure it is comfortable. I don't think a formal wedding dress would be comfortable to sit in all day. But that is up to you. I would talk to the Chaplain he or she can give you a better idea as to what that istitution does for the weddings that happen there.
Congratulations on your up coming marriage.

____LadyB
08-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Thank You so much.
Now I have some type of idea of what is going to happen.

nightbird
08-05-2006, 07:43 PM
I don't think the dress can be low cut, or backless, or strapless type. I am sure you can find one, I doubt it can be too short. My dress was a long hippie type tunic but the lady that checks us when we go in, asked me if I was wearing a slip underneath(it had one built in).

____LadyB
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
You cant wear a slip?