View Full Version : Parole Hearing Question.. What Does It Mean "Pass To Discharge" in Montana

Sapphyre
07-31-2006, 06:36 AM
This question relates to an inmate in Montana.

My friend recently had a parole hearing (his first one, as required by law). He parole was denied. On the parole hearing agenda, it's showing his new parole hearing date, but beside it, it reads, "Inmate reqested pass to discharge." Can anyone explain to me what this means? There's not very much time between his next hearing date, and his discharge date (sentence expiration). I guess what I want to know is, is he waiving his right to having another parole hearing and wants to only be released on his discharge date?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sapphyre

NuBeginning
07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Sapphyre.... Again, my apologies for moving your thread to the wrong forum. I did a little research and called the Montana BOP to get your answer. "Pass To Dischare" means that he will stay in until his discharge date instead of paroling. If he requested it, then he probably felt that it was better to just stay in and discharge so that he does not have to be on parole. The new hearing date may be a formality to issue further orders for his release. See I'm not a bad person and I'm here to help, so next time be nice to me if I make a little mistake. :) Hope this helps!

Sapphyre
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks for taking the time to check this out for me NuBeginning.

I think these past few days, it's been easy to push my buttons, even accidentally. I had a rough morning at the Doc's, and much appreciated you letting me know, even though unfortunately for me, the worst has been confirmed... I guess I won't be seeing my friend for an extra 3-5 years if he waits to be discharged instead of paroling. I'll ask him why he preferred this next time I write, although I think I understand why he'd rather be "free" than be on parole. It's not going to be an easy life for him when he gets out, I know that much. So I do understand his choice, I was just hoping to see him on the outside a lot sooner. I guess I'll have to save my money for more visits.