View Full Version : Question about SAFP and the inmate locator

AllenJojo
07-27-2006, 02:37 AM
Will the TDCJ inmate locater site still list my gal when she goes to SAFP????

mamajmg
07-27-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that it will. SAFP is program that falls under the tdcj facilities but the program itself is run by private organizations. For example my son is at the Glossbrenner unit but his program is run by Gateway Foundation.

Do you know what facility your g/f is going to? You can also call Huntsville to find out any available information.

Good luck!

Janice

heatherness
07-27-2006, 06:15 PM
It will still list her as far as offense, sentence date, and location. I go on there almost every day to see if they have updated my boyfriend as far as the projected release date, but no luck yet. He is in safp too.

AllenJojo
07-27-2006, 08:33 PM
It will still list her as far as offense, sentence date, and location. I go on there almost every day to see if they have updated my boyfriend as far as the projected release date, but no luck yet. He is in safp too.

I check it all the damn time too. They ar epretty good about updating it. They showed her in Huntsville for a night when they were moving her form Dayton to Gatesville.

pami57
07-27-2006, 08:45 PM
It lists my daughter same as it did when she was in the prison, just shows HALBERT instead of HOBBY.

MBB
07-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes it will my boyfriend has been in SAFP in Glossbrenner for two
months an the TDCJ does show him and all the information, it
is still part of TDC. It may take it a day or two to show up
Good Luck

MonkeyBoi77
07-31-2006, 08:18 PM
since its part of the tdcj facilities and programs it will be listed as such

BB's Mom
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Heatherness I looked on the locator everyday also, but it never showed my son's release date and then after he was transferred to the halfway house he was not on the locator list. Believe me your boyfriend will know when he is projected to be moved and will send you info. on what to send him for his release. You will only be able to send him pants, a shirt, socks, underwear, and shoes. They are very specific. You will have to send via the mail. I had all the info. about a month before my son was being sent to the halfway house. He was even able to write me with the halfway house address and phone number, so I could call to see when I could drop off more clothes, etc. When you get to this point let me know and I will give you some pointers. :)

JesslovesAJ
08-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Where in the world is my boyfriend?!?! He said he would be in the SAFP program in Abilene... Help?! Someone please e-mail me or pm or message me in some way to let me know because our daughters and I have not seen him in 3 months already...! Thank you

lonelyluv
08-03-2006, 10:19 PM
jesslovesaj my hubby is at the one in kyle tx. i know a lil about were they send guys who were on parole and then were sent to safp. so pm if ur bf was on parole before he went.

MonkeyBoi77
08-03-2006, 10:41 PM
the inmate locator has issues and needs fixed.

everyone might wanna call where their loved ones were held and see if you can get an answer or talk to their lawyer if applicable

JesslovesAJ
08-04-2006, 02:51 AM
I feel really silly because i made so many frantic "where is he?" posts but I got a letter today and he's in Glossbrenner... hehe. I think that's a plus because the trip won't be totally miserable for my little girl (she HATES car rides) cause I'll be able to take her to the beach. And of course she will love to see Daddy.

MonkeyBoi77
08-04-2006, 02:56 AM
im glad u got word where he is at, the inmate locator gives me issues everytime I use it, but I think it might be due to her last name for some weird reason

heatherness
08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Hey, let me know if you have any questions about your visit or maybe what beach to go to. I live here in Corpus and am an avid beach fan!!! Maybe I could help point you in the right direction:) .

mamajmg
08-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Okay, I'm not trying to burst the beach bubble - lol BUT - I don't know what part of Houston you're coming from but it's still a pretty good drive. We leave the north side of Houston around noon on Friday's because of the traffic/construction and it takes us anywhere from 4.5 to 6 hours. We spend the night in Alice, Tx as there is not a place to stay in San Diego. Both towns are very small. I think Alice hasn't had their walmart very long - lol

If you have any questions - feel free to ask away. I've been making the trip for three months now and feel seasoned. :) One thing I can tell you is what motel NOT to stay in. My husband and his cheap *** !!! OMG! Can we say - rent by the hour specials? :yuck:

BB's Mom
08-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Mama - boy you made me laugh! It is true that the hotels and motels in Alice are not great!

JesslovesAJ some advice get to Glossbrenner early! We always got there by 8:00 am. It is quieter and not crowded, it makes for a very pleasant visit.

MonkeyBoi77
08-04-2006, 10:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA mama and the rent by hour specials.

I got a discount from the place I stayed at when I went to see boo, thank god for that.

heatherness
08-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Yes get there early. When it fills up it is hard to have a conversation because it gets SO LOUD in the room. Also last Saturday I got there late About 12:40pm and had to wait in my car for a table to clear. I only had to wait 15 minutes- but still.

MonkeyBoi77
08-06-2006, 04:09 AM
omg it was way loud when I went to see boo, sometimes it was worse than county jail here in houston, the visiting room at hackberry is way small and crammed, my next visit will be to attend the classes they which doesnt count against our 2 hour visit, so that will make 3 hours total, which is way better cuz the traveling I do to get there can be a pain when you do it alone.

jandkalltheway
09-06-2006, 03:12 PM
um well my fiancee just got sent off to breckenridge yesterday and i was reading that you can check his info. on the inmate locator.....i tried doing that and it never did anything or tell me anything it just went back to the main screen....could someone help me .......

CASEY'S BABYGIR
09-06-2006, 03:19 PM
J YOU MAY HAVE YOUR POP UP BLOCKER ON AND THAT IS BLOCKING THE RESULTS YOU NEED TO TRUN IT OFF AND IT WILL WORK

MonkeyBoi77
09-07-2006, 12:17 AM
pop up blockers or firewalls can cause that to happen

jandkalltheway
09-08-2006, 11:26 AM
thank you both very much i finally got through, and it gave me his info., but it didnt give me his release date...when do they post his release date do ya'll know?...he got there tuesday the 5th

jandkalltheway
09-08-2006, 11:28 AM
he went to the safp in breckenridge by the way

MonkeyBoi77
09-08-2006, 11:23 PM
I dont think they will post their release date till they have a halfway house arrangements made, but then again I could be wrong.

BB's Mom
09-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Monkey is correct. However, when I checked my son's release date after he was assigned to a halfway house it never showed up and then once he was at the halfway house he was not on the locator anymore. I guess he made it there before the info was updated in the system. My son knew about 3 to 4 weeks before he was being released what the date was going to be. He had to send me a letter giving me instruction on what clothes I could send and how, etc. The rules where very specific.

Me,Myself&I
09-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Can someone please help me?.... I see that ya'll talkin bout these websites and something called safp??? ok to the point (sorry) what is a safp and how do you get to that website that ya'll are talking about? please help me... thank you in advance and god bless.

AllenJojo
09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Can someone please help me?.... I see that ya'll talkin bout these websites and something called safp??? ok to the point (sorry) what is a safp and how do you get to that website that ya'll are talking about? please help me... thank you in advance and god bless.

http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm (http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm)

That link will take you to the inmate locater. It'll tell you all the info bout the inmate. The present unit, projected release date, parole eligibilty date, etc etc....They are pretty good about updating it even when an inmate is on the move.
Now SAFP I thiiiink stands for Substance Abuse Felony Punishment. It's a rehab type program that many are sent to from county jail INSTEAD of prison....it's also a requirement for a lot of inmates being released on parole with drug convictions.

MonkeyBoi77
09-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes there are some other threads about SAFP, just do a search for it