View Full Version : hurricanes?

KBs_Baby
07-27-2006, 12:51 AM
i know that everything was poorly organized w/katrina last year and i was wondering what could happen. i'm basically all my boyfriend has and i live in nj. i wanted to visit him towards the end of august but i'm a bit weary bc of what happend last year.

what will happen to the inmates in and around new orleans if the weather starts getting rough?

sociologist
08-03-2006, 05:06 PM
It depends largely on the strength of the hurricane and how close it may come. Katrina was the first time in New Orleans that inmates were ever evacuated (poorly and way too late). There aren't as many in Orleans Parish Jail or Prison now because they're still spread throughout the state. The sheriff's office doesn't generally release what is going to happen with inmates at the prison and jail because of the risk of escape. Hope this helps.

KBs_Baby
08-13-2006, 11:39 PM
thanks for you help! i'm just trying to stay optimistic that things will be ok and my baby will come home to me in october. i really think that i was looking for things to upset me (as if my current situation wasn't enough) by wondering what would happen come hurricane season.