View Full Version : Class D Facilities in Kentucky Visiting Questions

necee_007
07-26-2006, 10:23 AM
My husband in housed in Lexington at Fayette County Detention Center. He is a Class D felon but we are still not allowed contact visitation. Can any tell me of other facilities that we can transfer too that allow contact visitation and what is the likelyness of a transfer?

rosedealer
07-26-2006, 06:23 PM
i dont know about the transfer but Western kentucky has a little contact as far as a kiss and a hug and you may hold hands during the visit. visitation inside and out. dont know how hard it will be for him to move there.

kris' pooh bear
07-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Neecee,
I have already posted in another forum the regulations regarding Class D Felons. It has information about transfers as well as how to request one. You should look under Kentucky DOC, What You Need To Know

callen
07-27-2006, 08:23 AM
I think that Luther Luckett holds class D felons and they have a little contact. You can kiss and hug at the beginning and end of visit, but nothing in between.

necee_007
07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the information just to be able to hug him would be really nice. His kids haven't done that for a really long time.

WaitN4Him
07-28-2006, 03:23 AM
Hello! Most class D facilities are non-contact. I'm sorry to tell you that. Class D's are a short stay so they are pretty strict to keep them from coming back. But think about it all the men who do get contacts are in prison, meaning they have already been through the hard times of non contact and lock down 23 hours a day now they are just doing their time. Good Luck.